Meucci Cues

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I LOVE my BMC Pro 3. It hits COMPLETELY different than their production cues. I have about 11 right now. They're all the same feeling depending on the shaft. The pro shaft is completely different too. I'd imagine Bob's trying to do something different to compete with other more "custom" cues.

I tried the Pro Series cue with a G 10 Pin,
DEFINITELY one of the best playing cues I have had

rhatten

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried the Pro Series cue with a G 10 Pin,
DEFINITELY one of the best playing cues I have had

Still waiting on my Christmas present phone call from post #3 (Page 1). Got a feeling it ain't gunna happen. No response to the email I sent to them linking them back to this thread. Oh well, so much for my Customer Service/ Cue review... Christmas has come and gone.

Randy

BWColeman

BWC
Silver Member
Love Em or Hate em

I have mixed emotions on Meucci Cues and have owned several over the years As a matter of Fact I still own 2 So here is my Meucci Opinion

The third Cue I ever bought wasa Meucci Original PJ , Natural BEM with a black irish linen wrap no dot shaft way before dots that i bought in 1987 when i was 18 years old. I paid $110.00 for it and it played great i probably played better with that particular cue than any cue i had played with for several years. but back then i was more enmored with points and inlays and was talked into selling my lil PJ for 125.00 ( I still Kick my self)

The second Meucci I owned was a Sneaky and it played Ok not spectacular but ok I kept it for a bit then sold it along the way didnt miss it

In 1999 when my father passed I inherited his cues a Palmer 4 point and his Meucci OL-1 which was his player. This cue plays nice not as stiff as i like because i had long been playing with a Joss A-7 by this time . The Ol-1 is priceless to me for the senimental value it was my Dads Player ,

Flash Forward 2004 my Bride buys me a cue for Christmas ( she knows nothing about cues ) a beautiful Meucci HOF1 , cant remember if it has red dot or black dot shaft . have only hit mabey 2 racks with it . but it plays like absolute Damn it . My 20 dollar duffren house cues play better , I would almost say a walking cane cue plays better. I like nothing about this cue except its looks . Though the wife still asks every now and then why dont you play with the cue i bought you lol , I tell her i am saving it dont want to waer it out and decrease the value as a collectable lol

So my meucci experiance is 1 that i played great and wish i still owned

2 that played ok but not very impressive and 1 that plays like a shaved 2x4 so i have mixed emotions I know Meucci is capable of making a great playing cue , and i know that they are capeable of making absolute dogs , the meuccis of the 90s and 2000s doubled in price and the quality faltered greatly

I hope that Bob and company have seen the error of thier ways and get back to making cues of the Quality and playabilty they did in the Meucci orginals

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The black dot shaft has the be the worst shaft ever made from a experienced builder, and I have never seen a straight one,but a few old Meucci butt's and good custom shaft will play as good as any cue out there, as far as I'm concerned.

Every black dot shaft I've hit balls with, played terrible. Every red dot was comparable to a standard production maple shaft. The only Meucci that I've played with that I liked, was a factory 2nd cue won off ebay with one of my other cues' custom shaft.

There are some really nice Meucci designs out there and Meucci were once the nicest things around, but in today's market... It just ain't the same...

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
I just found out that you can order ANY Meucci model as a Pro Series for $160.00 more. That means you choose either the aluminum or G10 pin and you get a Pro shaft without the brass, straight wood threaded.

I think this is the BEST improvement Meucci has made, jumping into the custom pin and the Pro shaft made such a HUGE difference to me. So you can order a Meucci M1 SP and add the Pro bundle to it for only $160 more and it'll play AWESOME!

I'm not gong to try and convert anyone back into Meucci if they don't like them, but if you've had them before and prefer the custom cue feeling, this is the Meucci you'd want if you gave them another shot.

This is not my listing either btw. Just a quick link for you to see them.

http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMC-CUSTOM-MEUCCI-M1-1-2-PRO-SERIES-POOL-CUE-SWIRL-TEAKWOOD-SNEAKY-PETE-15-18oz/350962956529?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3742213926935854004%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D221336369897%26

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just found out that you can order ANY Meucci model as a Pro Series for $160.00 more. That means you choose either the aluminum or G10 pin and you get a Pro shaft without the brass, straight wood threaded.

