Johnny Archer's Buddy Hall Fund Raiser

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
I bid with ten minutes left to go. I think $330 pretty good to donate. I'm glad you happy I got screwed out of what would have been a really cool center piece with was going to showcase the magazine and shirt in the same frame. Not gonna happen now you want the magazine?

i apologize - i was kidding & trying to lighten the mood herein, till taken care of tomorrow by JA. i did just pull my sig's from Mosconi - and yours on Rodney, is authentic. perhaps that's the sig i vaguely recall? i should check my videos.

there's no excuse for your memorabilia not being as purchased. as we sit here & recant those 2.5 days, i said:
JA HAD ALL OF DAY 4 TO GET THE SIGNATURES....

i don't know why you didn't get them. except it was crazy after, and US was a little "ïrritated". much like 2 yrs ago. but i'm sure that JA will make it right. if not - PM me!

again, i apologize for pissing you off. wasn't intended as such.

Last edited:

fat Albert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just sat here at @ 2Am and read through this post as well as the complete Buddy Hall Bid post by Big Truck.....( NOT SAYING THERE IS OR IS NOT A PROBLEM THERE MAY BE REAL ISSUES OR CONCERNS )..But my goodness if the problem is with Johnny Archer where is the post that someone has gone or even attempted to go to Johnny with their concerns and been met with no reply or willingness or assurrances to clear up the concerns ?? Which unhappy bidder has done that??? Anybody ??? Who are you ??? Where are you ??? What is your name ??? When that has been done and met with disregard or no response then you may be right.But to start here on a thread !!! ( Please !! Please !! have the courtesy and decency to at least ask the girl out on a date and let her turn you down before you publically chastize her for not going out with you )

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Johnny should have negative iTrader for this. Facts are facts. barking4action was sold a shirt with signatures from "EVERYONE" and received only Rodney's. False advertisement and poor execution. Johnny should be ashamed.

You can chastise me for calling a spade a spade all you want, but Johnny failed to fulfill the obligation that he put on himself. All this was to support Buddy going to the Mosconi Cup. It was not meant to be "donate" so that Buddy can go. It also looks bad on Buddy as it gives less incentive to help him in the future. This is at least the second "Help Buddy Hall" thread I have seen on AZ.

Last edited:

watchez

What time is it?
Silver Member
And maybe I am missing something but why isn't JA signature on the shirt?? :p

Was JA getting mobbed by the Euros so JA couldn't ask JA to sign the shirt himself?

Watchez is the teacher

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
And maybe I am missing something but why isn't JA signature on the shirt?? :p

Was JA getting mobbed by the Euros so JA couldn't ask JA to sign the shirt himself?

Watchez is the teacher

LMAO. Johnny's had a very bad 3 years of poor PR. Johnnyt

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Just sat here at @ 2Am and read through this post as well as the complete Buddy Hall Bid post by Big Truck.....( NOT SAYING THERE IS OR IS NOT A PROBLEM THERE MAY BE REAL ISSUES OR CONCERNS )..But my goodness if the problem is with Johnny Archer where is the post that someone has gone or even attempted to go to Johnny with their concerns and been met with no reply or willingness or assurrances to clear up the concerns ?? Which unhappy bidder has done that??? Anybody ??? Who are you ??? Where are you ??? What is your name ??? When that has been done and met with disregard or no response then you may be right.But to start here on a thread !!! ( Please !! Please !! have the courtesy and decency to at least ask the girl out on a date and let her turn you down before you publically chastize her for not going out with you )

in the other thread on wanted/for sale forum, Ray indicated that he had contacted JA about these concerns but as we can see, it is still not resolved.

Hopefully, JA will clear it up now.

best,
brian kc

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
Pinklady - I am not understanding your position on this.

If JA had trouble getting the signatures on the shirts because of all the Euros pushing their way through to the players and pushing JA out of the way, shouldn't he have contacted the winning bidder, explained the situation and let him know that he will still be getting the item he won but it would take a little longer to gather the signatures?

you ARE, the Teacher....

i couldn't quite put my finger on it last night. but here you go today:

all of the key people, including Barry Hearn, Jay, Mike, Jerry, were ringside. signing autographs & shaking hands. for a long time. they were signing everything - including boobs.... and as it started to disperse, Fat Albert stopped Johnny & pointed @ me, and said: PINKLADY NEEDS MICHAELA'S GLOVES (for KVNBRWR)

he stopped. came back down the steps, leaving Melanie, LeeAnne, & Lee. walked up to Michaela. talked & pointed our way. and the rest is history -

i honestly think that Johnny didn't realize that he needed ALL sig's on both shirts. for whatever reason. cause he could have gotten them in 2 mins flat. and would have.

he has a good heart. and i'm sure he's in contact prior, and today, and will make things right.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Let's Try to keep this thread positive

Let's give JAScorpion a chance to respond...having said that tic tock Johnny!

Wedge

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
This type of thread, By someone who wasn't involved in any way, Is a total joke. Nothing more than someone trying to create some kind of drama. This has become the way of AZ Billiards, which I find very sad. Sad that's tolerated and sad that people are so petty. In this case Wedge. Whoever that is.

