Best way to train for accuracy

stevenw00d

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good for you. Then go into the thread I started and read about that aiming system and how positive it was and I was. Otherwise, AZ has been doing just fine for the last 14 years and hasn't been hurt by too much.

I would hope I get kudos from you about the thread but some how I'm thinking it's not going to happen.

Just what we need a new sheriff in town. Self appointed. Read my thread and learn even though it isn't about angles or math. I'm starting to get a bad taste myself from your posts. Where are those Rolaids?

I'll read your thread, along with tons of others as I'm working on aiming systems. I'm usually not one for posting just to give someone a pat on the back, but if that is what you need, I'll try to remember that. :wink:

Sorry for the bad taste, but if an objective view does that to you, then I guess my stay here might be even more fun than I originally thought.

Oh yeah... do I need to stop by the ticket booth for my badge or will it be mailed to me? :p

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I'll read your thread, along with tons of others as I'm working on aiming systems. I'm usually not one for posting just to give someone a pat on the back, but if that is what you need, I'll try to remember that. :wink:

Sorry for the bad taste, but if an objective view does that to you, then I guess my stay here might be even more fun than I originally thought.

Oh yeah... do I need to stop by the ticket booth for my badge or will it be mailed to me? :p

I had you pegged right from the start. 4 posts all knowing and increasingly aggressive, now a big time wise guy.

You might even be an old ex member under a new name. Or just a hot shot troublemaker. Either way, I see where you're coming from and where you're going.
I AM the target!

You should have come up with a more appropriate screen name. Like "Captain Obvious".

Last edited:

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Be someone a first time user, long time user or long time user with another alias, let's all keep it civil here.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bc21 = poolology + spiderweb.com = helpimbeingopressed = banned - banned = not banned.

Cool. I don't like to see anyone get banned for arguing or bashing or pretenses of said arguing or bashing or insinuating or obviously + no proof = crystal ball

Let'er rip captain.

FO'TEEN years counselor, I been argu'in fo years, gonna come wit dis game mane, I been through wars wit settles to score back in eightyfooooour.

Don't move until you see it. It's there.

ballbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
FYI, there happens to be a NEW peep that posted for the first time in my thread who was extremely interested in the technique and wants to learn more.
That’s great i hope it works out for them. Its a great technic.

Those are the guys I have respect for and go out of my way to help any way I can.
Sure why not.

In his case that's exactly what we're doing behind the scene by way of PM. I wouldn't expect you or anyone else to know about that but now you do.
Why would i know.

I've done this many times over by way of PM or live when we had a chance to link up at the SBE or elsewhere.
That’s great.

Btw, who have you helped lately?
Well last 2 tournaments i donated my winnings to a womens shelter and food bank, i donate to the food bank and many other things i do. I really dont like to talk about it because i like low profile to each there own but since you asked. Is that what your looking for? And yes i do help peeps in pool that ask. As you know most have there own way and dont like to listen again to each there own.

Did I miss some of your posts of wisdom or are you also working with others behind the scene?
Ok, this can be my first post of wisdom. Not everyone is out for your systems that’s the way i read it anyway. For some reason you seem to dig deep to try and find something. So respect others opions we may not like them or agree but everyone can have one. So there is a little of my wisdom hope it helps. And know i’m not working with anyone behind the scene, i know no one on here.

If I missed a valuable post of yours, my error. Copy and paste the post or the link with it. I'm interested.
No you haven’t missed any but here ya go.

