big foot challenge at dcc

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Ha ha! You wrote all that;)

I’ll play you with the 6 this DCC. You crushed me with the 7 last time. Let me know:)

We might be able to get down.. I haven't practiced as much as I'd have liked, not having my own table any more. We'll see how my practice sessions go once I get to WA state.. :)

And I don't remember gambling witchoo? I played iba7467 and his friend, but don't remember gambling with you, although I think I remember playing a few games wit you... The 50+ run you posted in the straight pool thread is a bit of a knock though.. maybe we'll have to make that the "call" 6?

Mwah hah hah...

Short Bus Russ

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Well then.. bet on it?

I'll be there... You'll be there. An extra hundo or a meal at the steak house?

I think he's overrated, and he showed nerves at the Mosconi Cup. Yeah.. So he double dipped Shaw in some tourney in Europe somewhere. On non-Diamond tables, right?

And got his nuts shot in by Shaw on a 9 foot Diamond on Facebook stream.

He's a great player in the way that Dennis Hatch is a great player. But not in the way that Shane, Orcollo, and Pagulayan are great players.

I like my chances.

Short Bus Russ

Obviously, he's not in Shaw's league quite yet, but Shaw's the best right now, so neither is anyone else (possibly excepting JL Chang).

Still, he's the most impressive 18 year old player that has come along in a long, long time. He's already won a premier WPA Event, the China Open, an event with a field that might be tougher than that of the US Open 9-ball, and I'd guess he's a future world 9-ball champion.

I don't customarily bet, Russ, but would love to buy you a meal during the Derby if you drop by my seat (which is TV-VIP Seat 18) and say hi.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Obviously, he's not in Shaw's league quite yet, but Shaw's the best right now, so neither is anyone else (possibly excepting JL Chang).

Still, he's the most impressive 18 year old player that has come along in a long, long time. He's already won a premier WPA Event, the China Open, an event with a field that might be tougher than that of the US Open 9-ball, and I'd guess he's a future world 9-ball champion.

I don't customarily bet, Russ, but would love to buy you a meal during the Derby if you drop by my seat (which is TV-VIP Seat 18) and say hi.

I got seats 3-4 in the Action Room, see you there, buddy..

Short Bus Russ

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I got seats 3-4 in the Action Room, see you there, buddy..

Short Bus Russ

Is that real? Are there assigned seats in the action room? I don't generally spend any time there. If it's just a joke that went over my head, you need to find me in the tournament arena in TV-VIP Seat 18. Hope to see you at the Derby. Safe travels, Russ.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well then slap leather, gunslinger.. Don't think about it too hard, lol..

You gonna be at Derby?

Short Bus Russ
I just can't make i this year, but hope to sometime soon. All our cooks here at the poolroom / grill are avid pool players and I'd love to take them all one year at least for 2-3 days, but then we'd have to close down the business - which I can't afford to!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
No bet. You picked the 6 weakest players in the field, from a combined fundamentals/current play perspective. Show some heart. I am already taking a bit of the worst of it, considering he's the new wunderkind.

Isn't the Big foot challenge single elimination? If so, I am basically saying he won't win more than one match, so I am already taking the worst of it if he gets an easy draw..

Again, show some heart. Take the bet as is or leave it. Or... bet he goes further than any of the actual great players in the field, since according to the grapevine, he is in the same league as.

Sorry.. If he beats someone over in Asia or Europe on some kind of bucket table, big whoop. He's about to come play on the real deal at Derby, let's see how he does when the tables get a little wear on them, he's not racing to 5 like at the Mosconi, and he's not playing players who miss 9 balls (like at the Mosconi Cup).

Short Bus Russ

I'll take the Filipino players over the Europeans (including the Russian) to see who goes furthest in the tourney. Bet up to 500.
I also made a line on the Bigfoot in the Action room.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Is that real? Are there assigned seats in the action room? I don't generally spend any time there. If it's just a joke that went over my head, you need to find me in the tournament arena in TV-VIP Seat 18. Hope to see you at the Derby. Safe travels, Russ.

Big Truck is selling assigned seats in the action room this year similar to what is done in the TV arena.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Per their 12/21 post on Facebook:

The 2018 Bigfoot Challenge Players:

1) Jayson Shaw
2) Fedor Gorst
3) Joshua Filler
4) Alex Pagulayan
5) Shane Van Boening
6) Dennis Orcollo
7) Skyler Woodward
8) Ruslan Chinakov
9) Roberto Gomez
10) John Morra
11) Lee Vann Corteza
12) Mika Immonen
13) Ronnie Alcano
14) Dennis Hatch
15) Corey Deuel
16) Konrad Juszczyszyn
No Kaci?? Ought to speed-up the event by at least a day. ;)

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

1) Jayson Shaw
2) Fedor Gorst
3) Joshua Filler
4) Alex Pagulayan
5) Shane Van Boening
6) Dennis Orcollo
7) Skyler Woodward
8) Ruslan Chinakov
9) Roberto Gomez
10) John Morra
11) Lee Vann Corteza
12) Mika Immonen
13) Ronnie Alcano
14) Dennis Hatch
15) Corey Deuel
16) Konrad Juszczyszyn

Thanks, appreciated. Jerry

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd like to bet that Joshua Filler doesn't make top 4, if anyone wants to bet on it...

Short Bus Russ

Who do you want in a "go further" in the event(you can,t have shaw,shane ,or orcull or pagulayan.. Pick another player for 100. Please also pm me to remind me of bet if you take it,respond today. (And by the way,i didn,t like his antics at mosconi cup, but i like him as a player.) let me know bud.

Last edited:

jayburger

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I,m definately giving you the best of it here. Your pick of 11 players,against filler for 100,go further. Let me know today,and this is for russ only.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I'll take the Filipino players over the Europeans (including the Russian) to see who goes furthest in the tourney. Bet up to 500.
I also made a line on the Bigfoot in the Action room.

I'll take $200 of that. Winner gets full amount. Is Alex a Filipino or Canadian? There was a problem with this before that's why I ask.
Jason

Edit: just so we're clear, please post both of our "teams" when you reply so there's no doubt.
Thank you

Last edited:

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'll take $200 of that. Winner gets full amount. Is Alex a Filipino or Canadian? There was a problem with this before that's why I ask.
Jason

Edit: just so we're clear, please post both of our "teams" when you reply so there's no doubt.
Thank you

I've got Alex, Dennis O., Lee Vann, Gomez, Alcano and DeLuna.
You've got Jayson, Gorst, Filler, Chinakov, Mika and Konrad J.
We each have six players. It's the player that goes furthest in the event, not necessarily the winner if someone Like Shane wins.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
We each have six players. It's the player that goes furthest in the event, not necessarily the winner if someone Like Shane wins.

You got it. GL
Jason

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

1) Jayson Shaw
2) Fedor Gorst
3) Joshua Filler
4) Alex Pagulayan
5) Shane Van Boening
6) Dennis Orcollo
7) Skyler Woodward
8) Ruslan Chinakov
9) Roberto Gomez
10) John Morra
11) Lee Vann Corteza
12) Mika Immonen
13) Ronnie Alcano
14) Dennis Hatch
15) Corey Deuel
16) Konrad Juszczyszyn

This field is abominable....:eek:

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jay,

I’ll take the Euros/Russians for 100.