CTE pro one DVD

Hollismason

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Slow is okay! That is the nature of CTE at first. CTE is very odd and quite different compared to conventional aiming. So, accept the slowness as that is part of it but do know that the slow will become sudden.

Stan Shuffett

Hi , when do you think the book on this would be out? I am very interested in looking at this system but prefer books.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The visuals, the two lines used, can easily be shown on paper. There is no mystery to how those lines connect and provide a pivot point. The perception one needs to acquire seems to be the mystery that people have trouble figuring out. That's why a lot players eventually come up with their own little quirks to make it work. And that takes time.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The visuals, the two lines used, can easily be shown on paper. There is no mystery to how those lines connect and provide a pivot point. The perception one needs to acquire seems to be the mystery that people have trouble figuring out. That's why a lot players eventually come up with their own little quirks to make it work. And that takes time.

Are you talking about CTE or poolology.

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member

I can already imagine the two lines, but I'll be damned if I can figure out where to come down on the CB. I'm so used to aiming the CCB at something. THEN, you've got to tweak the cue 1/2 tip away from aiming at nothing! I don't thing any amount of "time" and "work" is going to change that (for me at least). I think the system has to be shown to someone in person. Just my two cents but I think Stan needs to establish regional instructors. Could be a labor of love and source of income for the devotees of CTE. I haven't been on here very long but I think I detect at least a dozen guys that say; "I've GOT it".

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by BC21: The visuals, the two lines used, can easily be shown on paper. There is no mystery to how those lines connect and provide a pivot point. The perception one needs to acquire seems to be the mystery that people have trouble figuring out. That's why a lot players eventually come up with their own little quirks to make it work. And that takes time.

Are you talking about CTE or poolology.

I am referring to about all pivot-style aiming methods where different bridge lengths are required for different shots, based on the distance between CC and OB. Instead of changing bridge/pivot point location, many players figure out a different way to make it work, like pivoting one tip right or left of CCB instead of from the CB edge. I've had enough friends over the last 20 years adopt one pivot system or another. From Shishabob to point-and-pivot or to manual CTE, they each say they made it their own by tweaking one aspect or another to make it work for them. If that has to happen then it's really a rote system, requiring a lot of trial and error before your brain finally figures out how to tune everything up. And the tune up may not involve the exact same tuning that another player requires. Even personal lessons often create varying methods in two different players.

It's like sitting through a lecture on on website design, then a week later an office buddy repeats something he heard the speaker say, but it's not how you remember it, not at all. So he goes and does it his way, while you do it your way, both of you thinking you are following the lesson as learned, but in reality you each develop your own way of achieving the same result.

This process doesn't apply to Poolology. There is one specific aim point for each shot. It probably doesn't apply to CTE Pro1 either, if the player is able to quickly understand and demonstrate how the visual sweeps lead to a CCB aim line. For those who can't understand or demonstrate the method, repeated misses will eventually lead to success. Like Thomas Edison supposedly said in an interview about finding a suitable material for his lightbulb filament.... "I have not failed 10,000 times. I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."

It may take a week before it clicks for you, or it may take a year. Just keep trying it, and eventually it'll start working. This applies to anything skill-related, because skills are not taught....they are developed.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can already imagine the two lines, but I'll be damned if I can figure out where to come down on the CB. I'm so used to aiming the CCB at something. THEN, you've got to tweak the cue 1/2 tip away from aiming at nothing! I don't thing any amount of "time" and "work" is going to change that (for me at least). I think the system has to be shown to someone in person. Just my two cents but I think Stan needs to establish regional instructors. Could be a labor of love and source of income for the devotees of CTE. I haven't been on here very long but I think I detect at least a dozen guys that say; "I've GOT it".

If you are seeing the two lines, then that gives you a fixed cue ball. Once you are in a position to see the two lines, do not move your head at all. Look at the cb. Your orientation to the cb and how you now see the cb is what determines it being a "fixed" cb. Now you can easily see center of cb and a line that goes from your eyes through center of cb. You are now at the point of the video that was linked to and can go from there.

As was said several times, stop adding things in from your past aiming history and just follow the directions. You aren't aiming the cb at anything. You are finding the correct shot line through the steps given.

