China Open 2013 updates

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sorry, the article started with mentioning "back to back wins in the 2013 china 9-ball open", so i assumed it was this year's event.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
The once mighty American players have just about dropped off the map on the International pool scene. God Bless Hunter, Oscar and Brandon but I remember the days when Sigel, Strickland, Mizerak, Varner, Rempe and Hopkins ruled the roost worldwide!

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
The once mighty American players have just about dropped off the map on the International pool scene. God Bless Hunter, Oscar and Brandon but I remember the days when Sigel, Strickland, Mizerak, Varner, Rempe and Hopkins ruled the roost worldwide!

And I remember when most players from other countries were not much more than shortstops :wink:. Johnnyt

dougster26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The matches on you tube are really great. The color, camera work, close ups all make it worthwhile to watch.

I wish I understood Chinese. That's the only bad part not understanding the commentators. I mute the sound. Now I know how it was during the silent film era.

poolnoob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The matches on you tube are really great. The color, camera work, close ups all make it worthwhile to watch.

I wish I understood Chinese. That's the only bad part not understanding the commentators. I mute the sound. Now I know how it was during the silent film era.

You really are missing out a lot, the commentary are really good .
Wish there would be google translate for audio soon huh

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Sorry gang, Marlon was a little overzealous with his writing this year. That article was based on 2012 brackets.

Mike

sorry, the article started with mentioning "back to back wins in the 2013 china 9-ball open", so i assumed it was this year's event.

ctran

You watch me.
Silver Member
I wonder why Mika isn't playing

He may attend other event, or he may not get through qualification round. Fyi, qualification round over 4days (12-15) is very hard, players must play non stop single elimination from morning to midnight to qualify, if they got eliminated they could register for next day qualification with same intensity. At least at group round they play double elimination and have time for some rest.