Belgium the n°1 country for pool in europe

DA\/E

yup,

this is her first try at chinese 8ball. it's A LOT different then pool and she still gets beaten by the more experiences chinese players who play only that game, just as the top man players get beaten by those who play this game all the time

The balls are different (weight. i know kamila has been training 2 weeks before the event on her pooltable with the balls they use in china to get used to the weight difference), the table is obv different, and the pocket sizes, make certain pots impossible, so you have to adjust you tactics, plan the runouts differently and you can't use every type of shot (sometimes a ball won't go if you stun it, but it will go in if you shoot it with pocketspeed)

I think kamila her strenght is her mental game and her thinking. she think's a level higher then her opponents. but i agree, good basics always help :) wish i had that.

Wow, I am amazed you say it's her first try at C8B. I watched her game vs Allison Fisher, and she really only lost out due to a little match play inexperience and a couple of bad position shots towards the end of the racks. Her single ball potting ability looked better than Allison's, and that's saying something, as Allison is a brilliant potter. She certainly didn't fear the tight pockets. (Take a look how the C8B pockets make Earl Strickland, Alex Pagulayan and even SVB's cue action tighten up like they had a hunk of charcoal up their butts). No fear in that regard from this girl.

Also, I watched the match where she had a close win over Y.C.Lin (Recent winner of one of those big Amway 9 Ball tournaments I think). Once again, it was her cue action and potting power that got her up over a more seasoned opponent. Great run out at the end also to secure the match.

I know there has been a lot of talk in recent times about how the Asian girls have taken the women's game to a whole new level (and they have), but I think if Kamila sticks with it, she can really do the same. She has better fundamentals than all the Asian girls, and that should keep her in good stead. She just needs a little more big game experience, and a few more wins against the top tier women, and she will be unstoppable.

Solartje

the Brunswick BUG bit me
Silver Member
I totally agree dave. Lets hope she can step it up even more and get to be the top female player in the world.

I'm not sure what balls they used, but i remember kamila telling me they were going to use cyclops balls and that they where lighter. her sponser offered her a chinese pooltable, but the shipping and importcosts are insane and there is no space at the moment, but she will be playing alot more in asia and alot more of chinese pool , just as the likes of Alison. the sport there is just on another level, and the pricepools are enormous compared to the rest of the world. check the eurotour for lady's pricepool with asia, and its a laughter.

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
I am beginning to despair of this forum. The OP put up a thread
expressing pride in his country's achievements on the pool table.
It only took about a dozen or so posts before the thread began
to unravel.
Who gives a F*** if they sell good waffles and there surely must
be a French Fries Forum that allows you to expound the virtues
of this ghastly image that waffles with skinny sliced potatoes
conjures up.
To make matters worse Soljarte (as is his perogative) has joined
in the debate, not at the billiards level but at trite heart attack
threatening level. He did a fine job before degenerating into a
vacation salesman.

Threads are supposed to unravel. It's the nature of threads. The OP accomplished his mission by showcasing those two lovely, and talented, sisters. What the hell more do you want?
Lighten up, and have a waffle.

poQet trainer

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Silver Member
yup, french fries are a belgium speciality. Don't ask me why they are call french.

All i know is:
1/ they are made of a special kind of potato called a "bintje"
2/ They have to be cooked twice. once at 140°, then cooled down and again at 180°
3/ the perfect size is 13mm thickness

It's heaven. :) i think french fries is to Belgium what chicken wings are to afro Americans. (at least that's how i imagine it)

easy with the afro american stuff. our country is slowly being handed over and that can cause a backlash to the cause.

poQet trainer

hahahahahahahahahahahahah
Silver Member
I am beginning to despair of this forum. The OP put up a thread
expressing pride in his country's achievements on the pool table.
It only took about a dozen or so posts before the thread began
to unravel.

Who gives a F*** if they sell good waffles and there surely must
be a French Fries Forum that allows you to expound the virtues
of this ghastly image that waffles with skinny sliced potatoes
conjures up.

To make matters worse Soljarte (as is his perogative) has joined
in the debate, not at the billiards level but at trite heart attack
threatening level. He did a fine job before degenerating into a
vacation salesman.

that's how conversation works. sometimes, being as the OP is from another country, it's nice to get to know them and their culture. obviously all that needed to be said about the original post has been said, and it was just a country pride post. and tastefully done. Belgium is known for alot of things that some people don't know about. what if this post inspires someone to visit the country they never would of thought twice about visiting. and this being a billiards forum and belgium had a nice billiards culture, even the more so.