The instructions really aren't hard, you just have to be willing to follow them. If you keep adding things into the instructions, it won't work.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am referring to about all pivot-style aiming methods where different bridge lengths are required for different shots, based on the distance between CC and OB. Instead of changing bridge/pivot point location, many players figure out a different way to make it work, like pivoting one tip right or left of CCB instead of from the CB edge. I've had enough friends over the last 20 years adopt one pivot system or another. From Shishabob to point-and-pivot or to manual CTE, they each say they made it their own by tweaking one aspect or another to make it work for them. If that has to happen then it's really a rote system, requiring a lot of trial and error before your brain finally figures out how to tune everything up. And the tune up may not involve the exact same tuning that another player requires. Even personal lessons often create varying methods in two different players.

It's like sitting through a lecture on on website design, then a week later an office buddy repeats something he heard the speaker say, but it's not how you remember it, not at all. So he goes and does it his way, while you do it your way, both of you thinking you are following the lesson as learned, but in reality you each develop your own way of achieving the same result.

This process doesn't apply to Poolology. There is one specific aim point for each shot. It probably doesn't apply to CTE Pro1 either, if the player is able to quickly understand and demonstrate how the visual sweeps lead to a CCB aim line. For those who can't understand or demonstrate the method, repeated misses will eventually lead to success. Like Thomas Edison supposedly said in an interview about finding a suitable material for his lightbulb filament.... "I have not failed 10,000 times. I have successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."

It may take a week before it clicks for you, or it may take a year. Just keep trying it, and eventually it'll start working. This applies to anything skill-related, because skills are not taught....they are developed.

That simply is not true at all.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
That simply is not true at all.

Actually it is. There are micro-pivots that need to occur sometimes with CTE, like a 1/16, 1/8 or 1/4 pivot. Experience (aka trial and error) let's you know when these micro pivots are needed. Like I said, I have friends that have been studying CTE and other pivot styles for years, so I'm not completely ignorant on the concepts. The first pivot method I remember involved lining the edge of the CB with either the 15, 30, or 45 verticals on the OB, then pivot to CCB and shoot. Put distance between the balls and it quits working, hence the 1/2 tip pivot. It compensates for the distance factor, as does the micro pivots used in cte. Without these different pivot offsets, the bridge length would have to be the changing factor.

I'm not knocking pivot systems. I'm simply saying that there are some quirks/intricacies needed here and there to make them work. Those intricacies take a while to learn because they are subjective and require experience. I didn't say ALL pivot systems have this problem, but the basic geometry of pivoting methods does require some sort of compensation as the distance increases between the balls.

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually it is. There are micro-pivots that need to occur sometimes with CTE, like a 1/16, 1/8 or 1/4 pivot. Experience (aka trial and error) let's you know when these micro pivots are needed. Like I said, I have friends that have been studying CTE and other pivot styles for years, so I'm not completely ignorant on the concepts. The first pivot method I remember involved lining the edge of the CB with either the 15, 30, or 45 verticals on the OB, then pivot to CCB and shoot. Put distance between the balls and it quits working, hence the 1/2 tip pivot. It compensates for the distance factor, as does the micro pivots used in cte. Without these different pivot offsets, the bridge length would have to be the changing factor.

I'm not knocking pivot systems. I'm simply saying that there are some quirks/intricacies needed here and there to make them work. Those intricacies take a while to learn because they are subjective and require experience. I didn't say ALL pivot systems have this problem, but the basic geometry of pivoting methods does require some sort of compensation as the distance increases between the balls.

All you are saying is, with your current knowledge of how to use pivots, there are adjustments that need to be made. That is not the same as the fact that with some pivot systems, bridge length does not matter.

This topic has been covered on here several times. And I even made a video proving that bridge length does not matter in all pivot systems. It all depends on just what you are using the pivot for, and to what you are actually pivoting to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkm9WE8HMoE

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

It's a shame you have to put out false info to try and make your system seem better.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
It's a shame you have to put out false info to try and make your system seem better.

What false info?

I'm explaining to Denwit why CTE can take a while to learn, based on Stan's own words and the words from others that use or have tried to use the method.

Last edited:

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What false info?

I'm explaining to Denwit why CTE can take a while to learn, based on Stan's own words and the words from others that use or have tried to use the method.

You are explaining CTE. to others when you are ignorant about it. For example, you say all pivot style systems require bridge length ajustments and quirks and micro pivots. Nothing could be further from the truth!
BASIC CTE is a pivot style system and has no bridge distance requirements nor does one need to introduce any quirks or micro pivots to make it work. The same is true for PRO ONE and DISGUISED PIVOTING.
I learned along time ago to keep my trap shut about topics that I am not well versed in.....