I think this is the BEST improvement Meucci has made, jumping into the custom pin and the Pro shaft made such a HUGE difference to me. So you can order a Meucci M1 SP and add the Pro bundle to it for only $160 more and it'll play AWESOME!

I'm not gong to try and convert anyone back into Meucci if they don't like them, but if you've had them before and prefer the custom cue feeling, this is the Meucci you'd want if you gave them another shot.

This is not my listing either btw. Just a quick link for you to see them.

http://http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMC-CUSTOM-MEUCCI-M1-1-2-PRO-SERIES-POOL-CUE-SWIRL-TEAKWOOD-SNEAKY-PETE-15-18oz/350962956529?_trksid=p2047675.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222002%26algo%3DSIC.FIT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D11%26meid%3D3742213926935854004%26pid%3D100011%26prg%3D1005%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D5%26sd%3D221336369897%26

:sorry:

You might be on the wrong forum. Tell me something, for a professional cue builder to be making cues
for 50 years now, why is it that he still makes so many factory 2nds?

Even a lot of the cues that aren't marked factory 2nd have defects.

$160 just for a different pin is just crazy. :rotflmao:

Your Ebay link does not work either...factory 2nd....

What the heck is a custom cue feeling?

Last edited:

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Well, we all know that opinions are like A-holes, we all have one. More importantly it's apples to apples that you need to look at here. Price for price, Meucci competes very well and with versatility.

Personally, I've only come across 1 Meucci cue that had an issue that wasn't marked Fact 2nd and I've sold A LOT of them. If I made a lot of cues I'd sell my Fact 2nd's, it makes sense.

I wouldn't compare Meucci to a custom cue maker, it's not the same. You are talking about a guy who makes 10-30 a year "attention to detail cues" to a company who makes several thousand cues a year. In production cues, Meucci is my go to cue to sell or play with due to playability, holding their value, and aesthetics. Viking makes a million cues, but they start at the very low end and I don't care for them much myself.

I also think that $160 isn't bad for a better pin and shaft with 50 designs to choose from at any given time. I have a BMC Pro and love it. It's my daily player right now. It also only costs $600.00.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, we all know that opinions are like A-holes, we all have one. More importantly it's apples to apples that you need to look at here. Price for price, Meucci competes very well and with versatility.

Personally, I've only come across 1 Meucci cue that had an issue that wasn't marked Fact 2nd and I've sold A LOT of them. If I made a lot of cues I'd sell my Fact 2nd's, it makes sense.

I wouldn't compare Meucci to a custom cue maker, it's not the same. You are talking about a guy who makes 10-30 a year "attention to detail cues" to a company who makes several thousand cues a year. In production cues, Meucci is my go to cue to sell or play with due to playability, holding their value, and aesthetics. Viking makes a million cues, but they start at the very low end and I don't care for them much myself.

I also think that $160 isn't bad for a better pin and shaft with 50 designs to choose from at any given time. I have a BMC Pro and love it. It's my daily player right now. It also only costs $600.00.

Sorry...I was not giving an opinion. I gave you facts. There is a difference.

The BMC line of cues are supposed to be hand made by Bob himself. Already, there are factory 2nd BMC cues
out there being sold by not so honest dealers on Ebay. This is a fact and not an opinion.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Well it sounds like you had a bad personal experience that helped you form an opinion.

Either way, it doesn't matter. The only facts I see are that yes, if you manufacture, rather than craft products, it will result in more of what we will call, less than absolutely perfect products.

Here's the ironic part, I own a BMC Pro 3 that was advertised "Fact 2nd" and knowing this, I purchased it as it was $250.00 rather than 3 times that for a perfect one. Guess what, I love it and the great experience has helped me to find an entire new base of customers to market towards.

Now as for the not so honest folks selling on eBay, that's not for me to worry about as they will only make my business stronger as theirs dwindles.

Anyhow, I hope all works out for you in the end and I wish you good luck.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love the stories people make up about pool cues on Ebay....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Meucci-Cue-...248?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2e33b4f8

But you can tell the story any way you want. It is your story.

