big foot challenge at dcc

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
What day is the bigfoot on? ...

Not sure.

In recent years the Bigfoot has been played the first 4 days of the DCC. And schedules for this year on the DCC website and on Facebook have shown a Friday Jan. 19 item of "DIAMOND Bigfoot 10-Ball Challenge TBD," where I think the TBD referred to the time.

But an "AzB Staff" news release on the front page today says "January 20th - Bigfoot 10-Ball Challenge Starts."

So I don't know whether it starts on Friday or Saturday. [But it's scheduled to end on Monday.]

Joe_Jaguar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure.

In recent years the Bigfoot has been played the first 4 days of the DCC. And schedules for this year on the DCC website and on Facebook have shown a Friday Jan. 19 item of "DIAMOND Bigfoot 10-Ball Challenge TBD," where I think the TBD referred to the time.

But an "AzB Staff" news release on the front page today says "January 20th - Bigfoot 10-Ball Challenge Starts."

So I don't know whether it starts on Friday or Saturday. [But it's scheduled to end on Monday.]

If that schedule is correct in the news release it will be interesting to see if Accu-Stats actually shows the Banks on that Friday. They going to start with a 9 footer, then move in a 10 footer for 3 days, and then move a 9 footer back in?

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
If that schedule is correct in the news release it will be interesting to see if Accu-Stats actually shows the Banks on that Friday. They going to start with a 9 footer, then move in a 10 footer for 3 days, and then move a 9 footer back in?

That's exactly why I doubt that schedule. I doubt they are going to be switching the tables out back and forth.

wrickyb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hope this clarifies things for everyone. Direct from the Bigfoot Tournament Director Steve McDonald:

Hello 2018 Derby City Classic Bigfoot 10-Ball Challenge Players and Backers.

Just wanted to let you know I am planning to do the draw and players meeting at the Bigfoot table in the TV arena on Thursday evening January 18th at about 8:00pm.

**The scheduled match times will be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 1:00pm, 3:30pm, 7:00pm, 9:30pm.

**On finals day, Monday, match times will be 2:00pm, 4:30pm, 9:00pm.

Your play time will depend on the Draw, as we only have one 10 foot table.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hope this clarifies things for everyone. Direct from the Bigfoot Tournament Director Steve McDonald:

Hello 2018 Derby City Classic Bigfoot 10-Ball Challenge Players and Backers.

Just wanted to let you know I am planning to do the draw and players meeting at the Bigfoot table in the TV arena on Thursday evening January 18th at about 8:00pm.

**The scheduled match times will be Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at 1:00pm, 3:30pm, 7:00pm, 9:30pm.

**On finals day, Monday, match times will be 2:00pm, 4:30pm, 9:00pm.

Your play time will depend on the Draw, as we only have one 10 foot table.

Good to know; thanks.

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I'd like to bet that Joshua Filler doesn't make top 4, if anyone wants to bet on it...

Short Bus Russ

Dead money is like, what, 33% to win any given match? So I'll take 4:1 and bet on Filler making the top 4. I'll bet upto $100.

If he were even with the field it'd be 3:1 so maybe I need more then 4:1 but I'll gamble a little for $100.

Regards, Dave

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Dead money is like, what, 33% to win any given match? So I'll take 4:1 and bet on Filler making the top 4. I'll bet upto $100.

If he were even with the field it'd be 3:1 so maybe I need more then 4:1 but I'll gamble a little for $100.

Regards, Dave

You'll take 1:1 if you wanna bet with ME... It's a 16 man tournament, for Christ's sake.

Someone else might be a sucker and give you 4:1, as he is supposedly the new SVB/Orcollo, according to everyone fawning over him.

Short Bus Russ

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
Lol. If you just want to bash on Filler show some balls and do it. Don't try and dress it up like some completely daft bet offer.

Call someone dead money and then offer 1:1 against that player winning 2 in a row....yeah that really is putting your money where your mouth is:banghead:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Lol. If you just want to bash on Filler show some balls and do it. Don't try and dress it up like some completely daft bet offer.

Call someone dead money and then offer 1:1 against that player winning 2 in a row....yeah that really is putting your money where your mouth is:banghead:

You can try barking me into a bad bet all you want, it won't work. He absolutely IS dead money to win this event. And I WILL give 2-1 on THAT.

He is NOT dead money to win two matches. BUT, I do not feel he is the favorite to, with this field.

