Billiards Manual - Three Cushion Vol. 1

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Got the Book today. Paul sent it out friday. Look very well written and tons of info. Quess i'll be doing some reading tonight. Thank Paul

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
Hi,

wondering a bit- when i started with billiards, i wanted to read EACH book i was able to get into my fingers. and then later i could discuss about it if it was worth or not. makes not really sense to ask always *is this good* *is this bad*. For an absolute beginner i would agree here, but not for a billard-o-holic who s already a bit advanced :)

Read yourself and think about it- thinking is not bad in billiards ^^ (no matter if 3c or pool)

lg
Ingo

3kushn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My 2cents
I own many books on 3C and all of them have given me some insight. Each one has a gem or 2 or more.

As far as learning strictly from playing I feel is the lonnnnng road. Not many can remember exactly the setup that was missed in a game and few have the patience to setup shots and hit them with all the variations. In fact with out instruction and or books we probably won't ever learn all the variations for a shot. These are the little gems you find in books or instruction.

I bought the Billiard Manual as soon as I heard about it and have no regrets; in fact it is one of the better books I own. Is it the best? Who knows. I will be reading it more than once as I do with all my 3C books. here's a lot of info in this book some of which is new and some forgotten.

A

Alfred

I want to know when and if Volume 2 is going to be translated. That one seems to have some chapters on the mental part of the game. Lord knows I need help there! J
Hi guys,
translation of the second Volume was part of my contract with the publisher. However, I don't know whether I have it in me to fulfill our contract.
The first Volume took me about 2 years, and was more or less a labor of love. Gerd Hüpper and I discussed many technical details before I put it to print. We got to know each other on a personal level, and I regret not ever having met in person. He is a prince of a man. Gerd was not as ill as he is now, and has not emailed in a while.
I am 71 now, and Gerd is 82. Time waits for no man!

Last edited:

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi guys,
translation of the second Volume was part of my contract with the publisher. However, I don't know whether I have it in me to fulfill our contract.
The first Volume took me about 2 years, and was more or less a labor of love. Gerd Hüpper and I discussed many technical details before I put it to print. We got to know each other on a personal level, and I regret not ever having met in person. He is a prince of a man. Gerd was not as ill as he is now, and I has not emailed in a while.
I am 71 now, and Gerd is 82. Time waits for no man.

Alfred. Welcome to AZBilliards forum. And may I say you did a great job on translationof the book !!

Bruce Warner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alfred, you have done a great service for all English speaking carom players in translating the first volume of this book, and I do hope you will be able to do the second volume as well. Many thanks for this and for doing such a great job.

A

Alfred

Thank you very much!
Your appreciation is my reward.

Last edited: