Bell Forest Robbed at Expo. Donations Needed

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Many of us having been around gambling and carry large amounts of cash know that you should 1.) pay attention to your surroundings, 2.) have a gun, 3.) have some buddies with you, 4.) be stealthy in when moving around, 5.) don't advertise you have a bunch of cash, 6.) don't be a dumb ass

shooter_Hans

open forum bud. don't like it feel free to put me on 'Ignore'. i just spent 2yrs beating back-to-back cancer. nobody gave me a fkng quarter. know why?????? i never asked. my problem, no one elses.
I will giver you a big CONGRATULATIONS!

More time to play pool and to more life!

Reactions: fjk

shooter_Hans

Many of us having been around gambling and carry large amounts of cash know that you should 1.) pay attention to your surroundings, 2.) have a gun, 3.) have some buddies with you, 4.) be stealthy in when moving around, 5.) don't advertise you have a bunch of cash, 6.) don't be a dumb ass
Yes.

People need to get back to their instincts. This is pool after all. It may now be mainstream with big shows and big brands but exercise caution.

This is still an industry filled with criminal minds.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
open forum bud. don't like it feel free to put me on 'Ignore'. i just spent 2yrs beating back-to-back cancer. nobody gave me a fkng quarter. know why?????? i never asked. my problem, no one elses.
I am very glad you are beating the cancer. I understand you did not ask for help, just like Bell Forest never asked. Think about this for a second. What if a friend of yours came on here and asked for some help for you and people started posting up all the bad decisions you made in life, and saying those led to you getting cancer and no one should help you. Forget how you would feel for a minute. How would your friend feel? AZ has had some world class players, coaches, teachers and cuemakers come on and after all the negative stuff they decide to quit posting here. The negative posters probably feel good about running off these people. But the ones who actually appreciated them posting lose out because they are gone.

I know someone who's wife died from cancer and people on AZ found out insisted on helping even though the person stated openly on the forum that they did not need the help. That has been many years ago. Things sure have changed around here.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am very glad you are beating the cancer. I understand you did not ask for help, just like Bell Forest never asked. Think about this for a second. What if a friend of yours came on here and asked for some help for you and people started posting up all the bad decisions you made in life, and saying those led to you getting cancer and no one should help you. Forget how you would feel for a minute. How would your friend feel? AZ has had some world class players, coaches, teachers and cuemakers come on and after all the negative stuff they decide to quit posting here. The negative posters probably feel good about running off these people. But the ones who actually appreciated them posting lose out because they are gone.

I know someone who's wife died from cancer and people on AZ found out insisted on helping even though the person stated openly on the forum that they did not need the help. That has been many years ago. Things sure have changed around here.
Whatever dude. What does any of this have to do with how these guys lost their $$$? You post on a open forum and get all butthurt when you get 'mean' replies. Did you really expect people to just line up and say "OMG, that's just horrible. Here's my donation to your stupidity"???? Did they actually leave a bag of $$ in their vehicle??

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This thread reminds me of why I never give my money to street corner beggars.

If they wanted help they should be begging for work, not free money!

Been there done that!

Stupid people that leave bags of cash in their car do not deserve my money..

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This thread reminds me of why I never give my money to street corner beggars.

If they wanted help they should be begging for work, not free money!

Been there done that!

Stupid people that leave bags of cash in their car do not deserve my money..
Where should a big bag of money be kept while you are making trips back and forth from the trade show floor to your vehicle to load up to leave? I bet if they toted it with them and got robbed they would have been called stupid for not locking it in their car.

dendweller

What I have to say here I say to all who are insisting on posting negative stuff in this thread.
You should not give one penny nor should you give your 2 cents worth of negative posts.
Do not give and do not post. That is what I think those who are against it should do.
When you see salvation Army or Santa Claus out side Walmart you either walk on by or you give something.
I have never seen one person stop and start telling Salvation Army why people do not deserve to be helped because of the bad choices they made in life. So please have some class and either give something or just walk on by this thread.
It really has gotten pretty ugly. Kinda like a fund getting started for someone with lung cancer and people piling on how the person shouldn't have smoked cigarettes.

DeeDeeCues

Ever been to the Expo? I would guess a big portion of the sales are in cash. They should've had a safe of some sort secured in their vehicle to at least make it more difficult for the thieves.

