Deal Gone Bad...I'll bend, but I will not be taken for a sucker.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Don't be me ....Do NOT send him anything...
I am so tired of this kind of bs...I am in one right now but... I did wrong when I accepted the swap...

sent from GS3 via Tapatalk

Tramp Steamer

One Pocket enthusiast.
Silver Member
You want I should give Tony and Mario a call. See if they can make this guy see the error of his ways. It'll only cost you $300.00. :smile:

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
cue sales

You cannot make someone elses wrongs , (right)

options
do your best to settle this with in reason. if this fails, it fails.
but you did your best.

if you gave a certain return policy then keep your promise.< I am not saying you broke your word.>

last but not least follow your heart. sometimes there is no winning,
and it just turns into a shit slinging contest and no one wins, and in the long run you would be better off not saying a word and let the other person prove his or her case.

after a while everyone knows who follows through with there word and who doesnt. There can always be minor misunderstandings . no one is perfect.

Good luck and I hope this gets worked out.
MMike

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Make a video of you setting 3 hundred dollar bills on fire, post it on youtube, and send the link to him.:D

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm with the pound sand opinions. No smiley necessary. Keep the money!

TX Poolnut

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds like you've already done your part of the deal. I would like to hear the other guy's side of the story.

If what you say is true, I would not be sending him a damn cent.

Tro

Insert Clever Title Here
Silver Member
Thanks for the support everyone.

I do want to make something very clear : I dont want this to turn into a lynching. I have no ill will towards the other party here, I just wanted to publically state what the situation was and what I intemd to do.

Im sure, from his point of view, he feels like I got the better end of the deal. Thats fine. He requested that I return the 300.00, and although hos reasoning may be off, I decided that if that would settle this, then it would e worth it.

But now it has gone beyond that when a cracked shaft gets thrown into the mix over a week later. This is where I draw the line.

I give everyone that gets anything from me 24 hours from the time of delivery to inspect and hit with any cue they get from me. As I stated before, all was fine until the day I posted the Lambros for sale.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear the air. I dont believe hes a bad guy. I also wont be taking the Tad back. He will get 300.00 from me because thats what I said I would do to make this 'even'.

Mike

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Another .02. Bend or being suckered? ...... if you are right in the deal you made.. Done Deal. You are admitting fault by refunding any money and being suckered. Take a stand...withdraw the $300 refund. You know in your heart your deal was done in good faith. If you feel some guilt by not sending money...feel guilty with the money in your pocket. Give it a lot of thought before reacting. You know the saying..if 3 people call you a horse...buy a saddle. More than 3 people are giving you good reasonable advice. If they thought you were wrong they would tell you. Pay close attention to everyone. If your mind is totally made up...we can close this thread. Nothing more to say. Anyway good luck. Cue dealing has it's kinks.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
I am mailing the $300.00 tomorrow, even though I know I'm being taken for a chump. That's it. You will not get anything more out of me.

Thanks,

Mike

Tro said:
He will get 300.00 from me because thats what I said I would do to make this 'even'.

Thanks to people like you people like him will continue to do BS things like this. Your sending him the money simply rewards his actions and the way he has conducted this business and thus he and others like him will continue to do stuff like this.

You Tro and people like you are a big part of the problem, paying off scams like this. If noone ever got taken by people like this then this type of action would be alot less common.

You are not only screwing yourself on this deal by sending the $300, you are screwing every single honest person who does business on this forum and elsewhere by empowering this type of behavior and paying it off. You and people like you will assure that more honest people will have to deal with people like this trying to rip them off and screw them.

Last edited:

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the support everyone.

I do want to make something very clear : I dont want this to turn into a lynching. I have no ill will towards the other party here, I just wanted to publically state what the situation was and what I intemd to do.

Im sure, from his point of view, he feels like I got the better end of the deal. Thats fine. He requested that I return the 300.00, and although hos reasoning may be off, I decided that if that would settle this, then it would e worth it.

But now it has gone beyond that when a cracked shaft gets thrown into the mix over a week later. This is where I draw the line.

I give everyone that gets anything from me 24 hours from the time of delivery to inspect and hit with any cue they get from me. As I stated before, all was fine until the day I posted the Lambros for sale.

Anyway, I just wanted to clear the air. I dont believe hes a bad guy. I also wont be taking the Tad back. He will get 300.00 from me because thats what I said I would do to make this 'even'.