Stan Shuffett

Bobkitty

I said: "Here kitty, kitty". Got this frown.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Slow is okay! That is the nature of CTE at first. CTE is very odd and quite different compared to conventional aiming. So, accept the slowness as that is part of it but do know that the slow will become sudden.

Stan Shuffett

In the first DVD for Pro 1, you state that this all works for balls less than about 4 diamonds apart. I didn't really understand what you are saying there. Will a different pivot, bridge, etc. be needed when the balls are further apart?

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
All you are saying is, with your current knowledge of how to use pivots, there are adjustments that need to be made. That is not the same as the fact that with some pivot systems, bridge length does not matter.

This topic has been covered on here several times. And I even made a video proving that bridge length does not matter in all pivot systems. It all depends on just what you are using the pivot for, and to what you are actually pivoting to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gkm9WE8HMoE

Interesting video, and I see where you are coming from. You are not pivoting from the edge to edge line, or even parallel to that line.. You are pivoting from a point inside of that line, coming in at an offset angle to that line, then pivoting to the shot line. This is the compensation I was referring to with pivoting. If you put CB 4 inches from the OB, you would need to pivot from the edge to edge line, not offset from inside of that line. That's my point.

It really doesn't matter. But for guys trying to learn manual pivots, it is much needed knowledge. Your video would help them tremendously, as you explain it and demonstrate it very well.

The only pivot that wouldn't need some sort of compensation for distance would be a pivot point stationed at the center of the CB. Any time the pivot point is behind the CB, there is an angle difference that needs amended somehow.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the first DVD for Pro 1, you state that this all works for balls less than about 4 diamonds apart. I didn't really understand what you are saying there. Will a different pivot, bridge, etc. be needed when the balls are further apart?

No, ignore bridge distances and the 4 diamond info.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting video, and I see where you are coming from. You are not pivoting from the edge to edge line, or even parallel to that line.. You are pivoting from a point inside of that line, coming in at an offset angle to that line, then pivoting to the shot line. This is the compensation I was referring to with pivoting. If you put CB 4 inches from the OB, you would need to pivot from the edge to edge line, not offset from inside of that line. That's my point.

It really doesn't matter. But for guys trying to learn manual pivots, it is much needed knowledge. Your video would help them tremendously, as you explain it and demonstrate it very well.

The only pivot that wouldn't need some sort of compensation for distance would be a pivot point stationed at the center of the CB. Any time the pivot point is behind the CB, there is an angle difference that needs amended somehow.

The SOMEHOW is visual for CTE. CTE does NOT need bridge Vs, distance stuff, PIVOTING and not even a cue.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
You are explaining CTE. to others when you are ignorant about it. For example, you say all pivot style systems require bridge length ajustments and quirks and micro pivots. Nothing could be further from the truth!
BASIC CTE is a pivot style system and has no bridge distance requirements nor does one need to introduce any quirks or micro pivots to make it work. The same is true for PRO ONE and DISGUISED PIVOTING.
I learned along time ago to keep my trap shut about topics that I am not well versed in.....

Stan Shuffett

I certainly didn't say "all" pivot systems. I said "about all", which means most, but not all.

As far as micro pivots, and experience, I believe I heard those exact words on one of your videos. It's here, beginning around 4:20:

https://youtu.be/V8Zmhz1wWWM

For years I've watched local players struggle with one pivot method or another. All I'm trying to do is help explain why they struggle, and the geometry backs up what I'm saying. Maybe this debate will put some struggling pivot-style players on the right track. Something has to clear up the mystery of it all if a player is expected to figure it out.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I certainly didn't say "all" pivot systems. I said "about all", which means most, but not all.

As far as micro pivots, and experience, I believe I heard those exact words on one of your videos. It's here, beginning around 4:20:

https://youtu.be/V8Zmhz1wWWM

For years I've watched local players struggle with one pivot method or another. All I'm trying to do is help explain why they struggle, and the geometry backs up what I'm saying. Maybe this debate will put some struggling pivot-style players on the right track. Something has to clear up the mystery of it all if a player is expected to figure it out.

My YouTube videos represent a history of my work with CTE over the past many years.,
I can use a micro pivot in CTE or a ONE foot PIVOT if I want to. It makes no difference. It's about one's vision. Most all people that do CTE do it correctly to a degree from the conscious perspective, But the subconscious occurrences are another story. The mystery is in one's subconsciousness.

Stan Shuffett