Just curious - Most number of balls made on the break?

AuntyDan

/* Insert skill here */
Silver Member
I was practicing the other day and made 3. (The break ball plus both corner balls) Just wondering if there is an official record in a Pro tournament of the most balls ever made on a Straight Pool break?

Dave Nelson

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practicing rack breaks I believe that I have made 4 on several occassions. On shots where the break ball gives you a sharp angle into the rack leaving a lot of speed on the cue ball 3 is not unusual.

Dave Nelson

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
I have done 3 numerous times, where exactly the balls were in the rack I couldn't tell ya !

Steve

Aubrey's Quay

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not more then 3, and that was with a great angle and good speed.
I do practice an opening break shot. No. 1 ball, 2 rails in the side pocket. I can hit it close every time, but only pocket the ball one out of every 7 attempts.

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Not sure what the record is, but I'd be most happy with 3 .... Assuming I had a shot after that !!!

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Assuming 9-ball.

Once in a tournament I made 6 each in back to back breaks. Bar table. Colorado State Open.

~rc

LoGiC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Assuming 9-ball.

Once in a tournament I made 6 each in back to back breaks. Bar table. Colorado State Open.

~rc

Straight pool breaks.

Only need 1, why aim for more. I'd rather get 1 with good position than 4 with a mediocre leaving.

Apocalypse2017

Welcome to the resistance
Silver Member
I have got 4 balls twice and didn't get out. break ball, both corner balls, and something got kicked into the side.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Four for me as well, including the break ball itself. I've done this several times, actually. And each time, it was a very high break ball (very high on the rack), with a severe cut angle on the break ball, maximizing the cue ball plowing into the rack.

mrinsatiable

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Alex made 6...

Alex Pagulyuan made 6 on the break. it's on youtube somewhere. Last week an old timer told me that he had seen somebody make 7 on the break but the guys didn't get out cuz the other two balls laid difficult to shoot.

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
April Fool's Day?

Alex Pagulyuan made 6 on the break. it's on youtube somewhere. Last week an old timer told me that he had seen somebody make 7 on the break but the guys didn't get out cuz the other two balls laid difficult to shoot.

mrinsatiable:

This is not April Fool's day, is it? This was a thread about straight pool in a straight pool forum. No disrespect, but not everything in pool is about 9-ball.

-Sean

Winston846

Aspiring 14.1 Player
Silver Member
Hi. I'm new on here, but I've made 3 plus the break ball a few times, too, but also as stated earlier from a steep angle where you can really go into the balls pretty hard.

And I agree with sfleinen. Not everything about pool is 9-ball. There are some games out there that use all 15 balls. :wink: