Bonified Honest Aiming System You Need

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I am here to apologize to everyone on the "aiming section". At first, I thought I could save people some time with their aiming, but I realize that was foolish and stupid of me. I am out of the "aiming section" for good this time, not like before. Someone added; "there is nothing for me to add here" and I agree. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

This above is now copied and pasted for a future post of yours in the aiming section.

Shouldn't be too far in the near future.

That having been said, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am here to apologize to everyone on the "aiming section". At first, I thought I could save people some time with their aiming, but I realize that was foolish and stupid of me. I am out of the "aiming section" for good this time, not like before. Someone added; "there is nothing for me to add here" and I agree. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas !

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Why make it so all or nothing? You didn't come at things to attempt to add. Your approach was to attack what exists. Significant difference.

Just on this thread, there are multiple people that really know a ton about pool and aiming. In general, I'd rather listen to them and learn versus arguing with them. You don't necessarily have to scrap what you already know, you just add bits and pieces from what they share. Spider has spent considerable time with some of the greatest minds in the game of pool. Hal, Stan and Ron are freaking legends not to mention Hopkins who is one of the all time great players.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

See, you don't have to go away, you just need to work on coexisting. A forum, by definition, is a group of people exchanging ideas. Not beating them over the head.

Merry Christmas!

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
See, you don't have to go away, you just need to work on coexisting. A forum, by definition, is a group of people exchanging ideas. Not beating them over the head.

Merry Christmas!

Shhhhhhhh! He might take you up on it. Good Lord.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If we could pool our resources and figure out a way to monitor someone's brain activity -- I would be willing to try a non pro-player some if they were willing to actually pick 1 of 5 portions of the pocket on every shot. (That's as close to a John Barton move as I can muster).

I just can't even fathom playing like this. It would wear me out after just a rack or two. I think the need to cheat the pocket has been overstated in this thread or maybe it's just such an ingrained part of the game that it's not something more experienced players give much thought.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just now made this video. https://youtu.be/-xe85bu_goQ. My video camera is buzzing a little, guess I forgot to set the focus manual. My A player will be here in about an hour and I'll film that.

Excellent out. Pulled off some great shape shots. You are obviously coming along at a rapid pace despite having only played 2.5 years in the last 20 or 30. Great job.

You just can't expect other players to do things exactly like you are learning to do things, regardless of whether or not you or anyone else believes it's a better way to do it. I split the the pocket into 3 portions occasionally when I have to, as a last resort if there's no other way to get on the next ball. But I typically prefer to just make the current shot and get to correct side of the next shot without worrying about pinpoint precision shape. A half inch off on the perfect CB path, or a touch too thin or thick shooting at the outer limits of pocket, can be disastrous. I like to avoid any chance of disaster.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Excellent out. Pulled off some great shape shots. You are obviously coming along at a rapid pace despite having only played 2.5 years in the last 20 or 30. Great job.

You just can't expect other players to do things exactly like you are learning to do things, regardless of whether or not you or anyone else believes it's a better way to do it. I split the the pocket into 3 portions occasionally when I have to, as a last resort if there's no other way to get on the next ball. But I typically prefer to just make the current shot and get to correct side of the next shot without worrying about pinpoint precision shape. A half inch off on the perfect CB path, or a touch too thin or thick shooting at the outer limits of pocket, can be disastrous. I like to avoid any chance of disaster.
BRIAN
i agree 100%
a voice of reason in an unreasonable world...:grin:
especially for rotation games
you need pinpoint precision for straight pool /one pocket/3 cushion billiards
at least in 3c billiards you dont have to pocket a ball.
so there are no aiming flame wars..:rotflmao:
just systems vs feel,,,:rolleyes:
sounds familiar...:D

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just now made this video. https://youtu.be/-xe85bu_goQ. My video camera is buzzing a little, guess I forgot to set the focus manual. My A player will be here in about an hour and I'll film that.

Magic rack, Soft break. All the balls at one end of the table. Nice shot on the one but i'd be more of a believer if you drew your position lines out in advance. After all the 2 to the 3 was pretty weak but you got a nice roll. No need to even bump that other ball

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Magic rack, Soft break. All the balls at one end of the table. Nice shot on the one but i'd be more of a believer if you drew your position lines out in advance. After all the 2 to the 3 was pretty weak but you got a nice roll. No need to even bump that other ball

corey duell uses the soft break when allowed
the 1 to the 2 was pretty sporty to me
yeah he was alittle off on the 2 to 3 and got a roll
but he made 9 balls in a row and doesnt use cte....:eek:.....:D
just sayin....:thumbup:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
corey duell uses the soft break when allowed
the 1 to the 2 was pretty sporty to me
yeah he was alittle off on the 2 to 3 and got a roll
but he made 9 balls in a row and doesnt use cte....:eek:.....:D
just sayin....:thumbup:

Yes the 1 to the 2 was pretty good but was that truly his intended path or did he get lucky like he did from the 2 to the 3 ? The rest of the table was fairly easy with everything on one side

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yes the 1 to the 2 was pretty good but was that truly his intended path or did he get lucky like he did from the 2 to the 3 ? The rest of the table was fairly easy with everything on one side
i guess only denwit can answer that question

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

To intend a exact path from the 1 to the 2 from that position is high level imo because of the coefficient's involved, including how a particular table is playing that hour or day or in general. The shot requirement is what I call against the grain. Easy to be inconsistent and I believe would be more consistent or higher level of execution to set up for more of a downhill cut on the 2, which helps the case for the 3 to the 4. Not a easy out and I don't like the way it was all executed but he did get out and if I were the guy in the chair, I would feel pretty abused when having to shake a man's hand and say, good game, go fk yourself. :)

I don't care either way, but what I found interesting, is the concept of what I call "value" in practice. From the 4 to the 5, I would have floated the cb above the 5 instead of the short side.

Just my opinion. Happy holidays.