• Yes.. 7 foot

Votes: 32 12.6%
  • No.. I only play in a room or bar

Votes: 40 15.7%

• Total voters

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Its kind of surprising that out of those polled there are more 9' tables than 7' & 8's combined. I did not see that coming.

Banks

Banned
Its kind of surprising that out of those polled there are more 9' tables than 7' & 8's combined. I did not see that coming.

For a home, most people will get a 9. There aren't that many furniture quality barbox tables available and even 8's aren't nearly as common as a full size.

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
For a home, most people will get a 9. There aren't that many furniture quality barbox tables available and even 8's aren't nearly as common as a full size.

Think so? Of 7 people I know that have tables at home
1=9' GC
1=8' POS
1=7' Diamond
4 7' cheapo furniture tables

I am guessing that it is a case of more dedicated pool players than your average home billiard enthusiast chiming in due to it being a billiard website and stuff now that I think about it. I am surprised that very few of the league players even know about this website, in fact I think the only people I know who visit are the ones I directed here.:)

prewarhero

guess my avatar
Silver Member

I would think most readers of this board would opt for something other than a furniture style table and go with a commercial grade table. Additionally, I think they would opt for 9 (regulation) over anything else, unless they solely play bar bax pool.

Keep in mind this is a board (sample) of pool nuts and not casual players.

Banks

Banned
I would think most readers of this board would opt for something other than a furniture style table and go with a commercial grade table. Additionally, I think they would opt for 9 (regulation) over anything else, unless they solely play bar bax pool.

Keep in mind this is a board (sample) of pool nuts and not casual players.

I'm a little lax on aesthetics, so a decent GC is probably closer to furniture-grade in my eyes than a ratty Valley with a coin-op mechanism. I agree with that second part, like fastone mentioned, I was just a bit too lazy to add it in afterwards. :eek:

K2Kraze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have the new Brunswick Brixton model - 8' version - and is an amazing work of craftsmanship for a factory table. It is is made from North American and European white oak hardwoods with a beechwood finish and solid as can be. Most wood sections are over 2" thick for all supports and the rails are no less than 1" solid oak. Distressed finish (zero prints or dust) with hammered iron diamonds and hardware. Slate, pockets, rails and cushions all top caliber from Brunswick. It may be home "furniture grade" but plays amazing, straight and solid.

jhugo

Registered
GC III beautifully redone by Jay Spielberg and Crew - third home and finally got my table! Use it just about every night, unless I played too much golf during the day...

Have a 2 year old boy and a 2 month old girl so happy they they will grow up with a table at home - and I only started playing at last year at 34