Fargo rule question

SeniorTom

On a four-man team, one fellow was absent due to illness. In this case, a present player will play his games, and can substitute also for the missing player. Our scores get entered into the Fargo rating system, but I had a question regarding the games the substitute played for the absent player. Who gets credit for games played with regard to the Fargo system, the absent player or the player who actually subbed for the absent player? In other words, whose Fargo gets adjusted for the games that were played for the absent player?

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
On a four-man team, one fellow was absent due to illness. In this case, a present player will play his games, and can substitute also for the missing player. Our scores get entered into the Fargo rating system, but I had a question regarding the games the substitute played for the absent player. Who gets credit for games played with regard to the Fargo system, the absent player or the player who actually subbed for the absent player? In other words, whose Fargo gets adjusted for the games that were played for the absent player?
It should be the sub getting fargo, that is if the LO/TD is doing it right.

On one league around here they used to put the sub's score in the absent players score to simplify but it wasn't Fargo rated.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... . Who gets credit for games played with regard to the Fargo system, the absent player or the player who actually subbed for the absent player? I...
Every game that goes into the Fargo database counts for the actual, physical players who played the game. Otherwise I'd get Little Miss Muffat to sub for me all the time so I could play in the 300-and-under tournaments. She don't play so good after a couple of stiff ones.

If the Fargo people find out that someone is recording matches with false (or incorrect) names I think they'll be really upset.

SeniorTom

The reason I asked this question was that I wanted the games I actually played as a sub to go into the Fargo system, seeing that my robustness is only at 144. Now the league keeps track of league points won, and gives them to the absent player. But as far as Fargo is concerned, I am hoping the games count for my robustness.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The reason I asked this question was that I wanted the games I actually played as a sub to go into the Fargo system, seeing that my robustness is only at 144. Now the league keeps track of league points won, and gives them to the absent player. But as far as Fargo is concerned, I am hoping the games count for my robustness.
If they report your games, they must report them as your games. Have you asked the league managers how they report?

SeniorTom

If they report your games, they must report them as your games. Have you asked the league managers how they report?
Our league president inputs the games to Fargo on Sunday morning, generally, but sometimes a bit later. It will be interesting to see what happens. I agree, though, they should be added to my robustness.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every game that goes into the Fargo database counts for the actual, physical players who played the game. Otherwise I'd get Little Miss Muffat to sub for me all the time so I could play in the 300-and-under tournaments. She don't play so good after a couple of stiff ones.

If the Fargo people find out that someone is recording matches with false (or incorrect) names I think they'll be really upset.
Abusing Miss Moffat. Black shaft, layered tips, round chalk, and now this. Shame on you.

Let this be a warning to those starting down that slippery slope. Stop now-go LePro

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, the games go only to the people who play them.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Generally league games are recorded through the scoring mobile APP. When you identify Bob Jewett as player3, Bob's name propagates to every place player3 plays. If Bob is absent and Penelope Muffat (yes FR needs her full name) comes off the bar stool to sub, then she is identified as player3. If she has subbed before, her name will be on the roster for quick access; otherwise there is a lookup feature and she will be quickly available in the future.

If Bob played the first two rounds and then had to leave early, PM can be entered as player3 in the third round, and that would populate her name for rounds 4, 5, and 6. Bob could even come back and play the round 6 game.

If you score on paper and wait for your league operator to input the scores, it is essentially the same process for him. But if you score on paper and wait for your league operator to input the scores, my advice is 'stop doing that!' It is way better to sit at the bar at the end of league night and have the standings for the whole division updated already. The games will start being churned in FargoRate a few hours later and be done in the morning.

SeniorTom

I checked my Fargo rating and so far only the four games I played for myself are entered, not the four games I played as a substitute.

SeniorTom

I checked my Fargo rating and so far only the four games I played for myself are entered, not the four games I played as a substitute.
I am replying to my own post to say that the last time games I played went into the Fargo system was on April 11th. I have played 12 games since then. It just takes a while for the system to catch up with what has been inputted I guess. It seems as though they can get somewhat behind in their inputting of games that have been submitted. I don't know exactly how the system works but that's what I am understanding.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am replying to my own post to say that the last time games I played went into the Fargo system was on April 11th. I have played 12 games since then. It just takes a while for the system to catch up with what has been inputted I guess. It seems as though they can get somewhat behind in their inputting of games that have been submitted. I don't know exactly how the system works but that's what I am understanding.
Here is what Mike Page said above about the scoring app FargoRate provides:

If you score on paper and wait for your league operator to input the scores, it is essentially the same process for him. But if you score on paper and wait for your league operator to input the scores, my advice is 'stop doing that!' It is way better to sit at the bar at the end of league night and have the standings for the whole division updated already. The games will start being churned in FargoRate a few hours later and be done in the morning.​
The delay is in your local people.

SeniorTom

Here is what Mike Page said above about the scoring app FargoRate provides:

If you score on paper and wait for your league operator to input the scores.​

But, if you score on paper and wait for your league operator to input the scores, my advice is 'stop doing that!​
I know I'm missing something, and I did read the above post prior to yours, but the info in your post and the prior one by Mike page seems a bit redundant in makeup. I divided this post up with just spacing to try to make my point. I'm not sure what I'm missing?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
.... I'm not sure what I'm missing?
I was quoting what Mike said, which I thought you might have overlooked. The main point is that your matches will appear in FargoRate within a day of when your league operator enters the data.