Corey still in snooker championship

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric puts it perfectly. The standard here to even Canada is so far behind, let alone the UK.

I was with Corey a few days ago, he asked me for advice on what to do, i told him these guys are no real players and you got a chance to win this whole thing. I then gave him things to do and showed him a few pointers. His talent alone against these guys is good enough, nothing against the American snooker players. Also Corey has a huge mental advantage.

Just spoke with Corey, he is happy he got in the final now he gets to go the world amateurs, and he said he is playing good.

Good luck buddy, Targeting.....

i said before it started he wins it, i was with him 8 weeks ago and he was playing solid-he always plays solid, he just looked more solid than usual.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I am pretty well dismayed not only by the poor level of play I've watched there, but the lack of American names in that tournament. I'm fairly certain I could look up a half dozen or so players from this area alone - give them a week of practice on a 12' snooker table - and any one of them should/could win against at least 2/3 of that field. Since there are no 12' snooker tables for a very long distance, that could never happen. Even if there were, I can see no real reason why they would participate... no real incentive.

Can't see where the long sleeved shirts, vests, and bow-ties changes any of their performances for the better. I care more about talent and performance than attire.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
I was with Corey a few days ago, he asked me for advice on what to do, i told him these guys are no real players and you got a chance to win this whole thing. I then gave him things to do and showed him a few pointers. His talent alone against these guys is good enough, nothing against the American snooker players. Also Corey has a huge mental advantage.

Just watching the first two frames of the finals this comment seems spot on.

CBuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he was playing better players he would be punished for the wild shots he keeps taking. Some of these guys are not much threat though. Corey is firing at shots like its 9 ball that have no chance of going but he keeps getting away with it.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Please keep posting updates.
I'm not interested in joining Facebook.

C'mon Corey!!!!!

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member
Corey's up 2-1 in frames, down 22-0 in frame 4.

I think the finals is a best-of-9 frames.

sly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this tells alot about snooker in u.s. when a pool player makes it to the finals having never played!
just goes to show you when you release the cue straight good things happen.
good for corey, straight shooter .
on to the IBSF in syria, good luck with that