Deal Gone Bad...I'll bend, but I will not be taken for a sucker.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Agree 100%.

I dont think a refund is warranted but I respect that once Tro committed to it he is following through.

Situations like this are the reason why I try very hard to only deal with people I know and have a good history with when it comes to cues. Its not always possible and its not a 100% guarantee of no problems but the things happening around here lately seem to make it the only possible way of doing anything.

I commend Tro for trying to smooth things out but I do think whenever this type of thread is posted both parties should be made known. There is no use coming to the group with a story like this without letting us know who the other party is. Certain posters have a history of always being involved in problematic deals in some form or another. As someone who occasionally does cue deals here I want to know about the people who think this is the way to do business not so I can dog pile them in a thread but so I simply stay away from them.

I hope the situation is resolved with a minimum of hassle.

......tap,tap

jemerson23

Shoot to Thrill
Silver Member
Tro, to make it fair and to help you out...
I will send you the $300 and you can send me the Lambros.
Sound fair? :cool:

Tro

Insert Clever Title Here
Silver Member
I'm sorry, but I won't be posting his name here. I've seen what happens to people when a witch hunt begins. You only have my side of the story and it wouldn't be right for me to throw a name out there for people to dog pile on.

If he wants to defend himself, he will. Then, both sides will be out there and people can judge.

I'm a little torn, however.

On one hand, I believe people should know WHO the scammers are out there.

On the other hand, I believe we're all too quick to judge sometimes and in the event that this fellow just has a simple case of buyer's remorse and the return of the $300.00 will settle this, I don't want his name dragged through the mud as if he were guilty of murder.

I made this post to tell my side of a story and to state what actions I would take to deal with it.

Mike

P.S. My wife just told me I was nuts for sending the $300.00 :rolleyes: But, I said what I said, so that's that.

robsnotes4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
reason to use a escrow service.

on cues i think it is a good idea to send it to a reputable person that looks over the cue and handles the transaction. Saves the headaches. Gets rid of the he said she said

richiebalto

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did a trade deal a few weeks ago involving a late 70s Tad that I sent in to Tad and Fred Kohara for an LoA.

I traded the Tad for a Lambros + a little cash.

I got the Lambros, the other party got the Tad.

Upon receiving the Tad, he contacted me and verified that everything was good and we were good to go.

A week later I put the Lambros up for sale.

That same day I got an email which stated "my friend says these arent Tad shafts"

I said "Call Fred and Tad, they verified that they are".

Then it became "More friends say these aren't Tad shafts".

Again, I said..."Call the source..call Fred and Tad...nobody elses opinion matters."

He still didnt call them.

Then it became "I'm going to send the cue in for a refinish/rewrap/and new shafts...so I want the 300.00 back that was part of our deal"

First of all....I note EVERYTHING in my posts regarding cues I trade or sell. Secondly, the LoA CLEARLY STATED that the ONLY problems with the cue were that it was not an original wrap and it had been refinished at some point in it's life. This was ALL FINE until I posted the Lambros for sale.

To put an end to this, even though I was feeling like I was being taken for a ride, I agreed to send him his 300.00 to end this.

I get an email today...

"My friend said nice Tad, too bad the shaft is cracked, I'm sending the Tad back and I want the Lambros back."

I am going to publicly state this right now:

The Tad was fine when it went to Tad's shop to get authenticated, it was fine while it was in my possession, it was fine when it was shipped (And I wrap everything VERY WELL), and it was fine with the buyer until now. I will not, under any circumstances, take the Tad back with a cracked shaft as it did not leave my hands with a crack in it. I am mailing the $300.00 tomorrow, even though I know I'm being taken for a chump. That's it. You will not get anything more out of me.

Thanks,

Mike

Once the buyer(the other guy)said he received the cue and everything was fine, now he says different, well if you have it in writing and can prove 100% the buyer did make that comment(that the cue was fine when he received it)it doesnt look good for him, he would be the liar in this case, please dont give him your 300 dollars, its not his anymore, that was the deal, good luck to you, dont let these internet swindlers shove you around, P.S you are the good guy here, dont forget that, he can say what he wants, the TRUTH is all in writing, and you have it, hopefully!

