Hello from Mezz USA

Mezz USA

Exclusive Mezz Dist.
Silver Member
Hi brilliance,

Yes, the new Hybrid Alpha Shaft will be available in North America in the next few weeks. It is the standard shaft for the new ACE Series. We will have more information on www.mezzcues.us soon. You will also be able to purchase it as a replacement/spare shaft as well.

Thanks,
Caroline

brilliance said:
Joint??

Also there is a new MEZZ shaft available in Japan, its a new generation of Hybrid shaft, when its going to be available here?

vin

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
if i have a mezz shaft(lets say hybrid2 or the new alpha shaft) fit in my custom cue's butt, will it hit the same or not?

dgem

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mezz USA said:
Hi dgem,

Mezz does provide warranty on their products which will be taken care of on a case to case basis.

Thanks,
Caroline

Thanks, how about warpage and ferrule breakage?

instroke2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Caroline,

Any word as far as the new Alpha series shafts or Ace series cues in North America? I don't see any info on the Mezz us web-site.

Yes, the new Hybrid Alpha Shaft will be available in North America in the next few weeks. It is the standard shaft for the new ACE Series. We will have more information on www.mezzcues.us soon. You will also be able to purchase it as a replacement/spare shaft as well.

Thanks,
Caroline[/QUOTE]

poolsnark

Clique Wannabe
Silver Member
brilliance said:
Is WD700 shaft 12.5mm or 12.8mm as advertised on some web sites?

Caroline can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but from what I've seen, they used to be 12.8mm but are now 12.5mm. Can't even begin to tell you how much I dig Mezz cues btw. Totally underrated here in the states.

oncue4u

14.1 to life
Mezz shafts

Caroline was nice enough to sell and ship me a new WD700 shaft.
After test driving it, I have to say I prefer the hit, low deflection characteristics more than the Predator (Z2, 314-2), OB1, and the Universal Smart Shafts.
The WD700 has a better hit, more feedback than the other 5 shafts I have in my cue case. Hit resembles a one piece shaft. I have not tried the Hybrid, but if it has anything down the center of the shaft (core) then it probably hits kinda dead like the others I have. IMO

instroke2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever happened to Caroline... she doesn't seem to monitor the threads anymore,
is she still with Mezz?

GMAC

Flip it.
Silver Member
Yes she is still with Mezz

instroke2 said:
Whatever happened to Caroline... she doesn't seem to monitor the threads anymore,
is she still with Mezz?

She is playing in the WPA event this week. I recently purchased a new Mezz Ace series from her with the Alpha shaft. The stick hits real nice. Low deflection but very different from a predator. It was a much easier adjustment for me coming off a standard maple shaft. I tried predator several times and couldn't adjust. The alpha shaft adjustment was a lot easier for me and was exactly what I was looking for something between a predator and a standard deflection cue.

instroke2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just about a said:
She is playing in the WPA event this week. I recently purchased a new Mezz Ace series from her with the Alpha shaft. The stick hits real nice. Low deflection but very different from a predator. It was a much easier adjustment for me coming off a standard maple shaft. I tried predator several times and couldn't adjust. The alpha shaft adjustment was a lot easier for me and was exactly what I was looking for something between a predator and a standard deflection cue.

Mezz Ace, you got to be the first one to own one here. Congrats, does your's have the United joint or the Wavy? And had you had the chance to compare the two? Did you get the Ace805?... that's the one I have my eye on

Pool Player

A Padawan Learner
Silver Member
Mezz USA said:
Hi Quanz,

Mezz does carry replacement shafts that will fit a 5/16x14 pin. Please contact info@mezzcues.us for more information.

Thanks,
Caroline

Hi Caroline,

Does Mezz carry the replacement shafts that will fit into a Viking's Quick Release?

Thanks,
Stephen

Kurida

Registered
Finally the secret is out! IMO Mezz HP2 is the best shaft there is today. I am really amazed how Mezz was able to make a shaft that hits like a solid conventional shaft but has low deflection. I'ved played with predator shafts for 3 years. I had the original 314, next gen 314, 314-2, Z, Z2, sure I played well with all of them, loved them during that time... but after 5 to 10 test shots with HP2, I knew right away that I will never go back to predators. I don't have my HP2 now, Alex Pagulayan is currently using it. But what I have now is the HP2 he was using then, we traded shafts because my shaft had been tapered already and he felt it was a better fit for him(for his hands that is). I played and tested all mezz shafts except for the alpha. This is how I see it.
Hybrid- very stiff, conventional deflection properties
Hybrid pro-very stiff, lower deflection than Hybrid, tip diameter 12.8mm
Hybrid pro 2-stiff, low deflection, almost like 314-2, tip diameter 12.5mm
WD700-stiff, deflection between HP and HP2
predators- soft, whippy, low deflection(of course), if you get a stiff 314, it will have higher deflection

best overall shaft: HP2
These are just my honest observations.

Last edited:

Suaro

Registered
I'm interested in the Ace-Series model 807 /w hybrid pro alpha shaft.
Is Caroline (Mezz) the only place I can buy one ? or are there any other distributers online I can purchase from ?