Meucci Cues.... Whats your opinion????

rubberheels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci

JUNK! Horrible finish and lousy hit. They make good fire wood! I just gave away a Gambler I hated that cue. They all warp in short time. To deal with them on the phone is a nightmare. I'd sooner use a house cue.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard both BuddyH. and DavidMatlock say if you can get Bob himself to make your cue you'll have a cue that plays lights-out. Problem is unless your on that short list who can get one of these it's a crapshoot as far as quality. That being said i've heard that QC in the past couple yrs. has gotten much better. Both cues and shafts are showing up in top players hands lately. JaysonShaw won TS with one just a few weeks ago.

CT06010

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I enjoy my Meucci. I cant seem to change to anything else. Ive tried Mcdermott, OB,

Predator, Lucasi, Viking, Players, Olney custom, Mike Gulassy custom (however you spell it)

and nothing feels like a Meucci hit. They were all good cues (except players bleh) just the

characteristics of the Meucci fits my style. I just ordered a pro shaft a week and half ago

cant wait to recieve it. Theyre customer service has recently helped me out alot as well.(gave me an extra 200 dollars on a purchase basically)

Im sure Meucci is gonna start competing again!!!! KEEP IT UP MEUCCI. YOUVE GOT

CUSTOMER FOR LIFE.

beliscd

Registered
I'm on the hunt to try a different cue, but I've been playing with a Meucci FR-4 since they first came out (2000? maybe) and haven't had any issues. I plan on keeping the Meucci just in case the new cue doesn't work out. I just feel like buying something now is the only reason I'm looking.

AceAngeles

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci

I think you made a mistake by cancelling your order so fast. Opinions are like....everyone had one. I have 2 McDermott's in my house with warped shafts. The only McDermott's I've ever had. I bought one for my wife and one for my brother around 5 years ago. I called the them and without the original receipts from the authorized dealer they would do nothing for me. Now I have two McDermott butts if anyone is interested. I've been using Meucci's since the late 80's. I have not owned any from the 95-present time frame. When I used to deal with Meucci at that time they repaired everything, no questions asked. I guess as confirmed by Bob's son who had a post here in the past there was a lot of quality control problems starting in the mid 90's. If you are used to the hit of a good pre dot Meucci, you'll never change your cue. A few years ago I went to a Predator P2 for one year. I just couldn't adjust. Recently I bought 2 84-6's. One for my collection and one for use. I couldn't be happier. There were definitely some inlay and ferrule problems but once you get use to the hit of a good Meucci, it's hard to ever change.

Drawback

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you made a mistake by cancelling your order so fast. Opinions are like....everyone had one. I have 2 McDermott's in my house with warped shafts. The only McDermott's I've ever had. I bought one for my wife and one for my brother around 5 years ago. I called the them and without the original receipts from the authorized dealer they would do nothing for me. Now I have two McDermott butts if anyone is interested. I've been using Meucci's since the late 80's. I have not owned any from the 95-present time frame. When I used to deal with Meucci at that time they repaired everything, no questions asked. I guess as confirmed by Bob's son who had a post here in the past there was a lot of quality control problems starting in the mid 90's. If you are used to the hit of a good pre dot Meucci, you'll never change your cue. A few years ago I went to a Predator P2 for one year. I just couldn't adjust. Recently I bought 2 84-6's. One for my collection and one for use. I couldn't be happier. There were definitely some inlay and ferrule problems but once you get use to the hit of a good Meucci, it's hard to ever change.

Couldn't agree more. I love my Meucci's. All of them! And all my Meucci shafts!

starmaster

Registered
I hit some balls with a new Meucci cue and it hit great and powerful too. I liked it. I have owned many different types of cues over the years and I can say that most of the time, its not the cue, its the guy playing with it that matters. I am not bragging, but I can walk into any pool hall and pick up a house cue and beat most of the players in there. I am 56 and have been playing pool since I was 8 years old. I have a 900 dollar Predator cue and I shoot just as good with my 75 dollar players cue. Its all in your head, believe me.

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I was never a fan of Bob's cues, but after spending some time with him this year at the Expo, I see how cool he is and how he stands by his products 200%. Not saying it would make me buy a cue from him, but I give him lots of respect that I didn't give previously.

I did hit a few balls with his new Pro Shaft and gotta say its pretty damn impressive. The shaft I did hit with had a LePro tip on it and still impressive. Would love to hit with it again with a Moori on it to see what it could really do.

Jpool1985

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bought a meucci cue cause I loved how some look to it and all. Well into the second days playing with it( I don't break with it since I got Break cue itself). I was chalking up and notice a crack in my stick right below the ferrule. I was mad. So I now play with a 500 dollars schon cue. I love meucci for design look but playing ability for a sticks....NOPE!.

Knels

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bumpin this up

Know this is an old thread a and all, just want to put my 2 cents.

I have a meucci 21st -2 century cue with a black dot shaft. Bought it a few years ago, liked it, eventually changed to a p3. Well, the p3 got all weird on me and I lost something like 8 or 10 straight matches. So I decided to give the new pro shaft a try from budget billiards, they sent me a match for my cue with an ultra skin medium. Played lights out, loving the ultraskin, none of that glazing problems I had with kamui clear. Something was still missing so I attached the balance rite. Since then I have a few tournament wins. All I have to complain about are the cosmetics, finish wore down, cracks appearing in the sealed linen section, also turned the white part an ugly shade greenish. It's beat to hell, looks like a mess, but it's my shooter. The feel is not like any other cue, kind of flexible like, give it a shot, might love it like me or hate it

duker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meucci Cues

I have a MO-12 from the original first Catalogue, and it plays lights out. That same cue now, Gambler with the Dice, where the forearm was ebony, now is Black Plastic, so if you like Plastic cues, buy a Meucci. I also have one made in the early 80's by Bob and Mike Erwin. It is a 6 point, with floating Pool Tables below the wrap and above and below the pool Tables, are a set of original Balls machined and inlaid in. I have chalk inlays right above the wrap, with 4 shafts, 2 regular and 2 Fiddleback shafts. Both of these cues are 60 inches and 23 ounces. I made a ton of money with the MO-12 out of the first catalog, and the cue with the balls, tables and chalk inlays, is a nice playing cue also, but a nice Collector Cue and I am sure you will never see another cue like this one !! .. Mike Erwin ran the company for about 20 years, before Bob's kids came on board, then Mike went on to make his own cues, but was called back time and again to fix the quality issues that were taking place.. They first couple years, Meucci Cues were lights out, and if you want a cue that plays like the first Meucci's, call Scott Erwin, Mike's son...Mike passed away a couple years ago..so give Scott Erwin a call and let him make you a cue, and you will be a happy Camper...I sold Meucci Cues in the 80's and into the early 90's, but quit handling them due to the quality issue. If you need Scott Erwin's phone number, send me an email and I will get it for you...Good Luck in your adventure to buying any new cue...

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Know this is an old thread a and all, just want to put my 2 cents.

I have a meucci 21st -2 century cue with a black dot shaft. Bought it a few years ago, liked it, eventually changed to a p3. Well, the p3 got all weird on me and I lost something like 8 or 10 straight matches. So I decided to give the new pro shaft a try from budget billiards, they sent me a match for my cue with an ultra skin medium. Played lights out, loving the ultraskin, none of that glazing problems I had with kamui clear. Something was still missing so I attached the balance rite. Since then I have a few tournament wins. All I have to complain about are the cosmetics, finish wore down, cracks appearing in the sealed linen section, also turned the white part an ugly shade greenish. It's beat to hell, looks like a mess, but it's my shooter. The feel is not like any other cue, kind of flexible like, give it a shot, might love it like me or hate it

I'm looking @ a several different models but can't decide. I can't find enough positive feedback. I'm liking the anw's since they come with a pro shafts will the butt be to stiff on the anw to see any benefit from the pros haft? Anyone shot this model or the b&m or pover piston?

simco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had a meucci cue many years ago and it always played better than I did.It's not the arrow. Get the cue YOU like.

brentinps

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The "old originals meucci's have a following but when meucci went to a high production house they had issues. The Mcd cue is a better decision... esp. if you want to sell or trade up in the future. The shaft will stay straight. I helped the captain of my team get one and I can say I was impressed by the I2 low deflection shaft it came with. I have had jacoby, pechauer, and now Schon LD shafts.. and the I2 was every bit as precise.