I’ve never been banned from a forum until yesterday

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It takes a truckload of balls to ask someone for "remote access" to their computer. F,(uck) that SOB and OBM. They can ban me if I don't leave that group 1st!
He wasn't asking for remote access. He was asking for a screen share. The latter give ZERO control to the viewer. At no time did the moderator ask for CONTROL or ACCESS to a member's computer. He asked for a real-time view of the screen while the member SHOWED him the unmodified chat conversation to verify what was being said in our group.

And this was to attempt to help both parties resolve the situation as OBM is about keeping OBM and other groups scammer free.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
some of those guys really let this shit go their head.

there's usually 3 sides to bad deal, buyers, sellers & the truth

but to suggest he get access to anyone's computer is just fukn rediculous

Well then good that this is not what was being requested.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Just another day in the clown car of OBM. Who would ever guess that John Barton is in charge of this 'well oiled machine'? It's like the scientology of pool.

Hmm, well seems that 35k members and hundreds of thousands in transactions says otherwise.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I just bought another Volturi case for that reason. Everyone rants and raves about his cases but I refuse to give my money to someone who behaves as he does...

Well Volturi guy threatened to murder my family. So you chose wisely.

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can see this thread disintegrating into a shit throwing contest right before my eyes.

John answered Andrew directly and very candidly and admitted pullling the trigger too quickly.

However, his subsequent explanation makes sense and the best thing is for either Andrew or
Johm to pick up the phone and discuss this cordially and in earnest. We have two friggin' world
leaders tweeting crap at each other and you can see how well that's faring......we do not need
to invite more of the same bullshit exchanging rants when a person to person phone conversation
could accomplish so much more.....and also minimize the opportunity for misunderstandings too.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I can see this thread disintegrating into a shit throwing contest right before my eyes.

John answered Andrew directly and very candidly and admitted pullling the trigger too quickly.

However, his subsequent explanation makes sense and the best thing is for either Andrew or
Johm to pick up the phone and discuss this cordially and in earnest. We have two friggin' world
leaders tweeting crap at each other and you can see how well that's faring......we do not need
to invite more of the same bullshit exchanging rants when a person to person phone conversation
could accomplish so much more.....and also minimize the opportunity for misunderstandings too.
We had a phone conversation and I told Andrew I would look into it when I had time. I was on the phone with customers and had four chats going when he forced a phone call and subsequent chat. I then took the time to set it up so that he could get back in easily.

But he chose not to do that and here we are.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Is this where we start posting screenshots?

So a new and interesting development has taken place I was banned from the open billiards market on Facebook ( I’ve never been banned from any forum)
The story : a random hobbyist cue maker appears to have been involved in a shady deal ( most likely the cue maker is the one at fault from my understanding of the situation )
One of the administrators of the open billiards market has launched his own investigation into the deal . (The deal was not affiliated with the open billiards market and transpired 2 years ago if that matters ) the OBM administrator doubts the veracity of some screen shots between the cue maker, the customer and him self
His solution to this problem is that the cue maker should allow him ( Facebook forum administrator)to remotely connect to his computer so that he can get to the bottom of this.
This is where i get involved in the thread and express that requesting that Chuck Bates give any sort of access to his computer is a significant overstep of his authority.
Myself and the administrator has a fairly civil debate about this and a little bit later a couple other people express a similar opinion as mine, at that point the administrator removes all of my comments from the thread and shortly after that bans me from the group
After some more back and forth messaging with him myself and the owner of the group I’m told that if I want allowed back in the groups I need to apologized buy texting him some non sense about “playing Stupid games win stupid prizes”
So my take on this is that his response to being questioned about overstepped his authority is to again overstep his authority ( ban me) and then insist on a special apology if I want back in.

I didn’t break any rules
His behavior in our private messages is almost child like
John Bartons response is to apologize to me for his administrators behavior but say that he cant fix this because he can’t afford the lose this guy as an administrator

That is such BS. You were in the right by telling him that he was overstepping his authority or whatever, and I cant believe that john barton would side with his admin in this situation. Your admins (if you were the founder of a forum or the owner of it) should be good and understanding people. I think the admins on open billiard market are a bunch of jerks (they always have been that way to me anyways, in my opinion).

