Lookin for Serious Sponsor

nobcitypool

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Eric, I think you made your point. I'm just speculating as I don't know the story but reading between the lines tells me there are circumstances other than his medical issues that limit this young man's job opportunities. I also see people who apparently do know his situation in more detail are at least implicitly vouching for his character.

Robley, have you gotten adequate support to attend and participate in the tournament you were originally asking about?

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think if anyone else wants to chip in, Robley can play the week after in Houston at the Bigtyme Classic. Will run him about the same amount. Hotel is right next door to the poolroom for $35 a night.

$3,500 added Diamond Bar Table Event. $40 entry. With Auction.
Also have a ladies event, seniors event and 2 invitational events.

It's all under tourney announcements on here.

Hehe. Good promotion slip in Brent. True though.

I would like to see Robley covered in patches, hitting all the tournaments and running out on that ......oh wait. :grin-square:

Go Robley!

Ray

Bigtruck

Capt Diff Lock
Gold Member
Silver Member
Eric, I think you made your point. I'm just speculating as I don't know the story but reading between the lines tells me there are circumstances other than his medical issues that limit this young man's job opportunities. I also see people who apparently do know his situation in more detail are at least implicitly vouching for his character.

Robley, have you gotten adequate support to attend and participate in the tournament you were originally asking about?

Here are the 2 original threads where we first met Robley: Backstory included

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=156362

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=158637

JumpinJoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you guys get him the entry and hotel taken care of, I will find him a ride here and back.

Entry - $40
Hotel Fri,Sat.Sun - $120
Quarters - $60
Auction - $50-100 for his half ( he will go cheaper over here, hes a secret)
Food - $100

Total - $400 rough

He may do it as a stake, where he gets like 40/50% of whatever he may win. This way hes giving back a little.

I will even chip in for 10% of $40 to get it going

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Eric, this will be our last dance.

I am done with your antics on AZB.

Hope you enjoyed the ride.

Dave

Rhale100

DILLIGAF ?
Silver Member
Instead of going on the road with no money, have you considered trying to find a job? Just sayin'

Eric >knows I'm gonna get flamed for this

Flame On
angry-old-man-meme-trolling.jpg

robleyf7

AZB Horse 2016
Silver Member
If you guys get him the entry and hotel taken care of, I will find him a ride here and back.

Entry - $40
Hotel Fri,Sat.Sun - $120
Quarters - $60
Auction - $50-100 for his half ( he will go cheaper over here, hes a secret)
Food - $100

Total - $400 rough

He may do it as a stake, where he gets like 40/50% of whatever he may win. This way hes giving back a little.

I will even chip in for 10% of $40 to get it going

Thanks Would love too make it down there sometime..

TX BAD BOY

FISH IN SHARK TERRITORY!
Silver Member
Stand up guy

I don't post too often. I read alot and usually like what I see here. I can tell you that I met Robley at the TX Open one year (last year I think). He is a great guy and has some talent.

I understand having limitations, and I don't really care what people think of my opinion, so with that said, ERIC, you are way out of line. Just a pure douch thing to say to someone that you don't know. Walk not a mile in his shoes, but a block and I would bet your attitude would be different.

Robley, hope you make it to White Diamonds. If I ever can get time off I want to go some year. Good Luck to you and may God Bless!!

Jason

robleyf7

AZB Horse 2016
Silver Member
I don't post too often. I read alot and usually like what I see here. I can tell you that I met Robley at the TX Open one year (last year I think). He is a great guy and has some talent.

I understand having limitations, and I don't really care what people think of my opinion, so with that said, ERIC, you are way out of line. Just a pure douch thing to say to someone that you don't know. Walk not a mile in his shoes, but a block and I would bet your attitude would be different.

Robley, hope you make it to White Diamonds. If I ever can get time off I want to go some year. Good Luck to you and may God Bless!!

Jason

Thanks... hope you make it down here soon

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Bump...blatant plug time...guys, it's not too late to chip in if you'd like. :grin:

El-ahrairah

Banned
This thread is pretty cool. Let's get this kid playing.

EDIT: Robley you should get a greendot money card. It makes transferring cash pretty quick, cheap and simple for times like this.

Last edited:

Blue Hog ridr

World Famous Fisherman.
Silver Member
Yep, if people haven't been keeping track of Robley from the start, they may not know all of the facts. Robley looks after his mom so that spreads the money out pretty thin probably most months.

He is a good guy to do that so its the least one can do is give him a leg up once or twice a year.

Joe, that is a nice offer of a ride to Texas for that tourney as well.