20k doesn't take up much space. If the average bill was a tenner, that is only 2000 bills. That is like carrying four paperback Tom Clancy novels, should be under 5lbs. Less than my cad lappy.
Where should a big bag of money be kept while you are making trips back and forth from the trade show floor to your vehicle to load up to leave? I bet if they toted it with them and got robbed they would have been called stupid for not locking it in their car.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
The true ugliness I see on display here is an inability to reassess one's position and to acknowledge mistakes. Instead, it is deny, deny, deny -- now double down. Pursuing sunk costs will be our damnation. If you have ever wondered how we got to where we are, this thread provides a excellent point to begin your inquiry.

shooter_Hans

I see a bunch of guys that made a killing during SBE and made out with 20k for flipping exotic wood. Premium wood. Stuff that people will overpay for. Then there’s how dealers are getting their wood.

They got their money stolen.

Just a crazy story and negligence. I can see why people are hesitant to donate to strangers and to people that made off with SBE too.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my day there were very few roadmen that didn't get robbed at least once or twice, usually after making a good score. I won't name names but some of them are very well known players who had a moment of carelessness that cost them thousands! Some were followed out to their car, some to their hotel/motels and some right outside the poolroom. Personally I've had three attempts to rob me, and I was able to thwart all three. Lucky me. You can read about them in Pool Wars!

I used to leave my poolroom alone late at night after closing with several thou in my pocket. I always went out a different way (no routine), looked all around when exiting, took a different route to my car which I never parked in the same place. And yes, I was armed. My attitude at the time was if I had to give up the money I would, but I didn't want to get killed in the process. A couple of guys I know got killed, David Sizemore and Mike Carella.

I always left cash register money and even pay envelopes for my employees on Fridays when my day person opened up, and I always kept several thou in my safe there. Some smart guy scoped out where we kept the hidden key my employee used to open the office door in the morning (he hid in a corner and watched him open up). The thief snuck inside late at night, found the key and got into my office. He stole all the money out of the desk there and tried to unlock the safe but couldn't. I lost about $150 starter money for the cash register and over $800 in pay envelopes. There was $10,000 in the safe! He didn't get that. No more hidden key after that caper.

shooter_Hans

Again one is life and death.

It’s hard to feel sorry for people that had a fantastic week at SBE where they can lose 20k in the car and who knows maybe another 10k on them.

If you come here to ask for money you better have a better attitude. You’re not to talk back or argue with people that you are asking from.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

It’s hard to feel sorry for people that had a fantastic week at SBE where they can lose 20k in the car and who knows maybe another 10k on them.

If you come here to ask for money you better have a better attitude. You’re not to talk back or argue with people that you are aski

If you come here to ask for money you better have a better attitude. You’re not to talk back or argue with people that you are asking from.
You talk trash and say I am not to talk back. I have zero to gain from this and do not need the grief. If I could delete the thread I would.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
W
I see a bunch of guys that made a killing during SBE and made out with 20k for flipping exotic wood. Premium wood. Stuff that people will overpay for. Then there’s how dealers are getting their wood.

They got their money stolen.

Just a crazy story and negligence. I can see why people are hesitant to donate to strangers and to people that made off with SBE too.
Who made the killing was the thieves. And the thieves are the ones getting hammered in the cuemakers forums instead of the ones who got stole from.

CuesDirectly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Peace be to all here.

The best solution in the future?

Put the money into an envelope and mail it home, case closed.

Ooops, forgot, LOL.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
if someone smokes ill be damned if i give him a nickel for his cancer. how many people did he contribute to their lung problems and others having to breath his smoke.

and cue,man still hasnt said how much he donated to his friends and business partners. just said dont be negative. he is right until you start asking for something for nothing. then everyone who was asked has a right and maybe a duty to voice what they are thinking.

and let the guys who lost their money come and ask for it back from the posters here. and of course tell us they are now desperate because of this
and not just set back. not likely to happen.
they do a cash business and maybe or maybe not declare all of it. that's on them but its their choice to do a cash business not for us to insure it for them.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It would have been MUCH MORE difficult to steal it from me! GUARANTEED. I have more respect for my money than the people that it got stolen from because they failed to secure it properly. You just don't get it and that is sad in a way. You should live on the street for a while, that would have taught you a lot about people and thieves.

That amount of cash would have been in my possession with a side arm and a good friend that would have my back!!! I'd have made them work for it in the least. The thieves probably had them in their sights before they even left it in the car, making the theft all much simpler.. DUH.

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
I got an idea. Why don’t a group of Cue Makers get together and each donate a cue. Then all the secondary market Cue Flippers get together and each donate a cue. Then have a series of auctions. Then with 75% of the proceeds you could start a non profit that helps the entire pool community. Then these guys that got robbed could be the first beneficaries.