Coming up on TAR??? OMGWTF vs Mary Avina??

Bring it on?

• Yes, let's get this on TAR!!!

Votes: 118 45.2%
  • Mary will win

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • OMGWTF will win

Votes: 81 31.0%
  • Watch women's pool? I'd rather read a book

Votes: 45 17.2%

• Total voters

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Something for Mary to chew on

Us pool playing folk make for a tough crowd! You did a lot of woofing and putting yourself out there

dog woof.jpg

and BAM! Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

As I see it though, it's an opportunity! Hey, even if you lose, as long as you show class, heart and dignity -you'll get a helluva lot of good exposure and experience in this crazy industry!

Good luck making an overwhelmingly difficult and monumental decision that could affect everything from here on out. ;)

Now are you

Chuck-Norris-scares-the-Boogeyman.jpg

or are you

Scared chicken.jpg

demonrho

Registered Amuser
Silver Member
...Should Mary accept the challenge from OMGWTF? And who do you think will win such a match?...

I saw both of them play in a recent tournament. OMGWTF is a much more seasoned player. Mary looks to have the beginnings of a nice stroke and should eventually develop into a fairly decent player. I'm afraid all this premature exposure might not be that good for her game.

sunnyday

Ima Gangsta Bunny!
Silver Member
I saw both of them play in a recent tournament. OMGWTF is a much more seasoned player. Mary looks to have the beginnings of a nice stroke and should eventually develop into a fairly decent player. I'm afraid all this premature exposure might not be that good for her game.

I thought she was some famous trick shot artist and she says she practice 9 ball on a snooker table. That people buy posters of her playing pool.... What do you mean she's just a beginner?

What happened?

S.

billiardshot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Silent is a Deadly Killer. A Simple Yes or No will do Mary Avina!

Maybe Justin [JCIN] can enlited us more about Mary Avina, as he the one who told her about the AZ post and picture worth a 1000 words.

tar.jpg

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
High Roll

I think Mary is in caucus with her backers and is preparing to high roll OMGWTF.

I'm thinking that when Mary does post it will rock OMGWTF back on her (high) heels and send AZ reeling with anticipation.

I can't wait.

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If

If this ever comes to pass they ought to get Joe Rogan to do the commentary.. He is a professional commentator, loves pool and may be able to get some more notice for pool in the process. Of course he may be unable to because of contractual obligations, but it would be cool if he could...
Dan

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
sad ending?

I pm'd Mary about this. I won't breach much of the respect of "private" from a PM, but I'll share a little.

She claims to me she won't respond and will instead ignore it. :ignore: That if it had been more "respectful and serious" she would have responded, but that it was "messy and non cool."

She said she'd rather play Bartram because he was nice (one door closes another opens Chris ;) ). BUT, that she had no illusion as to her game being anywhere near pro level and she's just beginning.

I can see why she would feel this way, but I was hoping she'd have thick skin and fire back -even if her speed vs omgwtf dictated some weight was in order. A-las, she's apparently not into talking smack and this opportunity looks to fall to the nay-side. :sad:

Oh well, we tried. Off into the sunset another one goes. It's a tough go, this billiards thing. :eek:

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's a tough go, this billiards thing. :eek:

The problem is it's not a "billiards thing". It's a forum thing. I haven't been terribly fond of Mary Avina's self promotion either but if OMGWTF was looking for a money-game, she could have PM'd her. By calling her out in a public forum, it's no longer about money. It's about live streaming, polls, smack-talking threads. I can understand why a lot of players who would be happy to bet it up would shy away from it.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I pm'd Mary about this. I won't breach much of the respect of "private" from a PM, but I'll share a little.

She claims to me she won't respond and will instead ignore it. :ignore: That if it had been more "respectful and serious" she would have responded, but that it was "messy and non cool."

She said she'd rather play Bartram because he was nice (one door closes another opens Chris ;) ). BUT, that she had no illusion as to her game being anywhere near pro level and she's just beginning.

I can see why she would feel this way, but I was hoping she'd have thick skin and fire back -even if her speed vs omgwtf dictated some weight was in order. A-las, she's apparently not into talking smack and this opportunity looks to fall to the nay-side. :sad:

Oh well, we tried. Off into the sunset another one goes. It's a tough go, this billiards thing. :eek:

Hey, not to argue with Mary through you, but it seemed that OMGWTF's post was VERY serious and I guess I missed the dis.

Thanks

Kevin

Russ Chewning

Short Bus Russ - C player
Silver Member
Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your pool game go? With banking balls and long shots that fall, indeed you are quite the player. But now a challenge has come for a healthy little sum, will you step up to the plate or decide to take a break?

D'ohhh.

Russ

P.S. And showing my customary knack for being tactlessly blunt... I checked out the Myspace page...And Mary seems to be quite plain to me. YMMV.

Last edited:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Calling someone out in a public forum is a good way to lose your fish and it's inherently a dis.

Ahhh, it's one of those inherent disses.

When Keith wore that "I give the world the 8" tee shirt was he dissing the world? Or is that a t-shirts are less inherent than internet forums thing?

Thanks

Kevin

Last edited:

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Calling someone out in a public forum is a good way to lose your fish and it's inherently a dis.

It's also a good way to get an opponent to play for $10,000 or more on TAR. It worked for Bartram, Harrimam, Schmidt, Appleton and more recently Donny Mills.