For me i’m always down for learning something new. I’ve never tried (learned) any systems(methods if you like) more of a hamb, until i came back looking at AZB and noticed one in the forms. You know the one poolology this one worked for me as Dan says right out of the box. I use it just like Brian does, i don't use it for every shot you know the drill and i have ran out tables just using it when they line up right. Now i’m not saying other systems(methods) don't work because i don't know them, this one has helped me so far and know i don’t find it complicated at all pretty straight forward. Now being a lefty most videos are rightys shooting so maybe that's why this one clicked i didn't have to mirror it. But the one your talking about Splitting the Difference has lots of merit with me and seems interesting same as Hal’s as well. I would like to learn them when i have time. Now the CTE i would like to learn to but i will wait for the new stuff to come out. Now i’m not here to slam any method again i think they all have there merits. I just go out and try to have fun and learn when i play but i still dog lots of shots. Maybe i should change my name to woof woof. So there you have it my 2 cents.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Btw, who have you helped lately?
Well last 2 tournaments i donated my winnings to a womens shelter and food bank, i donate to the food bank and many other things i do. I really dont like to talk about it because i like low profile to each there own but since you asked. Is that what your looking for? And yes i do help peeps in pool that ask. As you know most have there own way and dont like to listen again to each there own.

That's great..

Did I miss some of your posts of wisdom or are you also working with others behind the scene?
Ok, this can be my first post of wisdom. Not everyone is out for your systems that’s the way i read it anyway. For some reason you seem to dig deep to try and find something. So respect others opions we may not like them or agree but everyone can have one. So there is a little of my wisdom hope it helps. And know i’m not working with anyone behind the scene, i know no one on here.

That's great.

If I missed a valuable post of yours, my error. Copy and paste the post or the link with it. I'm interested.
No you haven’t missed any but here ya go.

For me i’m always down for learning something new. I’ve never tried (learned) any systems(methods if you like) more of a hamb, until i came back looking at AZB and noticed one in the forms. You know the one poolology this one worked for me as Dan says right out of the box. I use it just like Brian does, i don't use it for every shot you know the drill and i have ran out tables just using it when they line up right.

That's great.

Now i’m not saying other systems(methods) don't work because i don't know them, this one has helped me so far and know i don’t find it complicated at all pretty straight forward.

That's great.

Now being a lefty most videos are rightys shooting so maybe that's why this one clicked i didn't have to mirror it. But the one your talking about Splitting the Difference has lots of merit with me and seems interesting same as Hal’s as well. I would like to learn them when i have time. Now the CTE i would like to learn to but i will wait for the new stuff to come out. Now i’m not here to slam any method again i think they all have there merits.

That's great.

I just go out and try to have fun and learn when i play but i still dog lots of shots.

That's not so great.

Maybe i should change my name to woof woof. So there you have it my 2 cents.

If woof woof makes you come to the dinner table quicker, go for it.

I think it was more like $1.29 instead of 2 cents.

ballbanger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it was more like $1.29 instead of 2 cents.
I converted into Canadian money lol

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey spidey, why is it that if I, and I bet my life this technique works for most players, walk around the table to the other side of the shot relationship from the pocket side and then walk back to the cb side and then finish the PSR, the success rate of outcome jumps dramatically?

The reason im askin you specifically is the aspect portion of "sweep".

Is it possible that coming back around the table, back to the cb side of relationship, critical as to what side?

In other words, excluding the possibility of better visual programming by going to the pocket side of the relationship and it's possible or probable importance, if we are cutting a 30 degree shot to the left and we want to thicken up the shot, is it possible that walking back to the LEFT side of the cb, in effect, helps produce a outside sweep, unbeknownst to the player?

This effect has just entered my mind, as I have not experimented with which way exactly do i walk back to the cb after looking at the shot from the pocket side.

All I know is, hey, dis walk'n round the table thang, next thing I know, hey, this technique be puttin dem balls up proper in'duh pimp sack mein. It be called aim'n wit yo legs pot'nuh. The godfather of one pocket invented that name and passed on to me.

It works, ain't dat right Clarence?........HE AINT LY'NNN

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Hey spidey, why is it that if I, and I bet my life this technique works for most players, walk around the table to the other side of the shot relationship from the pocket side and then walk back to the cb side and then finish the PSR, the success rate of outcome jumps dramatically?

The reason im askin you specifically is the aspect portion of "sweep".

Is it possible that coming back around the table, back to the cb side of relationship, critical as to what side?

