CTE pro one DVD

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No problem. I saw your exercise and the errors contained therein. I had a choice to let the errors stand or correct them. I figured that a little education would be appropriate in this case.
I have had my nose to grind with open ears for over a decade to get the bottom of CTE for all of us.
Stan Shuffett

And it is appreciated. Shooting balls into a rail was a poor example, that I should have kept to myself. Hurry up with the book, I have work to do.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And it is appreciated. Shooting balls into a rail was a poor example, that I should have kept to myself. Hurry up with the book, I have work to do.

I think what you did is a great example! That is why that I addressed it rather than to just let it pass. Lots of nuggets in that little exercise.

Stan Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I stated publicly well over 2 years ago and many many times since that my understanding of CTE had deepened enough to prompt my book project.
I thought that my book would have been out well over a year ago.
I decided from the get-go with my project that I would not parcel out every bit of new or refined info as I went along. That would be silly.
Having said that......the material in DVD2 works. That's what I used for years and still do.
Part of the process that I used was subconscious....but now the subconscious has morphed into conscious understandings and awarenesses that can be precisely explained.

Stan Shuffett

If I may ask, because this has been a hot topic, but what exactly are you saying in the bold part? Does this mean you were making subconscious adjustments that you now recognize and have incorporated into the steps needed to perform CTE, or something else?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think what you did is a great example! That is why that I addressed it rather than to just let it pass. Lots of nuggets in that little exercise.

Stan Shuffett

Well, honestly it's a hard system to come up with a self check exercise, and one could argue that it's because it works so well. You can't throw balls on the table and pick a given shot and try different perceptions and sweeps on THAT shot, because with only one exception (15I and 30O) only one works, and on the other hand you can't change ball positions and compare shots because every combination of ball positions has it's own perception, therefore there is no constant for comparison.

That said, it really hit home to me when I saw how you use the system for combinations. I can't tell you how many times I've used this nugget playing one pocket successfully, so I'm not doing all of it wrong anyway.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
The visuals, the two lines used, can easily be shown on paper. There is no mystery to how those lines connect and provide a pivot point. The perception one needs to acquire seems to be the mystery that people have trouble figuring out. That's why a lot players eventually come up with their own little quirks to make it work. And that takes time.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE is what it is. The 15I and 30O connect with the GEOMETRY of any 2x1 table. Real CTE dictates that, not me. The 15I and 30 O are interchangeable but more often than not, one of the two is easier to use verses the other. This is getting into visual info that has not been presented to date.
There are NO gaps in the CTE visuals. Please show one.
The perceptions are what they are......never a...I see it this way and others see it differently. Perceptions are seen either correctly or incorrectly. Perceptions are aligned to either correctly or incorrectly. I have not presented the visual info to date that makes this black and white but it's coming. In fact, what I present will have never been presented in our game ever before.Stan Shuffett
Mr. Shuffett,
Everything I've seen by you on the YouTube tells me this is remarkable once it's in place. Nothing very good comes easy in this life.
It takes work, which I don't mind doing. I'm going to buy that book when it comes out.
Beating the ghost (YouTube) like you did on that 4 1/2 x 9 convinced me to become a student.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The visuals, the two lines used, can easily be shown on paper. There is no mystery to how those lines connect and provide a pivot point. The perception one needs to acquire seems to be the mystery that people have trouble figuring out. That's why a lot players eventually come up with their own little quirks to make it work. And that takes time.

YOU CAN NOT SHOW THE VISUALS ON PAPER FOR CTE!
The quirks would continue for the next 500 years or longer if it weren't for CTE being totally solved. It was never supposed to be that 2 or 3 perceptions can be used for solving aim lines with 2 spheres and more importantly where the the bridge V goes.
I am sorry that I did not figure out every last detail sooner but I have moved steadily forward for the past 10 years and many many many players have successfully engaged in CTE in spite of it all. So, if some needed quirks, then so be it...Those days are coming to an end and I am thrilled to be a big part of it.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

You are mistaken Brian if you think i have to use a quirk of some sort to make Pro 1 work. I just shot the same shot 3 times with the 15 inside and 30 outside perceptions and sweeps as Stan teaches and made all 6 balls center pocket. The quirk, as you call it, I did to make my exercise prove a point, though a mute point it was. He is not wrong, and it is not that hard. When I'm playing I frequently run into shots that look right with one of the 2 variations, and so that's what I use, which is not evidence that the other would not work.

