If you plan to fly to Vegas

8up

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do not book thru cheaptickets dot com or Orbitz(parent company). I got an email this morning from them offering a rt ticket from Nashville to Las Vegas for $51.

I tried to book it 1 minute later and the cheapest price was $287. I went through their Chat help and then through their phone customer service. 4 calls later and 6 people later I had been on the phone 1hr 40 min. The answer from everyone was the same. The seats were already sold. I was refused when I ask to speak to someone above the first mans supervisor. I asked them for the airline that this deal was offered from but they refused to say. They did transfer twice between cheaptickets and Orbitz. I told them I thought they had falsly advertised this and only wanted to confirm that the price was even offered through an airline. They still refused. I had booked through them in the past but told them this would not happen again and I would do my best thru posting in forums what they had done as well as BBB. They said do what you have to and have a great day. This is pool related as many here fly to vegas to play in tournaments and I was hoping to fly out and play for a couple days with Smokey.

I did a search and found many complaints on this company on consumer alerts. Everything from changing rates after booking to holding money for 2 weeks after they made a mistake as well as advertising fake fares.

Please save yourself the headache and heartache. Missing a flight to a major event you qualified for due to them could make your want to do postal.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
we understand the frustration...

This is America: if it is too good to believe, then it prob isn't true. And it is probably Lawyer-approved too.

Do not book thru cheaptickets dot com or Orbitz(parent company). I got an email this morning from them offering a rt ticket from Nashville to Las Vegas for $51.

I tried to book it 1 minute later and the cheapest price was $287. I went through their Chat help and then through their phone customer service. 4 calls later and 6 people later I had been on the phone 1hr 40 min. The answer from everyone was the same. The seats were already sold. I was refused when I ask to speak to someone above the first mans supervisor. I asked them for the airline that this deal was offered from but they refused to say. They did transfer twice between cheaptickets and Orbitz. I told them I thought they had falsly advertised this and only wanted to confirm that the price was even offered through an airline. They still refused. I had booked through them in the past but told them this would not happen again and I would do my best thru posting in forums what they had done as well as BBB. They said do what you have to and have a great day. This is pool related as many here fly to vegas to play in tournaments and I was hoping to fly out and play for a couple days with Smokey.

I did a search and found many complaints on this company on consumer alerts. Everything from changing rates after booking to holding money for 2 weeks after they made a mistake as well as advertising fake fares.

Please save yourself the headache and heartache. Missing a flight to a major event you qualified for due to them could make your want to do postal.