I’ve never been banned from a forum until yesterday

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
FYI - all of China is communist China.

JBs lived there for years - surely he will return at some time.

Dale
Been in ok for three years. You all have been waiting a while for a bash John thread haven't you?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ha yeah he seems like a pretty ridiculous person.

I've been selling very expensive custom cues for over a decade and I go to sell a mezz production break cue on that forum and use a stock image for one of my pictures... I mean it's a production break cue and it looks exactly the same as all of them.

Anyway I get a message at like 1am about not being able to use stock images so I write back that it's no problem and that I'm in bed but I'll take a new pic of the cue in the morning before work.

I wake up in the morning and my post is gone.

Some of these admins on these forums take things way too far. Never seen such little power go to people's heads. It's not that serious.
Yes and I addressed that issue by asking the mods to not delete if the member said that they would correct. What you don't even consider is that we get a barrage of messages reporting such ads from the members. Because the Facebook tools are so poor it's possible that one mod might allow a part and another might delete it based on different reports. Sometime accidents happen.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LOL really?

Half the audience? Newsflash - you don't know what my sales are and of the sales I make the politics of my buyers runs the spectrum. In fact some diehard conservatives with whom I have had great debates with are some of my best customers. We laugh about our differences.

Presuming that everyone with different politics is so shallow as to not do business with each others is naive at best.

Yes, really.

And my point is not nearly as naive as is thinking that a loudly expressed polarizing political view does not alienate a portion of potential customers. It's only a guess and no, I don't know this factually, but it appears to me that your business may be at the outer edges that it's infrastructure can support anyway so what's a few sales more or less?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yes, really.

And my point is not nearly as naive as is thinking that a loudly expressed polarizing political view does not alienate a portion of potential customers. It's only a guess and no, I don't know this factually, but it appears to me that your business may be at the outer edges that it's infrastructure can support anyway so what's a few sales more or less?
I have been fading the "won't buy from you because of what you say" nonsense from random people trying to control me for twenty years. Hasn't stopped me yet. If you really want to see me go out of business then build a better product, have a nearly unlimited amount of customization, sell it for less, and spend years building great relationships with customers who are content to let you be who you are. The last part is not necessary if you intend to keep your mouth shut and pander for business.

Knowing I don't have to be an intellectual prostitute for money is very liberating.

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He did complain and was offered a super easy resolution that would have had him back on instantly.

The super easy resolution that John is describing was to say some childish (for lack of a better word) password or pass phrase to Stephen
I’m not a child I’m a businessman so yes I declined

And the original post I made is here is 100% accurate
I didn’t distinguish what level of access Stephens wanted
To chucks computer but my point remains any level of remote access to his personal computer would be overstepping his authority.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yes, really.

Also yes some people won't buy from me because of my views. I can't do anything about their choices. People like that are always looking for someone excuse to criticize and punish. I focus on the people who do actually order and give them the best case we can build with a lifetime warranty. And since I can do math I have been able to figure out just how many cases we need to make to have a secure life for ourselves and our staff. We can ramp up anytime and choose not to. I am not on the growth because we are expected to treadmill.

So potential customers who have political views as a criteria don't matter one tiny bit to me because I already know that the vast majority don't care what my views are. They want a great case with a lifetime warranty built the way they want it

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
The super easy resolution that John is describing was to say some childish (for lack of a better word) password or pass phrase to Stephen
I’m not a child I’m a businessman so yes I declined

And the original post I made is here is 100% accurate
I didn’t distinguish what level of access Stephens wanted
To chucks computer but my point remains any level of remote access to his personal computer would be overstepping his authority.
And again you are not the arbiter of what level of authority exists on a forum you don't own. A moderator can request any member to prove their claims in whatever way they decide will be sufficient to resolve the issue.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
And since some of you chose to bring my business into a discussion that has nothing to do with my business let's have some show and tell.

dbed8a9d1496cfffed41941718075ff9.jpg

86a8e08dc81bdc4bfea6fc33394eba16.jpg

f9cbb2f02370d130f7b27dedd153d07e.jpg

83fe66cffa2eb890fad81ae0454841ae.jpg

2cc5b7bd65c380b74ecb6fd5a3f329ff.jpg

15f7480e56c1aff18f2b4f08af9475c7.jpg

2720e5ef60cd4a220fa0aeb68359a924.jpg

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Thank you for the opportunity to show off our stuff for the few readers who can overlook my habit of being forthright about my views.