Last edited:

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this Stan, and we both know that the illustration I posted is not a fair example because I set up balls and shot them into a rail, which the system does not teach. I get that the perceptions lock you into a 2:1 ration table and that's why it works. As well as you have tried to convey what you see on a given shot, I think you will agree that this is by far the most arguable part that certain people always grill you about. I never saw the point in arguing with you about this, instead I went to my table and tried to make it work for me. I look forward to the book and more information. I also believe that when the info gets to the point that people will read it, look at a shot and all see the same thing it will be even better. The only thing I saw 2 years ago was a method to test your results, other than you just saying a certain shot will go in a certain pocket. Shooting balls into a rail with no target pocket intended by your instruction to me left a gap between the 5 and 6 ball. I realize that this does not occur if you are actually locking yourself into a perception of a shot at a given target, pocket, or bank shot. Without a method to check my results I came up with this exercise which when shooting into a rail for no other purpose than to shoot into a rail does, in my view cover a more evenly spaced array, or choice, of shot options. For lack of a better way to explain to Dennis and the other guy I posted this exercise, and in no way intended to override or knock what you teach
He says in one of the youtube videos that..."15 or 30 or 45 or 60 degrees make every shot on the table".
I'm new at this, of course, but I've applied it to banks and by jingo, if the speed is right, and table rails aren't crazy, the ball goes into the pocket most of the time using one of those perceptions.
I hate banks, (real life ones too..:smile:), but I kept a record on paper of 125 one rail or two rail bank shots played from all over the table with various setups and I pocketed 93 of them...that's a 74% percentage of hits which I'll take, and I am NO banker. I'd bet before I started messing with this concept that I was worse than 50% on a bank, just guessing at it. If I can get that up to a consistent 85%, well that is something to brag about, I think.
I haven 't got into those tricky one pocket banks where you have to dodge kisses or use English, though.
Many of the two-railers were luck-ins where I missed the one railer, but that doesn't hurt my feelings at all...the ball still went into a pocket. In a game, that would drive an opponent right up the wall.

Last edited:

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm slowly making my way through pro one final chapter DVD. Just started yesterday. If I'm understanding correctly, you perceive the edge to whatever zone needed plus center to edge at same time. Get down in between those perceptions with offset tip then pivot 1/2 tip into shot. Am I understanding the concept?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm slowly making my way through pro one final chapter DVD. Just started yesterday. If I'm understanding correctly, you perceive the edge to whatever zone needed plus center to edge at same time. Get down in between those perceptions with offset tip then pivot 1/2 tip into shot. Am I understanding the concept?

I am not qualified to say yes on your very astute grasp of the system so far, but if I was,,,,,,

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
YOU CAN NOT SHOW THE VISUALS ON PAPER FOR CTE!
The quirks would continue for the next 500 years or longer if it weren't for CTE being totally solved. It was never supposed to be that 2 or 3 perceptions can be used for solving aim lines with 2 spheres and more importantly where the the bridge V goes.
I am sorry that I did not figure out every last detail sooner but I have moved steadily forward for the past 10 years and many many many players have successfully engaged in CTE in spite of it all. So, if some needed quirks, then so be it...Those days are coming to an end and I am thrilled to be a big part of it.

Stan Shuffett

I can't imagine the amount of work and time you've invested in CTE, not to mention the battering you've endured due to the nearly unexplainable aspects involved with the system. I can, however, imagine and draw on paper a CTE line, CTA line etc...it isn't pro1, but it gives a pivot point location that pockets the ball when the distance is right.

I am interested in the book whenever​ it becomes available. But I'm curious as to how you are going to illustrate something that you tell me cannot be shown on paper.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can't imagine the amount of work and time you've invested in CTE, not to mention the battering you've endured due to the nearly unexplainable aspects involved with the system. I can, however, imagine and draw on paper a CTE line, CTA line etc...it isn't pro1, but it gives a pivot point location that pockets the ball when the distance is right.

I am interested in the book whenever​ it becomes available. But I'm curious as to how you are going to illustrate something that you tell me cannot be shown on paper.

Let's consider 3 distinct intelligences.
Math
Language
Visual

Pool is visually driven.
There is probably a complicated math solution to CTE but it may be decades if not centuries away from being put into equation. At this juncture for CTE, vision is out in front of math. Fortunately, the CTE process can be described with precise language.
So, my book has plenty of language that will explain the process. And, in conjunction with my book there will be free online video explanations and demonstrations that any normal person can grasp......Putting it to work will take work.

Stan Shuffett

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
However, you can help denwhit yourself. You've often inferred that you have far, far more knowledge of CTE than you've been given credit for and have challenged Stan on various ball positions with visuals as being impossible as taught. How about you write some posts out for the more basic shots that lead into the different visual options? This is beginner material. Should be a piece of cake for you.

Just sayin'.

I don't usually reply to your posts, especially when you've edited them after I read them, but I'll make an exception here. (You also never learned how to use the quote feature properly, so it is difficult to respond to you even if I wanted to).

I think an update to my post from 2015 is in order. This illustrates the easiest of shots, per your request.

Update: In the video below, I point out how it appears that CTE requires a last second subconscious adjustment in order to pocket the ball. We've gone over this material in the past, but newcomers might learn something. Stan said before that he does all those adjustments at the last second on purpose. I can find that quote if need be. Anyway, the update is that if Poolology had been published before this video, Stan would know what a half ball hit looked like. I wasn't aware of Poolology either, but I knew Stan's set up was not a half ball. Half ball is with the ob in the exact center of the table and the cb on the head spot or on that center line. It was interesting to me to rewatch this video with Poolology in mind where I could easily calculate the real cut angle for each of the shots Stan sets up simply by looking at the ball position on the table.

Now, of course, you can say it doesn't matter whether is it really a half ball hit or not if you believe that CTE works on all the shots regardless. I would say it is always a good idea to begin with a correct premise.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=5320374&postcount=1407

Also, Spider, you asked me to make a video of myself hitting CTE shots so you can figure out what I'm doing wrong. I may well do that when I get a chance. I already asked Mr. Wilson and he said he does not consider that baiting or badgering anybody. I didn't want to risk a ban for expressing heresy. I'll get back to you if/when I get to it.

Regards,

medallio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm apparently a bit slow. So there's the two lines. You go straight in either left or right to center of face if ball? Anotherwards not using the cte line?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm apparently a bit slow. So there's the two lines. You go straight in either left or right to center of face if ball? Anotherwards not using the cte line?

Do your pivot based on the center of the cue ball that you get for your visual.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Slow is okay! That is the nature of CTE at first. CTE is very odd and quite different compared to conventional aiming. So, accept the slowness as that is part of it but do know that the slow will become sudden.

Stan Shuffett

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Also, Spider, you asked me to make a video of myself hitting CTE shots so you can figure out what I'm doing wrong. I may well do that when I get a chance. I already asked Mr. Wilson and he said he does not consider that baiting or badgering anybody. I didn't want to risk a ban for expressing heresy. I'll get back to you if/when I get to it.

Regards,

I'd like to make myself perfectly clear regarding a video of you hitting CTE shots.

When you/if you make the video it isn't about me or anyone else figuring out what you are doing wrong based on the success or lack of success in pocketing the ball.

It has to do with you describing exactly what you're seeing, what and how you're aiming at, pivot or visual sweep for a variety of angles before you pull your stroke back to take the shot.

Maybe Stan should be the one to set up the shots which you can very easily and accurately duplicate on your table.

I already know you can shoot pretty sporty because I did find the video you made for Colin's Potting Test and we both ended up missing only one ball, which wasn't matched by anyone else including Joe Tucker. Your pockets are a bit larger than mine (which I demonstrate at the end of my video for Colin's test), but it's not a knock. You did damn good.

I think if you have problems making balls with CTE it's going to surface that you just flat out don't know everything you need to know and it's going to clearly jump out as you describe it. If you prove me wrong, more power to you.