Mike

Green sent your way for being a stand up man of your word. I agree with the rest of the members that this guy deserves nothing else but it just shows your character by sticking to your word. We've never done business but you just went on my "never second guess dealing with this guy" list.

manwon

"WARLOCK 1"
Silver Member
Thanks for being a stand-up guy, in the end you have to do what you think is right. The other guy will receive his just reward sooner or later because we all reap what we sow.

It is very refreshing / very rare to see a thread about a situation like this where as of my post all members who posted are in agreement.

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would keep the $300 so you can take rossaroni and I out for a good dinner when we hit Illinois on Friday. You held up to your end of the deal with this guy. That's just my opinion of course.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
This is just a business decision. Injecting derogatory words into your own thought process, like "sucker" for example, clouds your reasoning ability.

Sounds like the guy is trying to undo the trade. The minute someone says they looked over the cue and accept it - then in my book it's a done deal for the very reason you cited. You disposed of the Lambrois, your property now.

If you want to send him $300 to help balance the trade and keep the good will, maybe that was a good decision. I can look at random shafts all day long and also see cracks. They're striations or grain patterns. The sound of a few simple taps on the table will tells you if there really is a crack.

FYI I have given buyers refunds for many reasons. You never know what their expectations might be. Some people are difficult to satisfy. Maybe the finish isn't up to what they expected, or a wrap was bad, whatever. I just didn't want to deal with taking the cue back, selling it again, lose money on shipping, etc. Those buyers in many cases came back to me and bought more cues without any further issues.

By the way, I don't think publishing this issue was a particularly great idea.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To do otherwise at this time would mean going back on his word. I wager that none of you would appreciate that.

I do not think it was right to agree to give the $300 back, if his story is accurate. I do understand his effort to attempt to squelch the situation by doing so.
A person can have second thoughts if they are right. I appreciate the OP wanting to resolve and move on... and he has to do what his heart tells him. I feel he is asking for approval in his decision. The OP appears to be a reputable person. I would deal with him regardless of the outcome here.
I support him keeping the money. He did not default or misrepresent anything. For $300 I say go back on his word. Life ain't fair sometimes...but let it be unfair to the deadbeat on the other end.

Last edited:

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the number of iTrade comments the OP has, I'm guessing he was launching a pre-emptive strike by posting about this anticipating the guy on the other end would be posting "his side of the story". Just a guess that's he trying to protect his reputation here since he obviously does a lot of trades/business at the site. Either way, assuming Tro's story is anywhere close to accurate, I'd say he went well over fair by offering to send the $300 back. Since he said he'd do that, he's kind of stuck following through. As to sending everything back to receive his original cue back with a cracked shaft, no way. Let the other guy do what he thinks he needs to do and move on. The OP's trading history seems flawless to date, I doubt this situation would blemish it in the least.

Jim Baxter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like he waited Way to long to deside he was unhappy . But If you already told him you would give hime the $300 , then that does cloud it up a bit . I live by Seatle we can live with clouds .

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
To everybody who is telling Tro to keep the money...

...this is a man who, apparently, has already agreed to send the $300 back. To do otherwise at this time would mean going back on his word. I wager that none of you would appreciate that.

I do not think it was right to agree to give the $300 back, if his story is accurate. I do understand his effort to attempt to squelch the situation by doing so.

dld

Agree 100%.

I dont think a refund is warranted but I respect that once Tro committed to it he is following through.

Situations like this are the reason why I try very hard to only deal with people I know and have a good history with when it comes to cues. Its not always possible and its not a 100% guarantee of no problems but the things happening around here lately seem to make it the only possible way of doing anything.

I commend Tro for trying to smooth things out but I do think whenever this type of thread is posted both parties should be made known. There is no use coming to the group with a story like this without letting us know who the other party is. Certain posters have a history of always being involved in problematic deals in some form or another. As someone who occasionally does cue deals here I want to know about the people who think this is the way to do business not so I can dog pile them in a thread but so I simply stay away from them.

I hope the situation is resolved with a minimum of hassle.

Craig Fales

Registered bubinga user
Silver Member
If you send the $300 back that can be taken as an insinuation that you DID feel you knew something was bad with the shafts. This guy can use that against you later if he wanted to escalate things.