Sweatin'

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have been fading the "won't buy from you because of what you say" nonsense from random people trying to control me for twenty years. Hasn't stopped me yet. If you really want to see me go out of business then build a better product, have a nearly unlimited amount of customization, sell it for less, and spend years building great relationships with customers who are content to let you be who you are. The last part is not necessary if you intend to keep your mouth shut and pander for business.

Knowing I don't have to be an intellectual prostitute for money is very liberating.

I certainly hope you don't go out of business. I love your cases and think they're a fair deal, and will likely keep buying them. I wish you nothing but the best.

I simply think that your loudly expressed political opinions combined with your combatant nature on the internet cost you sales. I doubt this is the first time you've heard this. It is, however, none of my business. And you don't care, so it's really academic.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Also yes some people won't buy from me because of my views. I can't do anything about their choices. People like that are always looking for someone excuse to criticize and punish. I focus on the people who do actually order and give them the best case we can build with a lifetime warranty. And since I can do math I have been able to figure out just how many cases we need to make to have a secure life for ourselves and our staff. We can ramp up anytime and choose not to. I am not on the growth because we are expected to treadmill.

So potential customers who have political views as a criteria don't matter one tiny bit to me because I already know that the vast majority don't care what my views are. They want a great case with a lifetime warranty built the way they want it

We've had a few battles in the past, but MY cues are going in a JB case no matter how much we disagree. Lol.

Any time John is in town I always stop by and say hi - you won't find better people anywhere, and for all the JB haters, meet him in person then decide if you want the best case made or something else.
Jason

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Ok back on topic. Our moderator did nothing wrong. I went back to read the thread and he laid out the situation and asked the cue maker to screen share in order to prove the cue maker's claims.

Here is the thread.
https://m.facebook.com/groups/300568540114537?view=permalink&id=780434178794635

Andrew inserted himself unnecessarily. As a member he is in fact the one who overstepped the boundaries and he caused there to be extra controversy where no more was needed.

After careful consideration and with a heavy heart because I have only known Andrew to be a good person I am going to let the ban stand until such time as he and Stephen work it out. Stephen is a very good person as well and this exchange rubbed him the wrong way as did the private conversations that followed.

It sucks that it comes to this between good people but Andrew is in the wrong and needs to accept that and make amends in order to gain access to OBM.

c9751858e792f9e2c0cc66ebaa48b1fe.jpg

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For me this has never been about the quality of Johns cases or character

Last edited:

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That makes a lot of sense and it's cool that the moderator was willing the invest and coordinate the time to look at the evidence.

Anyone can spoof screenshots and edit emails and chats that they provide themselves as evidence, but if someone using a web browser logged into the official Facebook or Gmail websites and showed me the chats and mails from the past, that'd be solid.

I never said that Stephen requesting that wouldn’t be an effective way of seeing if chuck bates doctored some private messages

I said that the request is an overstep of authority

Arounceville

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's not as he says. Who saw that coming?

It is precisely as I said , the post I made here is 100% accurate
There is a long list of private messages between Stephen and I that backs my story

Including you and Stephen attempting to make me Kiss the ring in order to be let back in.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I never said that Stephen requesting that wouldn’t be an effective way of seeing if chuck bates doctored some private messages

I said that the request is an overstep of authority
And in that you are wrong. Specifically you said that it is an overstep of the perceived authority. Which can only mean your perception and not Stephen's since he actually has the authority to do whatever he feels is necessary to resolve the situation. That is the trust I have placed in the moderators.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It is precisely as I said , the post I made here is 100% accurate
There is a long list of private messages between Stephen and I that backs my story

Including you and Stephen attempting to make me Kiss the ring in order to be let back in.
Well feel free to post them as you threatened to do earlier. All that can happen now is to have total transparency. I certainly believe that people will be fully able to understand the dynamics at play and the tone that you, Stephen, and myself displayed while trying to resolve this completely unnecessary situation.