Matchroom 2024 World Pool Masters (25-28 April), Germany, Winner $40K

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 3
Quarterfinals

This is possibly the strongest last 8 of any event this decade. ALL have won majors, top ranked in Matchroom ranking and Fargorate :LOL: Any of these quarterfinals could be the final.
No upsets in Round 1. Top performers in Round 1 - Ko Ping Chung, Shaw, Gorst

wpm qf.jpg

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler beats Little Ko 10-4.
Big Ko beats FSR 10-1.

Did anyone watch the Big Ko match? How did it go down?

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Day 3
Quarterfinals

This is possibly the strongest last 8 of any event this decade. ALL have won majors, top ranked in Matchroom ranking and Fargorate :LOL: Any of these quarterfinals could be the final.
No upsets in Round 1. Top performers in Round 1 - Ko Ping Chung, Shaw, Gorst

View attachment 755517
That is strong. All are WPA World Champions except Shaw, correct? I forget if Shaw might be in a non-American pool discipline.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler beats Little Ko 10-4.
Big Ko beats FSR 10-1.

Did anyone watch the Big Ko match? How did it go down?

Demolition KO job by Ko. Best performance and best breaker in this event so far
He made 1 in side and has shot on lowest number (usually 2) I think every time.
If Ko continues to break like that tomorrow, he will retain the title

FSR had chance to stop the rot when trailing 1-4 after making beautiful jump shot on 2 breaking up 2-9 cluster but blew easy 4 down the rail and it was curtains from then on
That is strong. All are WPA World Champions except Shaw, correct? I forget if Shaw might be in a non-American pool discipline.
Yes all WPA WC including Shaw except Shaw WPA WC in discipline of Blackball/English 8 ball

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Karl says Ko's cue is $30K :LOL:
Crazy. I think even much richer snooker cousins spend much less on their cues
k cue11.PNG

k cue12.PNG

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That’s why I can’t root for Shaw who is a classless piece of trash. He hits the 4 as bad as you can hit it and gets lucky shitting in the 9 then celebrates and pumps his fist like he did something. You don’t have to feel guilty about rolls … they go both ways but you don’t celebrate it.

SA96

Shaw had a couple of scratches, so he deserved some luck.

SVB was poor and he was very lucky to win in the first round.

I struggle to see anyone stopping Filler, but Ko Pin Yi has a habit of turning up in big events.

Scrunge19

Registered
I’d like to see a Fedor/Filler final. Those are two players fans commonly point to as the best in the game right now so it would be a treat to see them square off in the final of such a prestigious event.

CanadianGuy

That’s why I can’t root for Shaw who is a classless piece of trash. He hits the 4 as bad as you can hit it and gets lucky shitting in the 9 then celebrates and pumps his fist like he did something. You don’t have to feel guilty about rolls … they go both ways but you don’t celebrate it.

I mean yes and agreed kind of, but shortly before that Shane hit a fluke that put him in an easy spot to win the rack, when Jason fluked the nine a guy like FSR would laugh it off while Shane looked livid

Jason has his personality which is much needed in pool

that aside. his last frame shot on the two was a tremendous, most players would be desperate to find a safety imo,
an example of why nobody in the game can pocket balls at his level

Fed up with Matchroom's poor camera work. Constant switching between cameras in clutch moments just means that the viewers are gonna be confused and miss out on a lot of key stuff.

Prime example of this being when Jayson Shaw fluked the 9 ball for 9-8.