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
That is such BS. You were in the right by telling him that he was overstepping his authority or whatever, and I cant believe that john barton would side with his admin in this situation. Your admins (if you were the founder of a forum or the owner of it) should be good and understanding people. I think the admins on open billiard market are a bunch of jerks (they always have been that way to me anyways, in my opinion).
You're wrong. First of all you have zero clue what authority is granted to a moderator. But I will tell you, our mods have the authority to do whatever they feel is right to try and maintain peace and resolve situations that come up on our forums.

Secondly, if you think that any member has the right to stick their nose in and disrupt a moderator when he is trying to resolve a situation he will find out that the person who holds the ban hammer is not worth antagonizing.

I have a little experience with that.... Just because you think you're right doesn't mean you are and even if you are pressing the issue publicly might not be the wisest choice.

Type79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I accept rules, especially on Facebook, but I have a problem with rules that are vague and the "be cool" rule is vague rule because it is undefined and open to wide interpretation.

Several Facebook pages have stated they have a quote/unquote "Be cool" rule, but it should work both ways. In the past some mods and admins have crossed the line with all four wheels.

Probably the most extreme example were the public posts about the burning of a certain cue makers cue which was initiated by an admin.

The meat incident was unseemly as well.

Andy is not the only person I know of who was banned from a Facebook page for little reason. For all I know, I'll be banned for speaking-up.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I accept rules, especially on Facebook, but I have a problem with rules that are vague and the "be cool" rule is vague rule because it is undefined and open to wide interpretation.

Several Facebook pages have stated they have a quote/unquote "Be cool" rule, but it should work both ways. In the past some mods and admins have crossed the line with all four wheels.

Probably the most extreme example were the public posts about the burning of a certain cue makers cue which was initiated by an admin.

The meat incident was unseemly as well.

Andy is not the only person I know of who was banned from a Facebook page for little reason. For all I know, I'll be banned for speaking-up.
The be cool rule was enacted to stop people from being annoying. If you're disruptive you get removed even if you broke no other rule.

No rule exists without thought and discussion behind it.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yeah bro, that place can be tough lol. I'm just a guessin, but was " Daniel " whom you speak of lol???

Have yall heard the recent story about ALL the admims sending a cue case full
of rotten meat to someone they felt was a deadbeat??? Lol
No such thing happened that the admins sent rotten meat. I know something happened but it was not directed by all of the admins or sanctioned by myself or in the name of obm.

Regardless of anything and everything else, he does now in fact have the largest marketplace for any and every type of cue on Facebook ( and with that said probably anywhere for that matter ) , so like him or not if your either dealing in cues or want access to the absolute biggest marketplace you must kinda look the other way if anything gets to ya.

It needs a good feedback system though, i think. At least this forum has a good feedback system that you can look at (in order to see what type of person you are thinking about dealing with).

JC

Coos Cues
You're wrong. First of all you have zero clue what authority is granted to a moderator. But I will tell you, our mods have the authority to do whatever they feel is right to try and maintain peace and resolve situations that come up on our forums.

Secondly, if you think that any member has the right to stick their nose in and disrupt a moderator when he is trying to resolve a situation he will find out that the person who holds the ban hammer is not worth antagonizing.

I have a little experience with that.... Just because you think you're right doesn't mean you are and even if you are pressing the issue publicly might not be the wisest choice.

Why would anyone want to belong to a group governed by this ^^^?

Screw Facebook

JC

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
John lives in Oklahoma City. His cases are made in China. I don't know if it's Communist China or not?
I have a Wins case not that it matters. He's a acquaintance on Facebook. Nothing more, nothing less FWIW.
So what's the point of attaching and attacking my business here?

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Cases

Posters mention buying a case from roger or elsewhere due to their dislike of johns doings....
The only person who's got the disadvantage is not John...you all do yourself a favor and study the products you buy unless you hate your money...
I also find it funny that ppl here talk down on Chinese/Asian made products.... there are some very nice/fine products made/produced in China/Asia, such as electronics we use daily and many of the musical instruments/equipment that we listen to and use so much.
Oh! Don't forget the Japanese technology of fuel injectors and overhead cams that just about all of our daily drivers engines runs on...

Rob.M

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
He asked for a real-time view of the screen while the member SHOWED him the unmodified chat conversation to verify what was being said in our group.

That makes a lot of sense and it's cool that the moderator was willing the invest and coordinate the time to look at the evidence.

Anyone can spoof screenshots and edit emails and chats that they provide themselves as evidence, but if someone using a web browser logged into the official Facebook or Gmail websites and showed me the chats and mails from the past, that'd be solid.