Unless this place starts doing something about these anonymous shit stirrers ALL the "real" pool people will continue to migrate to Facebook which already has way more pool discussion and information.

Johnny is dealing with the people involved, directly. To my knowledge he has spoken to both and is working on a resolution. No communication or messages are due to anyone that wasn't involved.

Have a nice day,

Ray

Reactions: JAM

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Ya know ray, no news is good news sometimes, but, bad news travels faster.

If a person is going to solicit donations on AZ and then not fulfill their promises and obligations to the people who donated and bid, then it is going to become news.

Its going to be your fault as to whether that your dealings become good or bad news.

As someone mentioned, JA was around the players for a few days. For the amount of Jerseys that had to be signed, that could have been taken care of in ten minutes or less.

For some time now, Pro Players haven't enjoyed such a great reputation around AZB. Instead of putting that on the members here, like you just did, why not realize that and put the blame where the blame is due in most cases.

If you're really interested, start a thread and I will give you my honest opinion as to why Pro Players don't get such a warm welcome around these parts when they log on and start crumbing for hand outs.

Maybe JA just ruined the chances of someone coming on here soliciting money for a real worth while cause, you never know. People get seriously tired of this crap.

And here you are trying to sweep this under the rug so the less people that know, the better.

I bet this kind of thing is almost unheard of in other Pro circles, as in Asia and Europe.

Last edited:

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya know ray, no news is good news sometimes, but, bad news travels faster.

If a person is going to solicit donations on AZ and then not fulfill their promises and obligations to the people who donated and bid, then it is going to become news.

Its going to be your fault as to whether that your dealings become good or bad news.

As someone mentioned, JA was around the players for a few days. For the amount of Jerseys that had to be signed, that could have been taken care of in ten minutes or less.

For some time now, Pro Players haven't enjoyed such a great reputation around AZB. Instead of putting that on the members here, like you just did, why not realize that and put the blame where the blame is due in most cases.

If you're really interested, start a thread and I will give you my honest opinion as to why Pro Players don't get such a warm welcome around these parts when they log on and start crumbing for hand outs.

Maybe JA just ruined the chances of someone coming on here soliciting money for a real worth while cause, you never know. People get seriously tired of this crap.

And here you are trying to sweep this under the rug so the less people that know, the better.

I bet this kind of thing is almost unheard of in other Pro circles, as in Asia and Europe.

Agree ^^^^^^^^^
Good Post Blue Hog Rider !

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...Unless this place starts doing something about these anonymous shit stirrers ALL the "real" pool people will continue to migrate to Facebook which already has way more pool discussion and information....

I agree with you, Ray. Aside from the topic of this thread, the entire Mosconi Cup colloquy on AzBIlliards this year was disappointing, for lack of a better word. I could think of a few better descriptive adjectives, but "disappointing" is putting it nicely. :p

Interestingly, my daughter tells me that now Facebook is old-fashioned, that nobody uses that anymore. Heck, I just got started on it, but according to her, in this age of technological advances, most people text and prefer the immediate gratification of the newer technologies, like Instagram and some I've never heard of. In fact, according to her, Facebook is more of a vehicle for people who are looking for attention, the "look at me" mentality.

On the one hand, I do enjoy networking with other like-minded pool people, but the forum experience, for me at least, is not quite as rich as it used to be, mainly because of the "shit stirrers," as you put it, or the multiple-identitied trolls and banned members posting, as I put it. :grin-square:

That said, there are a few golden pool nuggets dropped on AzBilliards Discussion Forum from time to time, so I keep coming back to gobble them up. Sometimes I do read new threads that have been discussed a dozen or more times since I've been a member. In this regard, I realize that newbies or new members may not use the search button as often as I do and probably are looking more to engage in a fun back-and-forth, and that's okay. But it does get tiresome reading all these "who's the best" threads over and over and over and over and over and over and over again. :embarrassed2:

PETROBOY

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This type of thread, By someone who wasn't involved in any way, Is a total joke. Nothing more than someone trying to create some kind of drama. This has become the way of AZ Billiards, which I find very sad. Sad that's tolerated and sad that people are so petty. In this case Wedge. Whoever that is.

Unless this place starts doing something about these anonymous shit stirrers ALL the "real" pool people will continue to migrate to Facebook which already has way more pool discussion and information.

Johnny is dealing with the people involved, directly. To my knowledge he has spoken to both and is working on a resolution. No communication or messages are due to anyone that wasn't involved.

Have a nice day,

Ray

Are saying everything was delivered as they were described? It doesn't matter who started the thread if the content is true. If you guys had done what you said you were going to then these threads wouldn't exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is just lack of attention to detail, and it reflects badly on Johnny. If you ask for help from AZers and you get it, you better follow through on the items bid on, exactly as promised. Guess I'm just another shit stirrer.:embarrassed2:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member

Have a nice day,

Ray

"ALL the real pool people?"

Nice. Where do your customers come from, Ray?

"Way more pool discussion and information"?

Yeah, I know that Shane paid $150 for a lobster yesterday....

It seems that AZB is good for "ALL the real pool people" to come when they need something, or want to build their customer base. But when it comes to interacting with AZB, we become the great unwashed.