Fractional aiming zones - new system

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Out of curiosity what system do you think he's talking about?

Maybe you shouldn't take offense to everything that resembles your system. :)

Offense! Hardly!
I didn't think that you could name any.....I am still curios! Name just one.

This was your second swipe at pivoting. If you bring it up, it's a fair question for discussion.

Stan Shuffett

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I'm really not sure what it's called. I've watched clips where guys call it CTE, and they pivot their cue from edge to center. I watch your clips and notice that you don't pivot. You step into the line. I have a friend that paid close to $500 for lessons from some guy in Ohio. I said "damn! $500? My book is $25!" He said he couldn't show me what he learned, but he shot a couple of shots using some sort of outside to inside pivot. He did well at Derby City, so I guess he's happy with his $500 lesson.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Offense! Hardly!
I didn't think that you could name any.....I am still curios! Name just one.

This was your second swipe at pivoting. If you bring it up, it's a fair question for discussion.

Stan Shuffett

Why even make a comment to the op about pivot gimmicks?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why even make a comment to the op about pivot gimmicks?

Great question. Previously in this thread he promoted his system as void of any guess work, no trickery and no pivot gimmicks.

I think just highlighting his work as no guess work would be sufficient promotion in and of itself.
That's strong. NO GUESS WORK.

Stan Shuffett

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
So true. A lot of factors come into play. But knowing exactly what aim point is required visually makes it much easier to adjust for dirty ball friction and applied spin. I've put a lot of work into my book because I want average players to get better. I watch bar league players struggle to run 5 balls on an open table, a barbox to beat it all. And a few of these guys and gals have been playing pool for 10 years or more! I hope my book will help them. That's why I wrote it. Well, a little extra beer money would be nice, and maybe a dollar or two to fund my wife's treatments.

You got me curious, you have a link as where to buy this. I hope your wifes doing ok.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
Great question. Previously in this thread he promoted his system as void of any guess work, no trickery and no pivot gimmicks.

I think just highlighting his work as no guess work would be sufficient promotion in and of itself.
That's strong. NO GUESS WORK.

Stan Shuffett

I'm sure he realizes there's no magic bullet for making balls. He just started posting, lets give the guy a chance.:)

He starts getting out of line, us naysayers will straighten him out.:)

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
I suppose the word "gimmick" was a little much. After 30+ years of playing pool, I've gotten in the habit of naming everything that isn't hard-learned/earned a gimmick or slick trick. Time has changed the process of learning for pool players. It's better, but I'm still a little old school.

When I first came up with these zones for determining fractional aim points, I had a hard time putting my instinct aside in order to test the new aiming method. A shot would come up that required a quarter aim, and my instinct would whisper, "bullshit", so I'd shoot it my way instead of the method I was trying to prove, and miss the pocket by an inch. Trusting any system or new method is tough for any player with experience. My book is geared toward average players, the C player or B player that struggles with shot-making consistency.

GoldenFlash

Banned
I'm sure he realizes there's no magic bullet for making balls. He just started posting, lets give the guy a chance.:) He starts getting out of line, us naysayers will straighten him out.:)
Then he can join up with the FedEx and become a hall of famer.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
as a student of the game
i purchased and i have started to read the ops material
the presentation is straight forward
and i havent seen his method to determine cut angles before
he also talks about how to "tweak "your aim for the cuts that are "in between"straight in ..3/4..1/2..1/4
he explains how to use his system for kicking and banking
i havent taken it to the table yet but i think this wil be a very usefull method for less experienced players to learn how to determine cut angles and how to aim to make them
for the more experienced who already have learned to "see" the cut angles
the method gives you a way to verify if you are not sure and you may find his kicking and banking approach a novel way to aim those to make them
the price is right and to me worth it

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you. I wasn't sure how the material would be received. With so much to write, I was very selective and to the point as far as what to include in the book. I appreciate all the support I can get.

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Thank you. Please let me know what you think of it. All feedback is beneficial, as it will only make the product better.

I'm sure I've left some vital piece of info out of it, pushing myself to get it finished. I tried to keep it short and to the point, but I could've rushed parts of it, like the brief section on banking and kicking. Anyway, thanks again.

Last edited:

PoolCat

Registered
Book review - Poolology

I rarely post because I'm hoping to learn from those who are experts.

I received the book on Friday, put in a lot of table time over the week end.

I can say that it does cover shots from all over the table. There is no guess work and no pivot. It contains some math understanding which becomes easier as you progress. I would consider it a method or a tool. The most helpful part in my opinion is that it does not need a mathematical proof. It is a mathematical proof.

Saying more or giving some examples would give away the plot.

Mike

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the review! The more you use it, the less you'll need it, if that makes any sense.

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
Got my copy the other day. It is very well written and easy to understand. Haven't been to a table yet but like 8pack said ...it helps to learn the table.

I also like to keep things simple and this seems to fit right in with that idea.

Thanks for your work!

BC21

Gold Member
Silver Member
Got my copy the other day. It is very well written and easy to understand. Haven't been to a table yet but like 8pack said ...it helps to learn the table.

I also like to keep things simple and this seems to fit right in with that idea.

Thanks for your work!

Let me know what you think about it after putting it to use on the table. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send me an email or msg.

Thanks!!

tonythetiger583

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm just curious if it covers shots that are thinner than a quarter ball hit?

Does it address how to aim at shots thinner than a quarter ball hit? If the system is mostly about determining the angle of the shot, I'm still interested. But having something concrete to aim at is what I'm more concerned with.

I have a couple of weak players on my team. I taught them that shaft alignment aim system. You point the left side of your shaft at the contact point for left cuts and vice versa. It get's them in the right direction at least, but it's incredibly flawed.