In other words, excluding the possibility of better visual programming by going to the pocket side of the relationship and it's possible or probable importance, if we are cutting a 30 degree shot to the left and we want to thicken up the shot, is it possible that walking back to the LEFT side of the cb, in effect, helps produce a outside sweep, unbeknownst to the player?

This effect has just entered my mind, as I have not experimented with which way exactly do i walk back to the cb after looking at the shot from the pocket side.

This is a question for Stan. I don't have the time or energy to do all the walkin' around the balls and table for every shot. My internal time has me on a 10 second shot clock to set up and pull the trigger on a shot.

You might want to test this for other sports. Would basketball players be more effective if they went behind the backboard before they shot?

Should hockey players skate around the back of the net before taking a shot from in front?

You may have stumbled onto something that will improve all sports. But like I said, if I don't get that shot off in 10 seconds from the last ball going in, my tempo is shot and I'll definitely miss the next one.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Speak up spider, there's a man wish'n to speak to you......MR SPIDER.

Don't

MAKE

ME

get

SHORT WINDED on you.

🙋🏼🎱🙂🙂🙂

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Speak up spider, there's a man wish'n to speak to you......MR SPIDER.

Don't

MAKE

ME

get

SHORT WINDED on you.

🙋🏼🎱🙂🙂🙂

You've been spoken to. Wake up! Or are you dizzy from walking all around the table so many times to run off a few balls?

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is a question for Stan. I don't have the time or energy to do all the walkin' around the balls and table for every shot. My internal time has me on a 10 second shot clock to set up and pull the trigger on a shot.

You might want to test this for other sports. Would basketball players be more effective if they went behind the backboard before they shot?

Should hockey players skate around the back of the net before taking a shot from in front?

You may have stumbled onto something that will improve all sports. But like I said, if I don't get that shot off in 10 seconds from the last ball going in, my tempo is shot and I'll definitely miss the next one.

Oh, you beat me to my demand post right before I posted, what are the odds of that?.... You FIVE-O?

I look like a......fooooool, don't i????

Yeh yehhhhh'esssss i do.

I just tried the technique and from what side you come back around to, does not produce a intended sweep because sometimes the transition point from stand up and down into address, produces a seesaw oppisation mang. I sweep with my eyes and dat never l'eyes mein.

I really do think that the walk around helps give both eyes a visual and thus a better programming. I hear yuh on the walk around. I did it for two hours on a snooker table and got dizzy and tired.

Ain't got time for dat madness but it's a good technique at crunch time or when you can't lock on to a shot. Another trick in the bag that most should have. Ton of value.

Thanks foo.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You've been spoken to. Wake up! Or are you dizzy from walking all around the table so many times to run off a few balls?

Dizzy before I posted and how did you know I was going to use that word???🤔🤔🤔

Man, the dude is FIVE-O. I'm tell'n you, they go un'duh right there mang.

Informant, (something something something jamaican sounding).....I take you boom boom dowwwwnnn.

So that's your game eh? Informing. I always knew you was a informant.

🤓🤓🤓

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anymore useful info?

I thought your unedited post was useful. I think many pool players come here to learn, to get ideas or share knowledge or ask questions. Opinions vary, as everyone has varying levels of knowledge and experience. But it really shouldn't be a challenge to keep civil conversation, assuming most players here are adults.

Concerning the op's thread, I believe the best way to train for accuracy is to focus on what you are doing and pay attention to the outcome. Use little donuts (whole reinforcements) and set up the shots that most often cause trouble, and pay attention to where you aim, how the shot looks just before you pull the trigger, how you're standing, how it feels, etc.... And especially pay attention to the good results so your brain can link to the feel of the shot.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
But it really shouldn't be a challenge to keep civil conversation, assuming most players here are adults.

Pool players, pool rooms and pool forums aren't like going to book clubs where individuals sit around in a polite civil fashion and openly discuss the merits of the book or interpretations of what the author was attempting to get across.

