Johnny Archer's Buddy Hall Fund Raiser

decent dennis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"ALL the real pool people?"

Nice. Where do your customers come from, Ray?

"Way more pool discussion and information"?

Yeah, I know that Shane paid $150 for a lobster yesterday....

It seems that AZB is good for "ALL the real pool people" to come when they need something, or want to build their customer base. But when it comes to interacting with AZB, we become the great unwashed.

I feel so dirty now. Nice post.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
"ALL the real pool people?"

Nice. Where do your customers come from, Ray?

"Way more pool discussion and information"?

Yeah, I know that Shane paid $150 for a lobster yesterday....

It seems that AZB is good for "ALL the real pool people" to come when they need something, or want to build their customer base. But when it comes to interacting with AZB, we become the great unwashed.

Bruce;

I won't presume to speak for Ray but it may be that he is taking some exception to the op of this thread, who btw, had a real problem with Buddy Hall's inclusion at MC as well as the whole premise of the auction that was held to help get him there. Wedge was plenty vocal about that. And so these fulfillment problems for the items won that we're seeing has given the op a platform to needle some more.

With that said, if I were Ray, I'd be pissed at JA for messing this up because the inexcusable delays coupled with the omitted signatures makes not only the auction winners feel duped, but in fact, many in this community feel like we simply didn't merit the job done better.

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bruce;

I won't presume to speak for Ray but it may be that he is taking some exception to the op of this thread, who btw, had a real problem with Buddy Hall's inclusion at MC as well as the whole premise of the auction that was held to help get him there. Wedge was plenty vocal about that. And so these fulfillment problems for the items won that were seeing has given the op a platform to needle some more.

With that said, if I were Ray, I'd be pissed at JA for messing this up because the inexcusable delays coupled with the omitted signatures makes not only the auction winners feel duped, but in fact, many in this community feel like we simply didn't merit the job done better.

best,
brian kc

Exactly what Ray was talking about. It does seem wedge has been piling it on lately every chance he gets about Buddy and others as well.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
the fastest way to un-f_ck this, is:

- refund their $$$
- let them keep the shirts
- ship the cloth (w/ JA autographed cue ball....)

done.

(and Johnny make a statement herein, of said resolution w/ apology)

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
This type of thread, By someone who wasn't involved in any way, Is a total joke. Nothing more than someone trying to create some kind of drama. This has become the way of AZ Billiards, which I find very sad. Sad that's tolerated and sad that people are so petty. In this case Wedge. Whoever that is.

Unless this place starts doing something about these anonymous shit stirrers ALL the "real" pool people will continue to migrate to Facebook which already has way more pool discussion and information.

Johnny is dealing with the people involved, directly. To my knowledge he has spoken to both and is working on a resolution. No communication or messages are due to anyone that wasn't involved.

Have a nice day,

Ray

Last edited:

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Bruce;

I won't presume to speak for Ray but it may be that he is taking some exception to the op of this thread, who btw, had a real problem with Buddy Hall's inclusion at MC as well as the whole premise of the auction that was held to help get him there. Wedge was plenty vocal about that. And so these fulfillment problems for the items won that were seeing has given the op a platform to needle some more.

best,
brian kc

You may very well be correct, Brian. But Ray isn't new here, if he meant Wedge, he should have stopped at Wedge.

Instead, we get the "ALL the real pool people" and facebook stuff.

I get kinda tired of being accused of being the problem. There are plenty of pool players than take care of their business, and dont create problems for themselves. The " unreal" pool people of AZB don't pile on them, whilly nilly, just to stir up shit.

Am I part of the problem, Ray? Am I driving the pro's away from AZB?

Unreal, indeed.

Last edited:

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bruce;

I won't presume to speak for Ray but it may be that he is taking some exception to the op of this thread, who btw, had a real problem with Buddy Hall's inclusion at MC as well as the whole premise of the auction that was held to help get him there. Wedge was plenty vocal about that. And so these fulfillment problems for the items won that we're seeing has given the op a platform to needle some more.

best,
brian kc

I've found that Ray is a personable guy, but you don't need to make excuses for him. If he had a problem with only the OP, then he sure didn't convey that. Matter of fact he insulted AZer's many of whom are his customers.

PINKLADY

ICNBB
Silver Member
ok, can everybody just b-r-e-a-t-h-e, and read this, please?

BigTruck's mother just died.

how about, we understand his post for what it is...? we can all relate, right?

@ RAY: WE POSTED @ FACEBOOK.
xoxo

WW

Last edited:

Johnnyt

Burn all jump cues
Silver Member
ok, can everybody just b-r-e-a-t-h-e, and read this, please?

BigTruck's mother just died.

how about, we understand his post for what it is...? we can all relate, right?

@ RAY: WE POSTED @ FACEBOOK.
xoxo

WW

Sorry to hear of his loss. I deleted my thread. That you for letting us non-facebooks know. Johnnyt
Took we awhile to figure how to delete it...1st time deleting.

Last edited:

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I've found that Ray is a personable guy, but you don't need to make excuses for him.

While IMO Bigtruck could have chosen some of his words better, it's understandable he's a bit emotional. He'll soon be flying out to the funeral.

Sorry for your loss Big Guy.

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
While IMO Bigtruck could have chosen some of his words better, it's understandable he's a bit emotional. He'll soon be flying out to the funeral.

Sorry for your loss Big Guy.

Yes, it is, and my condolences to Ray on the loss of his mother.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I'm sorry for his loss, as well.

I've enjoyed Rays posts here for the most part, this particular one struck me poorly.

We're all allowed to have a bad day, for whatever reason. Having one in public adds complications...and this is certainly.more than "having a bad day."

(The "AZB drives off the pro's " sentiment is strong, and not exclusively Rays.)

Last edited:

fat Albert

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Don't know where to start you got the bashers and smashers j 3 dredge and the rest of the critics, Johnny started something good big truck tried to help and the critics and wolves start feasting . They do it with every post surfing the post and threads to see who they can destroy and devourer Attacking personal lives ( did not know Johnny was homeless till I read it from the expert bashers) Johnny z has all the answers. If these critics could be bought for what they know and sold for what they think they know we would have lots of money to have pool tournaments around the USA. Wedges could be the tournament director he has all the answers

Last edited:

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
First off, thanks to all of you for the kind words regarding my mother. She had been sick for some time with Alzheimers and Parkinsons. We knew this day was close. I didn't think it would be this tough on me but I was wrong. It seems that when the person who brought you into this world leaves it's like a part of you leaves too.

I'm sorry about my poor use of the English language. I joke that I should have paid better attention in English class but it really does show up at time. I may not have the best command of the language but I was fortunate to have had a couple really great parents who taught me understanding, compassion and forgiveness. They didn't teach me with words alone but also with actions. They are a big part of why I am always ready and willing to help out.

I commented earlier in this thread about "real" pool players migrating to Facebook. What I meant by that was, people who go by their real names and are proud to share about themselves and their lives.

The anonymity here on AZ allows people to be mean spirited and hateful with no risk of blow back. To me these are not real people and they are driving "real" people away. It's like walking down the street and random feet and hands can pop out and kick you and punch you anytime they want and there's nothing you can do except hope that someone steps up and says that it's wrong.

I'm Ray Hansen, I cover pool and I will help you anyway I can. Anytime. I will not sit back and watch anyone be put through the ringer by anonymous people. They might as well have white hoods on and show up in the dark of night.

Johnny Archer is a phenomenal pool player. He is also a human being with feeling and flaws. I believe Johnny has a good heart and good intention. He's was careless with a couple of the prizes, the jerseys, but I believe he will do right by Jesse and Mike. I hope they both report back with their experience after everything they and Johnny work out is complete.

Ray