Bell Forest Robbed at Expo. Donations Needed

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
20,000 cash fits in your pockets and especially two peoples pockets very easily and concealable.
they were simply lax and suffered for their indiscretion.

cueman how much did you give them?

shooter_Hans

I got an idea. Why don’t a group of Cue Makers get together and each donate a cue. Then all the secondary market Cue Flippers get together and each donate a cue. Then have a series of auctions. Then with 75% of the proceeds you could start a non profit that helps the entire pool community. Then these guys that got robbed could be the first beneficaries.
This is the way

shooter_Hans

20,000 cash fits in your pockets and especially two peoples pockets very easily and concealable.

I think him volunteering and posting on AZB is more than enough help. He is taking the backlash for them.

To be honest I think they would be embarrassed to post this fund themselves.

His contribution is admirable.

dendweller

if someone smokes ill be damned if i give him a nickel for his cancer. how many people did he contribute to their lung problems and others having to breath his smoke.
That is definitely your right to feel that way and your right to not give to the fund, but when you choose to rub their nose in it, you're just being rude.
With most people, when you're face to face with someone, you may think things, but there's a filter. For some people, when it's the internet, there is no filter.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
i would tell them face to face what i said here. if someone asks for you to give or do something you should tell them your reasons for your decision.

this is a place to discuss and give opinions on things, and most things are not off limits or repressed as long as you follow the guide lines.

many dont like to hear or see what offends them or isnt in agreement with their views. that is more than sad.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I gave them $300 if you must know.

dendweller

i would tell them face to face what i said here. if someone asks for you to give or do something you should tell them your reasons for your decision.

this is a place to discuss and give opinions on things, and most things are not off limits or repressed as long as you follow the guide lines.

many dont like to hear or see what offends them or isnt in agreement with their views. that is more than sad.
fair enough

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
thank you. cueman. but when you ask for money for people a person has never met or has any attachment to you do have to expect to get questions and answers many may not like.

this was your baby as you introduced it. i was curious of what you actually donated. which was one percent of what they or you were trying to collect.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You can go back and forth on this forever.
Hate to see this happening at a pool event where there are gathering of vendors looking to sell their wares
for the benefit of pool players who may be interested in those wares.

Anytime anyone gets robbed there is 20/20 hindsight.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
anytime anyone gets robbed it is outrageous.
not always but many or most times it is because those that got robbed were lax in their duties to be aware of their surroundings. and opened a chance for the bad guys to get them. this case is just that.
it is unfortunate and i hope they catch the creeps and maybe they will with present forensics if the cops follow through.

but it must have been obvious at some point they made it public they had the cash and where it was or could easily be observed. or it wouldn't have happened.

and hope they learnt a lesson that may save them in the future from similar things or even violent ones.

DeeDeeCues

Where should a big bag of money be kept while you are making trips back and forth from the trade show floor to your vehicle to load up to leave? I bet if they toted it with them and got robbed they would have been called stupid for not locking it in their car.

The problem is that theft/burglary is statistically over 20x as likely than robbery.

I gave them $300 if you must know.

Good on you, but we didn't and shouldn't. True charity should only be anonymous.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
and maybe they will with present forensics if the cops follow through.
Fat chance. Unless there's a body there ain't a cop/department alive that will do forensics. Even fingerprinting is rarely done. This ain't the movies and most law enforcement can't be bothered to investigate a theft.

shooter_Hans

Fat chance. Unless there's a body there ain't a cop/department alive that will do forensics. Even fingerprinting is rarely done. This ain't the movies and most law enforcement can't be bothered to investigate a theft.
Yep. It’s funny even saying this but they use to look for fingerprints. Good luck with that today. When the most basic of fingerprinting is not done anymore.

Detect and investigators use to be the brightest of minds. Now they get the title minus the work.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
the higher the value of the crime the more the police will investigate. and the size of the town.
if there is little evidence then they wont do much. but if there is some good evidence like video or something left at at the scene they may or will put further effort into it.
most times it is all what their priorities are.

true that most police forces nowadays aren't putting much effort into non violent crimes.
when i had a cabin robbed i had to do all the investigated work and found the culprits and then the cops arrested them.

then the d.a. let them go as he said they were leaving town and not coming back and not worth the trouble trying them.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
amazing bob. i gave the cops the names, where they were staying and where the goods were sold to.

first they wouldn't come up to the cabin said it was far away in their county. then when i said it was enough for a felony they still said the same thing.
finally i found they robbed a bunch of other cabins so then they came. but wouldnt take finger prints on a hand rail they had to use.
but i caught them and it didn't do any good.

xX-Wizard-Xx

do we know it was stolen ... could be they are having a hard time and put together a profitable plan to make some easy money. plenty of the gofundme are scams

shooter_Hans

do we know it was stolen ... could be they are having a hard time and put together a profitable plan to make some easy money. plenty of the gofundme are scams
Well they made a killing during SBE week to have 20k in cash. This isn’t for change either.

It would be dumb to try to double that money through funding.

Rodney

hot7339
Silver Member
Well they made a killing during SBE week to have 20k in cash. This isn’t for change either.

It would be dumb to try to double that money through funding.

I’m just curious how you know they made a killing? You know how much they paid for product, travel expenses, how much the booth was, how much the employees got paid? I assume that obviously you must just know it all.

shooter_Hans

I’m just curious how you know they made a killing? You know how much they paid for product, travel expenses, how much the booth was, how much the employees got paid? I assume that obviously you must just know it all.
They said 30k but police report said 20.

So I’m going with what police report says.

Willowbrook Wolfy

Going pro
Gold Member
How much did the SBE donate for not having security on the loading dock? Thats my question. It seems really odd that there would be pedestrians anywhere near the loading dock also. Was it another vendor that robbed them maybe?