Friends and Fans Auction Items for Living Legend Buddy Hall

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Doesn't Matchroom pay Co-captains?

We NEED Buddy there and I'm pretty sure it would be the hi-lite of the year for him.

Matt,

You would also have to direct that question to Johnny on Facebook. I only asked him how much he needed. I didn't question him on any of it.

I think it would be awesome if we raised 10k for Buddy. Show these young people how the community will rally for one of their Legends. Even 10k is pennies of what someone would get in any other sport to Co-Captain in a production like this.

Ray

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
You Gotta be Kidding!

Most of us on AZ love pool but lack in talent to make it at the Pro ranks. We have worked full time for all of our lives! Lately, including now, players that have never worked a day in their lives and pissed away tens of thousands of dollars look for help! Someone picked Buddy as a non playing co-captain...let them foot the bill. Sorry for the venting but getting tired of the "Oh poor me" attitude of Pro players that never worked a day in their lives and are looking for sympathy!

Wedge

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Most of us on AZ love pool but lack in talent to make it at the Pro ranks. We have worked full time for all of our lives! Lately, including now, players that have never worked a day in their lives and pissed away tens of thousands of dollars look for help! Someone picked Buddy as a non playing co-captain...let them foot the bill. Sorry for the venting but getting tired of the "Oh poor me" attitude of Pro players that never worked a day in their lives and are looking for sympathy!

Wedge

I agree with all the above, and yes let Johnny A. pay his way. $4500 LMAO. Johnnyt

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Wedge

Hey Hey.. take a step back here y'all. "THEY" ARE paying his way. They raised donated items that can become a fantastic memorabilia piece for someone's collection. Nobody wants charity here.

Bid on an item if you like it and like the value. Don't bid if you don't like the item.

If the Schick cue is worth 4,000, it shouldn't go for 2000 just because of what Buddy expenses are. These are some great items that will adorn someones man cave for years to come with fond memories,

Ray

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I'm in for $200 on a jersey as well... would like to pick it up from Johnny A at his pool hall like the last charity jersey I bought of his.

Ray, see if you can get team USA to commit to XX amount of signed team photos at $20 each. I imagine lots would like to get memorabilia but might not have a lot of cash on hand to donate.

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i assume the joint and hoppe ring are ivory
yes??

Here are the details from Bill Schick:

Honduran mahogany into rock maple
Rambow bottom
phenolic joint
bronze pin
Maple , Ebony & Ivory bands
Shaft is standard maple shaft.

Attachments

• 20131013_223014-1.jpg
    20131013_223014-1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 879

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Does

Does any of the five Mosconi Cup members and/or the non-playing co-captain post on AZ...just curious!

Wedge

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I'm in for $200 on a jersey as well... would like to pick it up from Johnny A at his pool hall like the last charity jersey I bought of his.

Ray, see if you can get team USA to commit to XX amount of signed team photos at $20 each. I imagine lots would like to get memorabilia but might not have a lot of cash on hand to donate.

The Jersey's will have both teams autographs!! The photos would be cool. I'll suggest that to Johnny.

I need to know which Jersey you are bidding on. We currently have commitments from Rodney and Johnny(of course).

They are working on more items but as you know they have just begun the U.S.Open and need to focus right now. I only have a few players that I will even try to communicate with while they are playing.

Thanks Dallas.

Ray

Prey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Is Buddy sick or something? Is that why the money is being collected for the trip?

DallasHopps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Barking4Action didn't specify which he was bidding on, so I just went with the "other" jersey. If he doesn't have a preference then I'll take another Johnny A jersey... He's slim enough that the shirt's easy to frame! I assume that he (Johnny A) would be ok holding Rodney's jersey for me to pick up in the event Barking4Action wanted the Archer jersey.

Here's a picture of the last jersey I got. I did the best I could displaying it, and it looks pretty neat I think. Better than a mass-printed movie poster!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 804
Last edited:

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Nah...in fact, I'm sure either Buddy or Johnny could afford to pay for Buddy to come to Vegas. Neither of them are broke. What Johnny is doing, is collecting donations to auction off to pay for Buddy's trip. I think that's a smart idea, and nothing wrong with it. The value of pool memorabilia is what it is. If they start asking for cash donations, that would be b.s., imo.

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Is Buddy sick or something? Is that why the money is being collected for the trip?

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
***We are also accepting items and cash donations. Cash donation Paypal will be listed soon. Please private message here on AZ if you would like to add a product to the "send Buddy to Mosconi" fund raiser.

Most of you are already aware that Buddy Hall will be Co Captain to Johnny Archer this year for the Mosconi Cup in vegas. I have agreed to post this for Johnny to help get Buddy there.

Buddy Hall is one of the "Living Legends" of our sport. He is one of Johnny's heros that has been an inspiration to Johnny for many years. The cost of getting buddy to Vegas and to back will be near $4,500.00!! So here is what we are doing......

$4500!!! Wow is he flying first class and staying in a suite at the Wynn? Don't get me wrong.. I'm all for fundraisers but this number seems to be double what the cost of this would be... The Mosconi Cup is Mon-Thurs so room rates in Vegas are low plus you can fly pretty much from anywhere in the country to Vegas roundtrip for less than $400 during that time. Just not sure where the $4500 calculation comes from.

Hey, a man's got to eat! :rolleyes:

Here's what I'm willing to contribute to Buddy's cause. I will get a tournament program signed by all ten players, plus the TV commentators and donate it to the winning bidder. How much is that worth? Bid away :smile:

NYC cue dude

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Either bid, or don't

Look, either bid, or don't. Obviously, it doesn't cost $4,500 to fly into and stay in Vegas for a week. Probably no more than 2 grand. What I think is happening is that the American team is trying to get Buddy there and paid a little for his time. Which is fair, IMO. Top pros travel for exhibitions and get paid a couple of grand. It's no different here.

Now, if you are interested, bid. If not, don't. No one is getting rich here. Obviously, Matchroom balked at paying the extra coach. Buddy shouldn't eat it. The other 5 players shouldn't either. They aren't getting paid a lot anyway. So, if enough money can be raised through an auction of goods, great. Presumably the bidders appreciate the value of what is on offer. The guy who is really contributing here is Bill Schick. He's putting out a cue, although not really a fancy one, and getting nothing in return. My hats off to him.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Here's what I'm willing to contribute to Buddy's cause. I will get a tournament program signed by all ten players, plus the TV commentators and donate it to the winning bidder. How much is that worth? Bid away :smile:

$100 - done

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0

Thats awesome Jay. Thanks for getting involved!

Ray