Lining up center cue ball and dominant eye

hillhill

European Pool Player
I just asked Gene how this thing works and I'm surprised, because I'm visualizing and aiming exactly the same way like how Gene recommends.

Visuals are often overlooked, but I believe that it should be the very first thing that any player should learn. You can have a perfect stance, a textbook stroke, nothing will work if the visuals aren't correct.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Name those players, you are so shamelessly mentioning that have said Gene was cheating.

JoeyA

I have talked to players. I have seen you in person berate, accuse of cheating, accuse of sandbagging, act like a spoiled kid when losing.

This is not what I want in a coach.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You misunderstood joey. Ive watched him in person accuse others of cheating, sandbagging, and acting very disrespectful and childish towards his opponents after a loss. (Players who play alot of tournaments and do not cheat and sandbag)

I will not name names who have taken his lessons and this is just my observations.

Last edited:

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I believe you looked at the video. Looking doesn't mean you learned it.

Mini lesson is just showing the problem of not having the eyes in the right position creates. The full lesson shows how to fix it.

Dr Dave's interpretation of Perfect Aim isn't even close to right and I've told him that.

Arturo, Tom, Mike Joe, another Tom, Shawn, and about 10 other players that play in our Wed nite handicap tournament from time to time that would tell you how much it has helped their games. Their ratings went up within 2 to 3 weeks.

These players all jumped up on their ratings with Arturo being the biggest from Master to Pro pro Plus, the highest rating on the chart.

I can give you a list of over 150 players that I have taught in the Twin Cities, I would have them call you if you would like and they would share the experience they had with Perfect Aim.

I get along with everyone at these tournaments and take the time to help many with their games. Of course there are others that don't want help and that's fine.

I believe that you don't understand how it really works but please quit trying to make me out to be a bad guy that I'm not.

Gene,

Don't feel like you have to defend yourself. Chalk it up to another hater.

As I've said before, I think the idea of a vision center is too vague. While some players will figure out their best head position from many hours of practice, many more won't. How many players are on that 10 year plateau?

Knowing how to go about finding your best visual alignment speeds up the process. Hoping you find it eventually is a wrong turn and an exercise in frustration. Why leave things to chance?

I just talked to a guy whose son played high school baseball with mine, although my son was a few years ahead of him. His kid got a ride to college but couldn't hit the pitching despite a nice natural swing and lots of athletic ability.

It was an, "I told you so," moment. I was helping some of the guys with their swing and mentioned to him that his boy had a couple of hitting flaws that I could help him to correct. His answer was, "no way." He said he just needs to get locked in the basement, swing the bat ten thousand times and he'll get it right. Unfortunately, he didn't. Like HAMB.

Best,
Mike

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you watch mike siegel play efren in the "king of hill match" did he forget how to play or lose his aiming system? One of the best players ever, hitting balls and being in the pressure on a regular does something.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Back to the real deal............

Had 34 players for the handicap tournament at Shooters in Burnsville. What a great turnout.

This is a really tough tournament to win because of the huge handicaps.

Since I have been getting to the center of the cue ball consistently I've won this thing 3 weeks in a row. This is ridiculous stupid.

Plus I have won 13 out of the last 14 weekly tournaments that I have played in.

Not trying to brag here but just point out a fact.

Players need to get the dominant eye in the most dominant position so they can see the shot right and get to the center of the cue ball and get the right amount of right and left English.

I can't wait to get totally back in shape so I can travel to some bigger tournaments and try out my new toy.

if I never figure out anything else this will be my gift to pool.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy the turkey.......

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Showed my good friend Scott D after the tournament

Scott is kind of a special person. he was one of my best customers back when I had my nightclub/poolhall from 1986 to 1999.

Scott is left eye dominant/right handed. he got knocked out of the tournament because he missed shots.

I saw him miss 2 shots that he shot medium the full length of the table and because he got accidental left English on the ball it curved a little to the left missing the shot to the right.

I had him set up the same shot and he missed it the same way.

Opposite eye dominant players seem to have this problem more than any other type of eye combination.

Just like me Scott couldn't believe he wasn't in the center of the cue ball until he raised up his head and then he was totally confused.

I will work with him as soon as he struggles trying to get there for awhile.

Then I'll show him how to fix it.

I won the tournament. Every match was 7-1 except for one that was 7-2. I miss cued one game.

This really works well. I can hardly believe it.

Last edited:

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The personal experiment continues with great success....

I missed the tourney at Two stooges on Sunday. Over slept from getting back late Sat night and then exercising at Lifetime Fitness until 5:30 AM.

Played at Shooters Monday and won that.

