Live Pool on ESPN 3 This Sunday

michaelm

Registered
Does this mean that there won't be any coverage on the ESPN channels that people actually can access? ESPN3 is inaccessible.

KantmakAball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What I don't like about this format is. If the finals is Webb vs. Kim, that means there will be 3 girls left at the end with only 1 loss. I don't think that's fair at all. Never have been a fan of events that are not true double elim. all the way thru.

Unless they are single elim. all the way thru

PoolJunkie216

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This format is absolutely terrible and shows once again that those in charge at the WPBA don't get it. As far as this last match goes, Karen looked disinterested from the moment it started.

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karen did not play well at all. She looked uncomfortable the whole match.
Monica took advantage with good safety play and won both sets 4-0.
Grats to Monica :)

JuicyGirl

Scroll Lock- Juicy Style
Silver Member
Ga Young Kim Smoked that winning game! She did a smashing job.

Last edited:

dr9ball

"Lock Doctor"
Silver Member
Races to 4?

I noticed that these matches were at least 2 races to 4 to decide the match. I"m guessing it was the best 2 out of 3 races to 4. That seems a little short to me for a championship match but maybe it fits nicely into ESPN's programing and they feel it adds excitement to the game.

While the stream quality varied from really good HD to being blury (and that's with a 50 Mbps) connection, I am glad to see live pool promoted on ESPN besides the Mosconi Cup. Hopefully they hit the UVs and PVs they needed to do this again.

PoolJunkie216

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I noticed that these matches were at least 2 races to 4 to decide the match. I"m guessing it was the best 2 out of 3 races to 4. That seems a little short to me for a championship match but maybe it fits nicely into ESPN's programing and they feel it adds excitement to the game.

While the stream quality varied from really good HD to being blury (and that's with a 50 Mbps) connection, I am glad to see live pool promoted on ESPN besides the Mosconi Cup. Hopefully they hit the UVs and PVs they needed to do this again.

It was 2 races to 4 in the semifinals & finals. If they split, it goes to a 1 game sudden death which is what happened in the first semifinal.

This format is absolutely idiotic & is yet another bonehead move by those running the show there. They need to go to true double elimination throughout.

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
I would prefer race to 9 winner break as I find alt break and this format to lack the right rhythm, but it was just nice to see live pool.

El-ahrairah

Banned
Karen did not play well at all. She looked uncomfortable the whole match.
Monica took advantage with good safety play and won both sets 4-0.
Grats to Monica :)

Karen didn't look like she was feeling very good to me. I saw her a little while before her match and she was moving pretty slow.