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
  1. I don't have a dog in the hunt.
  2. There are three sides to every story.
  3. I don't feel posting this thread solves any problems.
  4. If things happened exactly like you say there should be no reason to refund a single penny.

I'm sorry, but I won't be posting his name here. I've seen what happens to people when a witch hunt begins. You only have my side of the story and it wouldn't be right for me to throw a name out there for people to dog pile on.

If he wants to defend himself, he will. Then, both sides will be out there and people can judge.

I'm a little torn, however.

On one hand, I believe people should know WHO the scammers are out there.

On the other hand, I believe we're all too quick to judge sometimes and in the event that this fellow just has a simple case of buyer's remorse and the return of the $300.00 will settle this, I don't want his name dragged through the mud as if he were guilty of murder.

I made this post to tell my side of a story and to state what actions I would take to deal with it.

Mike

P.S. My wife just told me I was nuts for sending the $300.00 :rolleyes: But, I said what I said, so that's that.

Dunnn51

Clear the table!
Silver Member
Cement

Hello all,

I am the new guy here, and if ever there was a time to post IT IS NOW. I seen Tro's thread with the TAD for sale. I seen the OMEN in the same post as well. I liked the OMEN so much that I made Tro an offer. He told me (A total stranger everything,... in minute detail what he thought was wrong with the Omen cue.) In fact he overstated. I have only just got to know Tro, but if you look at what he did here, and take into account how he overstates everything, you can see that he values his reputation here on AZ and wants the customer nothing less than happy. I bought the Omen cue.

I'll deal with Tro or a guy like that anyday !

Tro , you are a stand-up guy, (that shows in this post by the offer of $300.00 to settle, and by your keeping the buyer anonymity here). You DID NOT have to offer the $300; however now that you did, you should honor your word. You are more worried about your rep here than sealing a business transaction.

From a legality stand-point, the buyer contacted you when he received the cue -- all was good. A WEEK LATER, he has issues. Legally, anyone has 3 days to back-out of a deal. Whatever the issue: the deal is done !

Tro, you don't have to bend. In the future, if you have something I am interested in, I will have no problem contacting you and working out a deal.

A business transaction should be like cement; poured exactly where it should be,binding, and only gets harder over time. This anal retentive new guy should know, I have a degree in business.

Last edited:

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Refund the $300. Blow smoke right back up his rear end..... How about the old "The Check's In The Mail". We will believe and support you.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
We're missing our cop wanna be with his 25 year old expert opinion on this thread :D ....

spanky79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this makes me feel great about the people who do good business.

I sold BIG CHris some dvd's. money was sent promptly, Product was shipped next day with a tracking number. Pm was sent to verify product was received as shipped. Everyone was happy.

Is it really that hard?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
I know what you're saying Sherm but it's the sad truth that we have to protect ourselves. If you're going to be in the business of buying and selling cues then you need to make sure that you are legally protected. All it takes is one consultation with a lawyer to learn what your rights are and what you should do to protect those rights in your transactions.

Even better, maybe you have a lawyer who is a friend who can sit down with you for free. But you have to know how to protect your rights or you can wind up in court and lose, even if you're in the right.

Fran, I'm with Sherm on this one. There is an old saying, "Caveat Emptor," let the buyer beware! Both parties made a deal with their eyes wide open, I don't think the OP owes anyone anything at this point in time. Sounds more like a case of "buyer's remorse," and we know how that one goes. Once money has changed hands, it's a done deal in almost all cases. Particularly so between private parties. If that were not the case, then we would need legal help to sell a used car or have a yard sale! When I sell a used car, I write on the receipt, "Sold, as-is!"

We have become a litigious society, of that there is no doubt. And it is this kind of thinking that promotes that reality. In 99% of business disputes that I've been involved in, we were able to resolve the matter without legal help. The other 1% ended up in Small Claims court, except for two civil actions. I'm one for two in those two cases, so I'm batting .500!

P.S. Please note that on this thread you are the only one who suggested having an attorney enter the fray.

Last edited: