MasonH cues and JoeyinCali

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
powerlineman80 said:
You are welcome. Please post more if you can, I'd like to see more!
spr1.jpg

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
spr2.jpg

Some pics.
It's Friday but am working in the shop tonite.

Last edited:

runscott

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cubswin said:
Mason and Joey both make great hitting cues. Currently shooting with a cue from Mason, and have zero complaints about the cue. One of my all time favorites.

Joey also makes one hell of a cue. Can't wait to get another one.

Would say they both had a nice stiff, crisp hit to me. Both balanced nicely, and workmanship was great.

I'm only interested if there's more mystery surrounding them - unfortunately, both of these guys actually know how to make a cue, and what it takes to make a cue play well. I was hoping I was wrong about that, but too many knowledgeable people have confirmed it. I want a cue that plays well because it has 'magical karma' and the cue-maker figured it out while sitting under a Tamarind tree while meditating.

In addition, I've already seen examples of their beautiful craftsmanship, and I'm really looking for a sneaky pete with a bad finish and a fake hoppe ring.

Okay, I confess - I'm just knocking them because I want to horn in on their business and become a mystical cue-maker.

Scott the magic cue-maker<=== "I'll make a cue that plays like any maker you want, for just $299.95 - that's right, just $299.95! " .... still looking for 1950's-look smiling, greasy-haired talking head avatar

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
since we are having fun.

Scott,i can also make the dark brown sneakies with spotty oil finish,phenolic that isn't even finish sanded,fake plastic Hoppe ring and a shaft in which all four growths ring run right off the shaft.i want $1500 for mine now,since you missed the deadline.i am not sure what Joey charges for his.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
masonh said:
since we are having fun.

Scott,i can also make the dark brown sneakies with spotty oil finish,phenolic that isn't even finish sanded,fake plastic Hoppe ring and a shaft in which all four growth ring run right off the shaft.i want $1500 for mine now,since you missed the dealine.i am not sure what Joey charges for his.

AH SOOOOOOOOOOOOO, the "mystery maker" is a mystery no mo:D

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
masonh said:
since we are having fun.

Scott,i can also make the dark brown sneakies with spotty oil finish,phenolic that isn't even finish sanded,fake plastic Hoppe ring and a shaft in which all four growth ring run right off the shaft.i want $1500 for mine now,since you missed the dealine.i am not sure what Joey charges for his.

Dang good thing I got mine when I did.:D

JoeyInCali

Silver Member
masonh said:
since we are having fun.

You have no conscience.
I'll take $1375. You get two bumpers.
You also get an Efren toothbrush.

emf123

Up the Irons!!!
Silver Member
JoeyInCali said:
You have no conscience.
I'll take $1375. You get two bumpers.
You also get an Efren toothbrush.

That's good stuff, I had to think about it for a second, then LMAO.

Keep up the good work guys, we need to see more!!!

BlowFish

Pinoy D-Player
Silver Member
That's one nice cue. The ringwork is nice too. I prefer mine to have no metals not just on the rings, but on the cue itself. Should be a nice hitter.

cubswin said:
saturday in a hurry couple of pics..

curly2.jpg

butt.jpg

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
BlowFish said:
That's one nice cue. The ringwork is nice too. I prefer mine to have no metals not just on the rings, but on the cue itself. Should be a nice hitter.

It hits real well in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of metal in rings, but like how these look. Hope they don't pop up as the cue ages, but most metal rings do.

Taper on the shaft produces a nice stiff hit. Its in my top 10 all time favorite cues I've owned.

Hidy Ho

Missed 4 rail hanger!!!
Silver Member
cubswin said:
Hope they don't pop up as the cue ages, but most metal rings do.

Taper on the shaft produces a nice stiff hit. Its in my top 10 all time favorite cues I've owned.

You ain't gonna own it long enough to find out .... got my address?

Jazz <--- "greed is good"

masonh

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i am usually not a big fan of metal rings either but i felt like these rings were begging for it.they are extremely thin and solid silver so you shouldn't hava problem with expansion.

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
cubswin said:
It hits real well in my opinion. I'm not a big fan of metal in rings, but like how these look. Hope they don't pop up as the cue ages, but most metal rings do.

Its one of the best hitting cues that I have owned too.