Killer Shot

Bob 14:1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Can any instructors give me some advice on how to hit this shot? Its one of the routine shots that I practice a great deal. And, after 25,000+ times of shooting it, I still struggle with it. Its perhaps my #2 nemesis shot, behind the long, straight-in draw shot.

Any help will be appreciated. And I will add that I had a really good player tell me once that this is a very difficult shot. Its hitting the 1-Ball low, bringing it off the right side rail, and back across for the 2-Ball. Its missing the shot that really hurts me. And there is a very - VERY - slight cut on the 1-Ball.

r/DCP

Either fire a ball thru your paneling once again, or take up golf
. You couldn't master this shot after a whopping 25 thousand repetitions. After six pages of this inane drivvle, all they get is a crude response, and yet, amazingly so, you still can't figure out why folks ridicule you.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Honestly though. Within 10 shots you should be able to figure out how to make it and within 25 shots it should be consistent for you.

Dont just set the shot up and shoot it 25000 times. Adjust after misses and try to repeat the same thing after makes. Gotta learn from the mistakes and continue to do what works...

Ak Guy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Practice

What "Jay" said is right on as usual. That shot is not much of an issue for me, but a similar shot into a corner pocket when down by the end rail and using "inside English" has caused me much grief.

So I just keep shooting it over and over and over.........

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Standard quarter ball hit for fractional aimers. I like the way you moved the shot from side pocket to corner, making it easier to see the angle.

A lot of shots people think of as tough are really just easy shots in disguise. I play the game with the mentality that a makeable shot is a makeable shot and not inherently harder than any other shot. Telling yourself a certain shot is harder than any other shot will make it so. The brain is very open to these superficial suggestions. If you think "I could miss this shot" you are giving your brain the mental image of missing the shot without even knowing it. Of course shots do become more difficult when you start to factor in spin, but with enough practice, even factoring in spin should not increase the difficulty factor much at all. You get to point where they are all "just another shot". If a shot is truly difficult, you might want to think about safety.

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of shots people think of as tough are really just easy shots in disguise. I play the game with the mentality that a makeable shot is a makeable shot and not inherently harder than any other shot. Telling yourself a certain shot is harder than any other shot will make it so. The brain is very open to these superficial suggestions. If you think "I could miss this shot" you are giving your brain the mental image of missing the shot without even knowing it. Of course shots do become more difficult when you start to factor in spin, but with enough practice, even factoring in spin should not increase the difficulty factor much at all. You get to point where they are all "just another shot". If a shot is truly difficult, you might want to think about safety.

True. With fear, goes confidence. Without confidence, goes finesse. Without finesse, fundamentals break down and any number of things go wrong, e.g. popping up, chicken wing, muscle tension, or simply letting the cue ball go wild. If you don’t deliver a good stroke, your efforts in aiming are undermined. If you deliver a good stroke and can trust your stroke with confidence, you can start the process of refining your aim to see what works and what doesn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

chainsaw

Registered
It won't give you a fit anymore

simple simple simple(gotta practice a few time) BUT center of cue ball to left edge of 3 ball. Aim right at the cue ball with center (stun) and 9:00 position on the 3 ball should make it all day long. LMAO gotta try this tomorrow but If I never played it before and I was looking at it that be my 1st choice.

magicrat69210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if this is been said and not trolling the op..... I would set it up with some donuts so you're sure you're shooting it exactly the same..... and then just shoot it a couple hundred times and it'll be ingrained in your brain and back arm