Pool rooms I've been in over 25 years are loaded with adults, many of which are highly educated professional well mannered adults, as well as laborers and not so well educated but now have a place to let loose with their inner wild side that involves trash talking, giving the needle, wrangling and barking to get the edge on bets, or just getting under someone's skin.

It's quite a unique dynamic when you think about it.

Maybe you don't have pool rooms in WVA like that or haven't been in any yourself over the years. But I'm thinking you have and know exactly what I'm talking about.

Or maybe you just need to join a book club and donate time to missionary work.

(just trying to be an adult and give my personal viewpoints. Maybe I've spent too much time in pool rooms, real pool rooms, and forums over the years)

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Pool players, pool rooms and pool forums aren't like going to book clubs where individuals sit around in a polite civil fashion and openly discuss the merits of the book or interpretations of what the author was attempting to get across.

Pool rooms I've been in over 25 years are loaded with adults, many of which are highly educated professional well mannered adults, as well as laborers and not so well educated but now have a place to let loose with their inner wild side that involves trash talking, giving the needle, wrangling and barking to get the edge on bets, or just getting under someone's skin.

It's quite a unique dynamic when you think about it.

Maybe you don't have pool rooms in WVA like that or haven't been in any yourself over the years. But I'm thinking you have and know exactly what I'm talking about.

Or maybe you just need to join a book club and donate time to missionary work.

(just trying to be an adult and give my personal viewpoints. Maybe I've spent too much time in pool rooms, real pool rooms, and forums over the years)

In every pool room I've been in, from Florida to West Virginia, there are always groups of players trash talking and ribbing each other. These are always local guys that know each other well enough to know limits.

As a stranger walking into any pool hall, I've never immediately become involved or subjected to in-your-face mouth-running egos, unless the guy I'm playing is an arrogant punk with a few teenage railbirds cheerleading for him, which has happened, but it's not common.

Sure, after a while of back and fourth with whatever group you're in, you get a sense of the personality of the place and might join into the flow of sarcasm and ribbing with the locals if you enjoy that sort of fun, which I do. If money is involved, and the price is right, everybody typically remains respectful with strangers, and there isn't a lot of meaningless jabber.

This aiming forum is more like a rough bar room than a pool hall. Strangers/newbies often have to tiptoe around trying to avoid making eye contact with the local hotshots that think they own the place because of their long-time patronage. We even have bouncers in the from of moderators to throw people out when they get too rowdy. Lol

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
This aiming forum is more like a rough bar room than a pool hall. Strangers/newbies often have to tiptoe around trying to avoid making eye contact with the local hotshots that think they own the place because of their long-time patronage. We even have bouncers in the from of moderators to throw people out when they get too rowdy. Lol

Rough bar? People getting too rowdy? LMFAO. Little do you know how rough and rowdy it was in the early developmental years of this forum.

Makes the forum of today look like a nice quiet restaurant to stop in for lunch and a few drinks.

I wasn't around for it but the archives of RSB, especially in the last few years, looked like a killing field war zone. There were no bouncer/moderators. Bombs went off daily. I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be involved.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Rough bar? People getting too rowdy? LMFAO. Little do you know how rough and rowdy it was in the early developmental years of this forum.

Makes the forum of today look like a nice quiet restaurant to stop in for lunch and a few drinks.

I wasn't around for it but the archives of RSB, especially in the last few years, looked like a killing field war zone. There were no bouncer/moderators. Bombs went off daily. I can't even imagine what it would have been like to be involved.

Yeah.....you're right. I've read a few of those back-and-fourths, filtering through tons of bs just to find any scrap of knowledge. It is much better now, but newbies still have to watch their step in order to avoid unnecessary harassment.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It is much better now, but newbies still have to watch their step in order to avoid unnecessary harassment.

Stripes have to be earned whether it's the military, police force, fire departments, or even corporate America. Let me know when colleges eliminate hazing.

The players who have gotten more crap than newbies, even newbies who talk a big game but play like dogs are the real life PRO PLAYERS who come in to post.

Every one of them has gotten run out and disgusted to the point where they'll never come back. NowTHAT is sick.

Last edited: