Ferrell aiming

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Seems to me the front of the cue ball is the side you are looking at, even if it is traveling away from you. We had a big argument, as usual, over this awhile back. On the other hand I always seem to confuse "itch" and "scratch" as in, "I itched a scratch on my arm" so don't go by me! :thumbup:

The backside is what you look at because it travels away.. like the back of a car.
Of course, not to be confused or argumentative, "I scratched an itch on my arm". :D

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The backside is what you look at because it travels away.. like the back of a car.
Of course, not to be confused or argumentative, "I scratched an itch on my arm". :D

Well, what some of us concluded the last time this came up is that there is no right or wrong answer. There is no front or back of a white sphere. There is a back or front of a car, regardless of what direction it is heading. It is only the convention of people being used to saying it one way or the other. My natural inclination is to call the side of the ball that I am looking at as the front even though it is going away from me. If everybody else said the opposite then I would use their terminology in order to be more clear. Still looks like the front to me, though!

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
Well, what some of us concluded the last time this came up is that there is no right or wrong answer. There is no front or back of a white sphere. There is a back or front of a car, regardless of what direction it is heading. It is only the convention of people being used to saying it one way or the other. My natural inclination is to call the side of the ball that I am looking at as the front even though it is going away from me. If everybody else said the opposite then I would use their terminology in order to be more clear. Still looks like the front to me, though!

Lol. I'm boarding Ralph's back of the ball bus, as in the back is what I feel like I'm looking at when I address the CB or look at the OB from the CB perspective. I remember the last debate on the subject, with the car or truck analogy. And I get that spheres have no front end or rear end. But I think of it as a directional determination.

In other words, from my view point behind the CB, if I use a draw stroke I will draw the CB back toward me. If not, I will send it forward, farther away from me. Even my stroke has a backward and forward motion that correlates to back and front position labels. The tip of my cue after the follow through is farther in front of me than it is on my back stroke. So, I've always thought of the ball as being addressed in this same directional format -- a forward rolling ball has its front facing the movement and I'm watching its backside as it moves away. Not sure what the official terminology is.

Ralph Kramden

BOOM!.. ZOOM!.. MOON!
Silver Member
Lol. I'm boarding Ralph's back of the ball bus, as in the back is what I feel like I'm looking at when I address the CB or look at the OB from the CB perspective. I remember the last debate on the subject, with the car or truck analogy. And I get that spheres have no front end or rear end. But I think of it as a directional determination.

In other words, from my view point behind the CB, if I use a draw stroke I will draw the CB back toward me. If not, I will send it forward, farther away from me. Even my stroke has a backward and forward motion that correlates to back and front position labels. The tip of my cue after the follow through is farther in front of me than it is on my back stroke. So, I've always thought of the ball as being addressed in this same directional format -- a forward rolling ball has its front facing the movement and I'm watching its backside as it moves away. Not sure what the official terminology is.

When you put draw on the CB, it is sometimes called reverse.
Draw wouldn't be in reverse if the CB front travels toward you.
But then, If you're thinking about hitting the OB full in the face.

Call it what you want. I hit the CB on the back to OB backside.
When I hit a dead straight in shot I'll hit the OB full in the face.

Go figure... :shrug:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
so much confusion with the depth that is the world.

We have truly lost our center

Picking nuts while walking in the woods you see things.

Try it lol

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
The center is the center no matter the pov. And of course the back of the object ball is the side opposite of the of the side you are looking at in relation to its center.

I've never seen a sphere where all I could see was its 0, 90, 180, 270 and 360 degree far edges from one perspective from center....to another and that same visual edge l saw be in the same place on the ball after moving in a totally unrelated direction.

Now I just gave away a big hint as to how and why this works call it an event horizon, Gaussian curve, apparent horizon whatever.....there will be confusion so call it the colors edge zone I don't care, just so everyone knows what it is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
From south Louisiana born and raised in th playground was where I spent most of my days chillin out maxing relaxing picking nuts after school so my mom could make some butter for the neighborhood.

Something something something eyes be aim well and eat more nuts now hot diggity dawg....good foe de ticker they say in the big city.

I don’t know me none of that autocadallic thing or nun that fancy math but I got me this gubment phone, well I just call it that because there’s no good name for the stuff that’s not as good as that.

But ethyl my brother in laws wife’s sisters....friend. She lives next door and when her dog killed my cat. Long story short I took her dam fancy prancy nut picker she wouldn’t shut up about.

And it is just peachy as hell fortuitous that a dumb son betch layke ma self (spits in. Copper bowl scores 10 pt). Needs a handy dandy diagram but yew know I gots to work and drawings sissy stuff....and lo and behold as I was walking out the door and ethyls nut picker fell and a bright light from heaven shined on it and the lord told me.

Now go forth Ed and tell them.

I ain’t trying to piss off the lord again before I go to bed so here goes nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
6ac4560aab8ef7ae4e7d5e7e822821b4.jpg

Well I'll be a monkeys uncle, look Clyde it looks like an onion hur HUR HUR
26fb2fb5d5e769f113cf27f2d3f91bc8.jpg
bdb2ce992f2104539a4245984445e012.jpg
8b178b88a8be9bd06e9a75551fdb9cf7.jpg
7f5bab719bf2323c8d4a0c1451c2033d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Do you have a picture of the front of that thar nut picker?

Well hell hand....what I look like eh?

Of course I got me a few them photographs of the front I added two one of the front so you could see the logo case you one som of a gun of a dual tool too.

Tho you done seen the other side in the rest since she all naked and such no innards atall ya spaek of.

Well maybuh that’s the inside or the back of the front side from where you push from maybe we could just call it far end away aiming man that be kinda far out....man .
e5a99ecf02882d13de495fe03a90cc32.jpg

a9a39ecd24b8c44491d7ce37ef23c62c.jpg
cf941b459455e778668494b7298d50a7.jpg

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
When you put draw on the CB, it is sometimes called reverse.
Draw wouldn't be in reverse if the CB front travels toward you.
But then, If you're thinking about hitting the OB full in the face.

Call it what you want. I hit the CB on the back to OB backside.
When I hit a dead straight in shot I'll hit the OB full in the face.

Go figure... :shrug:

So you would not think suggestions for straight ins to aim sit either the peak or base of ball?

Or players grounding their cues as well for the same reason.

Why do you think it’s suggested?

Because they are distinct points where generally there are none

Vorpal Cue

Just galumping back
Silver Member
From south Louisiana born and raised in th playground was where I spent most of my days chillin out maxing relaxing picking nuts after school so my mom could make some butter for the neighborhood.

Something something something eyes be aim well and eat more nuts now hot diggity dawg....good foe de ticker they say in the big city.

I don’t know me none of that autocadallic thing or nun that fancy math but I got me this gubment phone, well I just call it that because there’s no good name for the stuff that’s not as good as that.

But ethyl my brother in laws wife’s sisters....friend. She lives next door and when her dog killed my cat. Long story short I took her dam fancy prancy nut picker she wouldn’t shut up about.

And it is just peachy as hell fortuitous that a dumb son betch layke ma self (spits in. Copper bowl scores 10 pt). Needs a handy dandy diagram but yew know I gots to work and drawings sissy stuff....and lo and behold as I was walking out the door and ethyls nut picker fell and a bright light from heaven shined on it and the lord told me.

Now go forth Ed and tell them.

I ain’t trying to piss off the lord again before I go to bed so here goes nothing.

Bartender!!

I'll have one of what he's drinking.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Paultex had cornered the market on crazy around here but we have a new contender. :smile:

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Paultex had cornered the market on crazy around here but we have a new contender. :smile:

Crazy as in GENIUS?......why, thankyou (smug)

I shall study'ith the wheres and wears of the man/woman known as the greyghost. This is a man/woman who makes some sense around here and is a genius too but no where near my heights.

Let me speak in comunication that this person understands, and y'all rest......LIS'N to MEH.

THE CENTER OF THE CUEBALL IS RELATIVE TO THE SHOTLINE AND MISCUE LIMITS OF LEFT AND RIGHT OF SAID CUEBALL.

Dem miscue limits is no where near near where most think. Y'all still gots another tip width to go but it be around the corner n'shiiiittttt.

God bless. Take care. Im go'n in an don't wants to come out mang.

paultex

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AINT THAT RIGHT GREYGHOST???

(Now you're supposed to say)

Attachments

• 5i21ELi.jpg
    5i21ELi.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 152
Last edited: