Coming up on TAR??? OMGWTF vs Mary Avina??

Bring it on?

• Yes, let's get this on TAR!!!

Votes: 118 45.2%
  • Mary will win

Votes: 17 6.5%
  • OMGWTF will win

Votes: 81 31.0%
  • Watch women's pool? I'd rather read a book

Votes: 45 17.2%

• Total voters

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Tip tappers!!!! My favorite thing to talk about!!!!

For the record, no offense, this Mary woman isn't that hot...definitely not hot enough for 4 pages of forum goodness. I'd rather post about tip tappers.

It's george works pretty good, whats your favorite Mikey? lmao

mm4pool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the record, no offense, this Mary woman isn't that hot...definitely not hot enough for 4 pages of forum goodness. I'd rather post about tip tappers.

This gets my vote, sorry but she just isn't that hot.

Mike

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
Sure this Mary chick has done some self-promoting and enjoyed the attention (who wouldn't?) but to her credit, she has been nothing but nice to everyone on here... maybe she hasn't replied to any call-outs because she's just too smart to take the bait? Why does she automatically have to be scared? Bullying doesn't work with people who aren't afraid...

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
This gets my vote, sorry but she just isn't that hot.

Mike

What makes Mary attractive is her friendliness and her ability to talk to guys without them getting their frail male egos in a bunch. :grin:

Add in her well-rounded interests and she becomes even more attractive.

Give her a break. :frown:

She didn't say she was hot. It's the forum members that are saying that.

Mary seems like a nice person all the way around.

JoeyA

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do I want that kind of attention? No way. OMGWTF walks into the pool hall I'm in I run the other way for fear she'll call me out. However, I also don't post pics of myself in a short skirt leaning back to hit an imaginary masse' shot, so you asking me if I'm seeking attention might be a little off the mark. I also didn't post that I have backers (I don't) and that I'm ready to gamble (I'm not).

Thanks

Kevin

K-Brew,

You know that I will back you anytime you want.

I've never seen you play better than you are right now.

:smile:

Russ.....

branpureza

Ginacue
Silver Member
She didn't say she was hot. It's the forum members that are saying that.

Mary seems like a nice person all the way around.

JoeyA

I agree, good post JoeyA... if you don't find someone attractive keep it to yourself. Why would you want to hurt someone's feelings like that?

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member
Sure this Mary chick has done some self-promoting and enjoyed the attention (who wouldn't?) but to her credit, she has been nothing but nice to everyone on here... maybe she hasn't replied to any call-outs because she's just too smart to take the bait? Why does she automatically have to be scared? Bullying doesn't work with people who aren't afraid...

That's all part of it. No response, you gotta dig at 'em a little (scared). You want someone to play you, little pokes here and there is typically the way it's done.

This whole thing kind of reminds me (I'm gonna get HAMMERED for this) of a few girls in a bar (or whatever) that see another girl walk in and get a little attention, so they immediately start tearing her down.

Ok, I said what some others may have been thinking too, but I'll take the hit...flame away.

BTW, I'd watch, and if I had to put a little something on it, my money's on OMG.

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
K-Brew,

You know that I will back you anytime you want.

I've never seen you play better than you are right now.

:smile:

Russ.....

Russell

Bring barrels of cash, as you know that line of people willing to gamble with me goes out the door and around the block.

Thanks

Kevin

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I agree, good post JoeyA... if you don't find someone attractive keep it to yourself. Why would you want to hurt someone's feelings like that?

I agree with both of you, if she made a post saying she was the hottest and whatnot I could understand but its been some people who like her cuteness and personality. Women are naturally threatened by other attractive females, perhaps that is what is going on here. :smile:

omgwtf

massiveunderstatement.com
Silver Member
there's something about Mary...

...besides the fact that she markets herself aggressively.

It was mentioned earlier that she and I had played in a tournament. In that tournament of less than 8 girls, we both had the same finish -- we went 1-and-2.

So, I figure we play about the same.

In this tournament, she was exceedingly rude to the other players. Among the things she told us included:

- Our pool hall was "ghetto" and we should move the tournament elsewhere.
For the record, the pool hall has 20 Gold Crowns. The tournament tables include tables with 4" (or less) pockets. Ernesto Dominguez does the tables.

- We were "lucky" that she came to play.
Because, you know, our pool hall was so "ghetto".

- When our tournament director went over to welcome her back (she had played in a previous tournament) Mary (practicing on the billiard table) greeted her with: "People know me everywhere I go." Our tournament director (surely one of the sweetest girls in pool you will ever meet) said, "Yes, we know all about that." Mary insisted she didn't know *JUST* how famous she was and informed her that she sold posters of herself.

- In her first match, Mary told her opponent, "Oh, you have to play me? How sad for you! How sad!"

- In another match, Mary made it a point to tell her opponent that she did martial arts and that no one ever sparred with her anymore because "she hurt them all too badly".