Jimmys Pro Billiards started a 9 ball tourney on his tough tables. Had 20 players for the first tournament. it was handicapped. Players were rated 3 4 or 5. I won that also.

Then tonight I won the handicapped tourney at Shooters again.

Just trying to make a point here. It's not a big deal or not trying to brag.

This getting the dominant eye in the most dominant position really helps to correct getting to centerball on the cue ball. Also depending on what eye is dominant it allows you to actually get the right English and the Left English that you are trying to get.

Plus, the confidence this gives the players that I have showed it to.

Most right handed/right eye dominant players do well with center ball. But when putting left hand English they mostly all fall a little short of what they are trying to get.

Left eyed/left handed have trouble getting right hand English. Don't get as much as what they thing they are.

All opposite eyed players have trouble with everything. Getting the dominant eye in the most dominant position. Getting to center ball. And getting right hand English or left hand English depending on which is the dominant eye.

I'm so excited finding this out for my own game that I don't want to stop playing and get to work on some free Utube videos to show this.

This is the real deal:thumbup:.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://youtu.be/rDuLCLhgTFE?t=13m8s

At around the 13 minute mark, Ronnie is trying to see if the red will pot past the black.

He bends over and looks at with only his right eye open.

If you've ever watched him play, you'd know that he always has the cue favoring his left eye when in his stance.

So why use his (I'm assuming) weaker eye in this situation? Anyone?

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

At around the 13 minute mark, Ronnie is trying to see if the red will pot past the black.

If you've ever watched him play, you'd know that he always has the cue favoring his left eye when in his stance.

If I'm looking straight out like sighting a rifle, I am right eye 'dominant'.

If looking from above like shooting the rifle from the hip, I am left eye dominant.

That's why Gene says that the pointing & looking through the circle tests are only about 50% accurate.

The thing is if you are going to close one eye then it really does not matter as that is the eye you will be using & seeing with.

Best To ALL.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

One's dominant eye need not be the one with the better visual acuity.

Banks

Banned

Not sure if i made it out well enough on my phone..

He looks as though at first he closes his right eye and uses his left to check whether or not the left edge of the red clears the black to the pocket. Once down on the shot, he reconsidered his choice, stepped back and checked with his right eye to see if it did clear and would it then catch the pocket edge. Occasionally i use whatever eye is on the inside of the cut to judge clearance on that side or find a contact point, so i may be looking for something similar or could be biased in my guess.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You isolate an eye when you close the other.

The eye works like a telescope when you close the other. Doesn't matter which eye. . Helps you see if something would go by this or that.

Pretty simple.

genomachino

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some players don't......

I don't have this trouble.

pj
chgo

But you won't know until you have someone look from the object ball to the cue ball. They could tell you.

Or get down on each shot cutting to the right with left and cutting to the left with right English.

Might not be much but just a little difference is too much.

Most of us are not perfectly the same both ways.

Can't assume though. Most of the players that I showed this to swore up and down they were in the middle and that they were getting as much right hand English as left until they raised their head and looked leaving the stick in place.

Not directed at you Patrick but to anyone that is wondering if they have trouble like this.

Mikjary

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
But you won't know until you have someone look from the object ball to the cue ball. They could tell you.

Or get down on each shot cutting to the right with left and cutting to the left with right English.

Might not be much but just a little difference is too much.

Most of us are not perfectly the same both ways.

Can't assume though. Most of the players that I showed this to swore up and down they were in the middle and that they were getting as much right hand English as left until they raised their head and looked leaving the stick in place.

Not directed at you Patrick but to anyone that is wondering if they have trouble like this.

Here's a video of Shane shooting several shots for the camera. Listen to his comments about using left english. https://youtu.be/_kL9ena6j6M?t=1715

Best,
Mike

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Albin Ouschan shooting to the inside of his left eye. :eek:
And he's right handed.

Attachments

• OUC.jpg
    OUC.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Gene may be wrrrrrrr......ong.

Perhaps it's not 50%.

Perhaps if one is right handed, the odds may be greater than 50% that one is then 'left eyed'.

It's all about how our brains are wired.

Remember the image we get on our retina, just like like with a camera, is upside down. That's the physics. It's our brain that turns that image right side up so that we can SEE properly & then function properly.

NASA has done experiments with this & over time 'tricked' the brain or rather made the brain transform a manipulated image.

Best to ALL.

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Albin Ouschan shooting to the inside of his left eye. :eek:
And he's right handed.
That's insane. I've never seen a cross dominant player play that far over to one side. Its like Earl... But opposite... Quite odd. I'm cross dominant but have the cue on the inside of my left eye, centre chin. This is a more common cue placement. Thanks for sharing.