Silver Member
Nice runout by Neils, Wu answers back with one of his own.......7-1

Last edited:

heyjoe

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Get it from the source

You can follow the China Open via the WPA China Open Facebook page. WPA press officer Ted Lerner...that's me...is right on the floor and updating every two and a half seconds. Just what every pool junkie needs.

http://www.facebook.com/WpaChinaOpen

We also have our live scoring going on the WPA website

http://wpapool.com/web/index.asp?id=131&pagetype=live_scoring&eventid=157

Here are results from the 1st two rounds on Day 1, Mens division. Two more rounds to go after the dinner break.

Tables are playing lightning fast, pockets are playing large. All this means this is one tough mother to win. Should be fun as we pick up some steam.

Group A
ChangJung Lin(TPE) 9 - 3 SHAW So(IRI)
Zhu Hongming (TPE) 9 - 3. AL SHAHEEN Omar (KUW)
Zhu Xihe (CHN) 9 – 6 HAN Haoxiang (CHN)
Xu Kailun(TPE) 9 – 6 OI Naoyuki (JPN)

Group B
Nguyen Ann Tuan(VIE) 9 – 8 Yukio Akagariyama(JPN)
Bashar Hussein(UAE) 9 – 8 Mohammed Ahmad Al-Bin Ali(QAT)
Seungwoo Ryu(KOR) 9 – 8 Phil Burford(GBR)
Ke Bign Zhong(TPE) 9 – 7 Thorsten Hohmann(GER)

Group C
Fu Che Wei(TPE) 9 – 6 Sharik Aslam Sayed(SIN)
Dang Jinhu(CHN) 9 – 6 Fu Jianbo(CHN)
Kenny Kwok(HKG) 9 - 3 Rafath Habib(IND)
Alex Pagulayan(CAN) 9 - 5 Karl Boyes(GBR)

Group D
Li Hewen(CHN) 9 – 8 Carlo Biado(PHL)
John Morra(CAN) 9 – 8 Zhou Long(CHN)
Afrinneza Isral Nasution(IND) 9 -7 Oscar Dominguez(USA)
Jeffrey De Luna(PHL) 9 – 5 Chris Melling(GBR)

Group E
Darren Appleton(GBR) 9 - 5 Jalal Yousef(VEN)
Wang Can(CHN) 9 -1 Cristian Tuvi(URU)
Wu Jiaqing(CHN) 9 – 4 Niels Feijen(NED)
Nick Ekonomopoulos(GRE) 9 – 8 Nick Van Den Berg(NED)

Group F
Ko Pin Yi(TPE) 9 – 4 Chu Bingjie(CHN)
Johann Chua(PHL) 9 – 3 Zeng Zhaodong(CHN)
Do The Kien(VIE) 9 - 1 Tursaikhan Amarjargal
Lee Van Corteza(PHL) 9 - 6 Nick Malai(ALB)

Women's Side
Top seeds in each group have a bye in the first round.

Group A
Kelly Fisher(GBR)
Liu Jia(CHN) 7 – 2 Xia Yuying(CHN)
Chichiro Kawahara(JPN) 7 – 5 Karen Corr(IRL) vs.
Pan Xiaoting(CHN)

Group B
Tan Ho Yun(TPE)
Chan Ya Ting(TPE) 7 - 4 Hyun Ji Won(KOR)
Yang Fan(CHN) 7 – 1 Doan Thi Ngoc Le(VIE)
Lin Yuanjun(TPE)

Group C
Liu Shasha(CHN)
Gao Meng(CHN)
Ma’sum Fathrah(IND)
Wei Tzu Chien(TPE) 7 – 3 Angeline Magdalena Ticoalu(RSA)
Chen Xue(CHN)

Group D
Yu Ram Cha(KOR)
Eunji Park(KOR) 7 – 2 Brittany Bryant(CAN)
Allison Fisher(GBR) 7 – 1 Carlynn Sanchez(VEN)
Ga Young Kim(KOR)

lukemindish

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Xiaoting Pan is playing on the first stream right now. Such a beautiful thing to watch:thumbup:

vagabond

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Darren Appleton won his first round match. It seems that the table cloth is a different breed and it is extremely difficult to control the speed of the balls/cue ball. Lighting for the tables is very poor..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
They're playing on speedways these days! Kind of a shame. I remember when a player had to be able to move the cue ball around the table with his stroke. A thing of the past now with the billiard cloth they play on. It's like playing on ice.

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
They're playing on speedways these days! Kind of a shame. I remember when a player had to be able to move the cue ball around the table with his stroke. A thing of the past now with the billiard cloth they play on. It's like playing on ice.

I agree and when you only have to poke the CB around the table it's a lot easier on the shot making. Total different game today. Johnnyt

Masayoshi

Fusenshou no Masa
Silver Member
I actually think fast cloth is more difficult. Sure, you have to have a lot of power if you want to move the ball around on slow cloth, but good players are good enough with keeping angles that they rarely have to use more power than they are comfortable with even on extremely slow cloth and slow cloth gives you quite a bit more room for error in terms of speed control.

Good players love to hit the ball firm. It eliminates contact throw and lets you stroke confidently. Fast cloth puts players out of their comfort zone because some shots MUST be hit soft. This in turn makes the game a little more unpredictable and allows those who can predict what will happen to stand out a little bit.

dannylee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I actually think fast cloth is more difficult. Sure, you have to have a lot of power if you want to move the ball around on slow cloth, but good players are good enough with keeping angles that they rarely have to use more power than they are comfortable with even on extremely slow cloth and slow cloth gives you quite a bit more room for error in terms of speed control.

Good players love to hit the ball firm. It eliminates contact throw and lets you stroke confidently. Fast cloth puts players out of their comfort zone because some shots MUST be hit soft. This in turn makes the game a little more unpredictable and allows those who can predict what will happen to stand out a little bit.

For sure, agree 100%

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

got to disagree, nothing personal.

i been playin 30 years 28 in pool rooms, i have a stroke from having to need one, piyyt pat pool aint for me. just like quitting winners lol

still great there is a big tourney

gascoigne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does this mean Wu Chia Ching will play Darren Appleton? They are my 2 favourite players! The match-up I have been looking forward to for ages

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does this mean Wu Chia Ching will play Darren Appleton? They are my 2 favourite players! The match-up I have been looking forward to for ages

Don't think so. Looks like they are both through on the winners side of that group and will go to the knockout rounds next. Will not play each other in the group rounds.