- Mary made a comment in the "hottest girl in pool" thread that she played a girl in Santa Monica who was hot but it was too bad she couldn't make three balls. That girl just won our last ladies' 8-ball tournament. Also, Mary neglected to mention that she, herself, couldn't run three balls either.

In both tournaments, Mary took great care to tell us that she was well-known, famous, had fans, sold posters, was the best player in her pool hall, and that she had scores of people ready to back her in money games and in tournaments.

To men, Mary speaks with great friendliness and even modesty about her game. To women, she is the exact opposite. This tells me she has underlying insecurity issues regarding other women players.

The other players she bullied in the tournament were not comfortable enough with their games or the idea of gambling to call her out to play. I, however, don't have that kind of sensible thinking and so, I am calling her out to play.

I don't care about her self-promotion. If anything, it benefits me. Every hour she spends taking pictures of herself or expounding her keyboard wisdom is another hour away from table.

But I DO care when you pick on my friends who are just other women who love to play pool.

hugs

OMGWTF (and the girls of Santa Monica)

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
I agree with both of you, if she made a post saying she was the hottest and whatnot I could understand but its been some people who like her cuteness and personality. Women are naturally threatened by other attractive females, perhaps that is what is going on here. :smile:

I think I agree with some of your post but are you saying that you think the reason OMGWTF called Mary out to gamble has something to do with OMGWTF's jealousy over Mary's looks? Do you think that was her motivation when she chased CubC down? Was he a good looking guy?

Thanks

Kevin

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
I think I agree with some of your post but are you saying that you think the reason OMGWTF called Mary out to gamble has something to do with OMGWTF's jealousy over Mary's looks? Do you think that was her motivation when she chased CubC down? Was he a good looking guy?

Thanks

Kevin
I am not saying that at all, IMO OMGWTF is more attractive to me but I have seen women who are competitive and attractive get into stuff from time to time especially in pool. :smile:

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
...besides the fact that she markets herself aggressively.

It was mentioned earlier that she and I had played in a tournament. In that tournament of less than 8 girls, we both had the same finish -- we went 1-and-2.

So, I figure we play about the same.

In this tournament, she was exceedingly rude to the other players. Among the things she told us included:

- Our pool hall was "ghetto" and we should move the tournament elsewhere.
For the record, the pool hall has 20 Gold Crowns. The tournament tables include tables with 4" (or less) pockets. Ernesto Dominguez does the tables.

- We were "lucky" that she came to play.
Because, you know, our pool hall was so "ghetto".

- When our tournament director went over to welcome her back (she had played in a previous tournament) Mary (practicing on the billiard table) greeted her with: "People know me everywhere I go." Our tournament director (surely one of the sweetest girls in pool you will ever meet) said, "Yes, we know all about that." Mary insisted she didn't know *JUST* how famous she was and informed her that she sold posters of herself.

- In her first match, Mary told her opponent, "Oh, you have to play me? How sad for you! How sad!"

- In another match, Mary made it a point to tell her opponent that she did martial arts and that no one ever sparred with her anymore because "she hurt them all too badly".

- Mary made a comment in the "hottest girl in pool" thread that she played a girl in Santa Monica who was hot but it was too bad she couldn't make three balls. That girl just won our last ladies' 8-ball tournament. Also, Mary neglected to mention that she, herself, couldn't run three balls either.

In both tournaments, Mary took great care to tell us that she was well-known, famous, had fans, sold posters, was the best player in her pool hall, and that she had scores of people ready to back her in money games and in tournaments.

To men, Mary speaks with great friendliness and even modesty about her game. To women, she is the exact opposite. This tells me she has underlying insecurity issues regarding other women players.

The other players she bullied in the tournament were not comfortable enough with their games or the idea of gambling to call her out to play. I, however, don't have that kind of sensible thinking and so, I am calling her out to play.

I don't care about her self-promotion. If anything, it benefits me. Every hour she spends taking pictures of herself or expounding her keyboard wisdom is another hour away from table.

But I DO care when you pick on my friends who are just other women who love to play pool.

hugs

OMGWTF (and the girls of Santa Monica)

Here we go.

trustyrusty

I'm better with a wedge!
Silver Member

Thanks

Kevin

ZERO to do with jealousy, more to do with thinking someone is getting undo attention. And like I said, it kinda sounded that way.

After reading OMG's post of the way she acted at OMG's poolhall....different story. From what I read of her posts, she didn't seem that way, but if she acts like that - KEEP WOOFING OMG, and hopefully you can take her ego down a notch. Thanks for informing us about her actions. Now I do want to see this go down!

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
ZERO to do with jealousy, more to do with thinking someone is getting undo attention. And like I said, it kinda sounded that way.

After reading OMG's post of the way she acted at OMG's poolhall....different story. From what I read of her posts, she didn't seem that way, but if she acts like that - KEEP WOOFING OMG, and hopefully you can take her ego down a notch. Thanks for informing us about her actions. Now I do want to see this go down!
I am with you on this, after reading OMGWTF post and seeing the link to Facebook I think they should play for sure. I think we would all like to sweat it even if it is for a $500 or a $1000 set. :smile: