CSI Presents...The Tiger Challenge: Dennis Orcollo vs. Jung-Lin Chang TONIGHT!

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Moemntum is with Orcollo in final stretch. He breaks and runs out for 17-15 lead

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
so was dennis complaints about the table rolls legit?

looks bad on diamonds. it was mentioned that they had spent a lot of time checking over the table and everything. i figure if they did all that, there shouldnt be a problem. maybe a table defect?
Personally I don't think it's the table. I can't think of a time I've watched a stream on Diamonds with Simonis with this many strange rolls.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Shane is in audience in blue stripe shirt behind Orcollo. Was standing and talking with 2 persons:grin:

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice out B&R by Chang to take back lead 19-18
He was behind 15-18 so he is on a roll. In last 10 racks the lead has changed and swung few times. Rivetting stuff . Even Shane is standing up watching but some fans came to chit chat so poor Shane no chance to watch proper match LOL

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
Wow Dennis dogs a safety up 18-15....and never gets to shoot again, not even kick. 5 pack to close it out...just strong

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
Chang runs a 6 pack to run out the match after being down 18 to 15. Absolutely incredible pool. Very exciting and glad I stayed up for it. That doesn't happen that often.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang breaks and runs out open table and wins it 21-18
Awesome performance by Chang !1

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a great performance by Chang!

So is shane and dennis going to challenge these taiwan guys to an action match!??

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chang left best for last with 6 pack to win it when behind at 15-18.
He started strong, had better break then made some errors toward 2nd half for Orcollo to catch up and take lead of 3 racks at one stage. Orcollo was ruffled by some errors in middle of match but Chang did not let erros faze him
Well Done Chang:grin:

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is the 6 pack, when you need it :)

Great performance, those players are very strong mentally.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
JL Chang's winning six pack was absolutely breathtaking!

It's Taiwan's week to this point with the two Ko's reaching the 10-ball final, Ko Pin-Yi besting Van Boening twice and JL Chang topping Orcullo. Chang's six pack at 18-15 down reminded me of Wu's performance to come from behind against Po Cheng Kuo in the final of the WPA World 9-ball Championship nearly a decade ago.

Let's hope that the Taiwanese players start playing more often in America. They are amazing!

Last edited:

victorl

Where'd my stroke go?
Silver Member
Wow, complete domination by the Taiwanese this time around.
With all the amazing talent right now between the Taiwanese, Filipinos, and Europeans, it looks like Shane is quickly becoming the only American capable of taking them on, and I wouldn't say he's much of a favorite against any of them.

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
At times, I feel so stupid. All of the 3 word Asian players throw me for a loop, I can't keep track! As an American, I get the Filipino's prowess and names (thanks in great part to Jay).

I doubt I am alone, that monster players from Asia seem so foreign. I guess I am a dumb homie. :embarrassed2:

vincentwu817

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
At times, I feel so stupid. All of the 3 word Asian players throw me for a loop, I can't keep track! As an American, I get the Filipino's prowess and names (thanks in great part to Jay).

I doubt I am alone, that monster players from Asia seem so foreign. I guess I am a dumb homie. :embarrassed2:

If Chinese was not my first language, I probably would have a hard time telling the difference as well. I do however have trouble differentiating Japanese names.