But I'm not fooking suicidal enough to give 2-1 against it, though. How'd you like some 6-5 action against him winning two matches?

Yeah... Didn't think so. Nobody else thinks he's anywhere NEAR one of the favourites in this field, which is why I only have nits trying to get massive odds against him winning two whole matches, when he's supposedly the second coming of Christ, according to some.

Short Bus Russ

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
You can try barking me into a bad bet all you want, it won't work. He absolutely IS dead money to win this event. And I WILL give 2-1 on THAT.

He is NOT dead money to win two matches. BUT, I do not feel he is the favorite to, with this field.

But I'm not fooking suicidal enough to give 2-1 against it, though. How'd you like some 6-5 action against him winning two matches?

Yeah... Didn't think so. Nobody else thinks he's anywhere NEAR one of the favourites in this field, which is why I only have nits trying to get massive odds against him winning two whole matches, when he's supposedly the second coming of Christ, according to some.

Short Bus Russ

I'm not barking at you (well maybe I am) but mostly I am trying to show you how far out of line your betting lines are compared to how you speak of Filler. I quote:"Joshua Filler is absolutely dead money in this field. Short Bus Russ".

If all 16 players were exactly evenly matched anyone of them is 3:1 to win 2 matches. You're telling us Filler is absolutely dead money and then offer a 1:1 betting line. That's just plain silly, obviously absolutely dead money means his odds are much worse then 3:1.

So either Filler is not absolutely dead money in this field and you were just bashing Filler or we have a bet @3:1? My 100 to your 300. Can't have it both ways.

As to you line of 2:1 against him winning this event.....lol. For that line to be correct Filler needs to be an ~85% favorite against the average opponent. Your betting lines are telling you think Filler is a considerable favorite over the average opponent but you keep calling him dead money.

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Da ve and Russ.....why don't you guys take this money and buy Konrad Juszczyczyszyn a couple of freakin' vowels[/INDENT]

Get_A_Grip

Truth Will Set You Free
Silver Member
I'm not barking at you (well maybe I am) but mostly I am trying to show you how far out of line your betting lines are compared to how you speak of Filler. I quote:"Joshua Filler is absolutely dead money in this field. Short Bus Russ".

If all 16 players were exactly evenly matched anyone of them is 3:1 to win 2 matches. You're telling us Filler is absolutely dead money and then offer a 1:1 betting line. That's just plain silly, obviously absolutely dead money means his odds are much worse then 3:1.

So either Filler is not absolutely dead money in this field and you were just bashing Filler or we have a bet @3:1? My 100 to your 300. Can't have it both ways.

As to you line of 2:1 against him winning this event.....lol. For that line to be correct Filler needs to be an ~85% favorite against the average opponent. Your betting lines are telling you think Filler is a considerable favorite over the average opponent but you keep calling him dead money.
I would have to agree with you. No way is Filler dead money. If anyone would have watched his race to 50 versus Shaw, you would have seen that Filler didn't necessarily play "bad" -- but Shaw didn't give him hardly any looks at a shot at all. I don't think any other pro could have beaten Shaw the way he ran through those last 20 or so racks.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
I would have to agree with you. No way is Filler dead money. If anyone would have watched his race to 50 versus Shaw, you would have seen that Filler didn't necessarily play "bad" -- but Shaw didn't give him hardly any looks at a shot at all. I don't think any other pro could have beaten Shaw the way he ran through those last 20 or so racks.

Shhhhh. Don't tell Short Bus - he thinks the score tells the tale.
Jason

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member

Short Bus Russ

I've got Filler at 6-1 to win the Bigfoot in the Action Room. Come and get some!

TheMarsMan

Nice Gun!
Silver Member

Short Bus Russ

Pick anyone besides Shane and Shaw and I will bet you even money they don't make the final four.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the accustats video of Efren winning it a few years ago. Efren gets an A+ for adaptability.

They held the 14.1 event on the 10 foot a few years ago and only one player ran 100 on that table. I think it was Pettiman. Definitely a challenge.

Last edited:

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Regards, Dave

Dude. 4/1. Lol

Last edited:

JohnnyOzone

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the accustats video of Efren winning it a few years ago. Efren gets an A+ for adaptability.

The held the 14.1 event on the 10 foot a few years ago and only one player ran 100 on that table. I think it was Pettiman. Definitely a challenge.

Stuart Pettman....and he did it twice