Major action ($10,000) at Kickshot Billiards in N. KY

sicbinature

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LPAC said:
i will say this about chris, he is a perfect gentleman to gamble with. I like his style, i was in on the losing side with David down here and never did they have one disagreement or argument. When it was over they shook hands and that was that. chris is a good guy to gamble with and that is probably why he does take off some scores.

I second that. Chris and David both are gentlemen when playing. Nice to watch matches where there is no sharking or complaining. Just two people trying to win honestly, and not trying any tricks. People like them deserve to win.

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
MikeJanis said:
If they are playing even can somebody get in touch with a guy named Elmur who lives around there. He's probably hanging in Tom D's corner.
Have him give me a call so I can sweat some of the action.
Mike, Elmer is there at the pool hall almost every day. I can have him call you. Should he use the 1-8--200-POOL number? You can PM me a number if you want.

pooljunkie4ever

Grab Life by the BALL!
Silver Member
poolsucker said:
chris called me and told me they were supposed to play in Dallas. I did not know it changed sites. I'll take chris for $100 to $500 if anyone would like though!! PM me if any takers.

When is this suppose to happen, did he say.

frankwhite

www.superiorbilliardtech.
Silver Member
Clear Favorite?????

dimes33 said:
bill what i meant was that again cb gets big action where he would be the clear favorite,wasnt trying to be smart towards you or anything:)

Clear Favorite, CB??? I dont know about that buddy. Lil' Tommy could play some, he also is not a stranger to action.

Frankie

billiardspro

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
dosent chris and sarah rousey date...i could be wrong but i thought i heard this somewhere...they both are stand up players..

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
JDB said:
Black Balled inferred it, but what happened to the job in Dallas that Chris was supposedly supposed to start on Monday?

Just curious...

He won the set against David. That's what happened to the job.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
frankwhite said:
Clear Favorite, CB??? I dont know about that buddy. Lil' Tommy could play some, he also is not a stranger to action.

Frankie

Frankie, shhhhhh! I think Shorty's game is under-estimated, but I think that's the way Shorty likes it! :D

Chris Bartrum is a gentleman gambler for sure, as is Shorty. This will be a great match-up. I am looking forward to hearing the results!

Pictures would be nice, too! :p

JAM

ironman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LPAC said:
i will say this about chris, he is a perfect gentleman to gamble with. I like his style, i was in on the losing side with David down here and never did they have one disagreement or argument. When it was over they shook hands and that was that. chris is a good guy to gamble with and that is probably why he does take off some scores.

I totally agree with ya Louie. It's hard not to be impressed with this guy.

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rhncue said:
Chris usually gets a job selling cars every summer when action is slow. There is a dealer in Columbus that let Chris off any time he needed if he lined up some action. He was down in Texas and ran into a fellow who lived in Columbus for awhile back around 96 - 97 who is now living down there and has a car lot. Chris was working there for a short while but told me it wasn't working out as expected.

That young man that Chris is supposed to play is supposed to be some tough action. I was told that he made short work of John Brumbeck and Shannon Murphy last week. Chris gets a lot of action because he matches up fairly and likes to bet it high and always a gentleman who never brags nor cries, win or lose.

Dick
Dick, Tommy did best John Brumback recently in a 10-ahead match, but Tommy and Shannon failed to match up. Negotiations broke down over a venue issue.

Pinocchio

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
?????/Bill

I bet Brumback didn't weigh much especially if Concrete was backing him. My guess would be a thousand or less yes or no?
Pinocchio

Ktown D

Neverwuzzz
Silver Member
billiardspro said:
dosent chris and sarah rousey date...i could be wrong but i thought i heard this somewhere...they both are stand up players..
She was w/ Jason Klatt the last I heard. I don't make it a point to keep up so that info may be well outdated.

pharaoh68

Banned
frankwhite said:

Frankie

Gotta agree with the other guy. Shorty may be a strong shooter but I liek CB's game and his odds a little better here.

JMO

The Saw

Juicy Pop in 2016!
Silver Member
Ktown D said:
She was w/ Jason Klatt the last I heard. I don't make it a point to keep up so that info may be well outdated.

Your info is correct, Sarah dates Klatt, Klatt runs with Chris....

BillPorter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pinocchio said:
I bet Brumback didn't weigh much especially if Concrete was backing him. My guess would be a thousand or less yes or no?
Pinocchio
In their first match, Brumback won $1,000 as they played the best of three races for $1,000 with each race being a race to 10. I think John won the first race, Tommy won the second, and John won the third and decisive race. They played the next day and played a 10 ahead set for $2,500. Tommy won the $2,500.

dimes33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
frankwhite said:

Frankie
well i guess we will see in a few days frank but in about 99% of match ups there is always a fav. and youre going to find more people that like cb here than not.

Mike Haines

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A Hijacking in Dallas

I realize now after finding out what a fine player Chris B. is, why people regard him as the favorite in many matches. After watching a small portion of the match in Dallas, but hearing from those who were in attendance, the match in Dallas could have more accurately discribed as a "hijacking", with David G. seldom able to run more than 4 balls. I watched them practice for more than 2 hours and liked the way David G. was running out and liked his position play a little better than C.B. We all thought that David G. had a little advantage after winning a recent tournament in Amarillo and because he was more familiar with the tables at Diamond Billiards, which can be very difficult if you can not control whitey. C.B.'s new opponent is regarded as one of those "young guns" who probably wont choke. We shall see.

Mike Haines

dimes33

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mike Haines said:
I realize now after finding out what a fine player Chris B. is, why people regard him as the favorite in many matches. After watching a small portion of the match in Dallas, but hearing from those who were in attendance, the match in Dallas could have more accurately discribed as a "hijacking", with David G. seldom able to run more than 4 balls. I watched them practice for more than 2 hours and liked the way David G. was running out and liked his position play a little better than C.B. We all thought that David G. had a little advantage after winning a recent tournament in Amarillo and because he was more familiar with the tables at Diamond Billiards, which can be very difficult if you can not control whitey. C.B.'s new opponent is regarded as one of those "young guns" who probably wont choke. We shall see.

Mike Haines
lmao,theres about to be another one in ky.:)