I can't remember the last time there was a Pro Tour.:eek:

So you got a $750 dollar Meucci for $250? That should tell you one thing...the

Meucci perfect or not would not be worth $750. Took the same amount of work and

time to make a perfect cue and a factory 2nd.

Funny I don's see Factory 2nd cues from Viking, McDermott or any other company.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
I purchased this cue from an older man in Iowa that had already sold the other 30 cues he had but found this in a closet. He used to be on a tour as a pro "a while back" and that's what he told me. I spoke to him for about 15 minutes on the phone and that's that.

So at this point I don't know what your issue is or what it is you're trying to accomplish, but I conduct a very straight and honest operation.

It would be greatly appreciated it if you'd worry about something that matters that doesn't involve my business.

I buy and refinish cues and then resell them the proper way, honestly and that's fairly simple. So if you'd like to question my integrity of my work, that's another topic.

So for the third time, I wish you luck in whatever your ventures may be but please stay out of mine.

poolguy4u

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I purchased this cue from an older man in Iowa that had already sold the other 30 cues he had but found this in a closet. He used to be on a tour as a pro "a while back" and that's what he told me. I spoke to him for about 15 minutes on the phone and that's that.

So at this point I don't know what your issue is or what it is you're trying to accomplish, but I conduct a very straight and honest operation.

It would be greatly appreciated it if you'd worry about something that matters that doesn't involve my business.

I buy and refinish cues and then resell them the proper way, honestly and that's fairly simple. So if you'd like to question my integrity of my work, that's another topic.

So for the third time, I wish you luck in whatever your ventures may be but please stay out of mine.

If you are on Ebay and lying and making up stories about pool cues, then it is my business. I just wish people can be honest instead of making up stories and lying to make a buck. People lying on Ebay ruin it for the honest sellers.

PhoenixVA

Old Rookie
Silver Member
Meucci Player

I've owned about four different Meuccis, starting way back in the late 80s-early 90s. All Meucci Originals but one. One was a sneaky pete. The one I own now, that I recently purchased, is a Meucci Original. I've never had any quality issues with them. Matter of fact, I've owned A LOT of different production cues, Viking, McDermott, Joss, and I prefer Meuccis. That's not to say that Meucci is "better quality", "better value", or even "better product", but that's just my cup of tea. To each his own. The absolute BEST cue I've owned, so far, bar none, is an Auerbach by John Parker. GREAT CUE! I've also owned a break cue from Auerbach, which was a monster breaker. High quality construction and beautiful cues.

Anyway, back to the Meuccis. I've played with all the shafts, original, red dot, and black dot. The original shafts were REALLY whippy, but I got accustomed to its eccentricities. The red dot, I couldn't tell much difference from that and the original, still kinda whippy. The black dot, to me, is by far the best and most solid hitting of the three. Less deflection and whippiness. Now, honestly, I can't compare that to a 314 or OB, simply because I've never shot with one. If anyone has one of those they want to donate to "convert me", feel free. HAHA! As with most people, my opinion changes as more knowledge is gained, so once I own other cues or specialized shafts, then I will give them an honest evaluation. Until such time as I can move out of this town with the highest unemployment rate in my state and improve my financial situation, I will stick with my Moochies!:thumbup:

Last edited:

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Dude, get over it the story is absolutely real. Deal with it. So if you feel like accusing me of bad business feel free.

OR BETTER YET, BUY ONE (maybe I'll give you a deal) AND MAYBE YOUR UBER POOL COOLNESS WILL BE CONVERTED BACK TO REALITY.

cbrand

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never seen factory seconds of Viking or mcdermott either but I have seen lucky, star, valhalla and poison. They accomplish the same thing as a factory second and that getting your product in the hands of more players. I do not have a problem with either and I have owned an overlayed Chinese built cue by big name American company till I fell in love with a whimpy mooch.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Btw, go Ravens, I see your in Maryland and I am from there as well. Hartford county, damn it Baltimore sucked today and last week and pretty much all season.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying & selling quality cues with integrity
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I love my 97-10. I have the original shaft that came with it and added a red dot and then a black dot. I tend to use the black dot as I like the feel of it the best. I am in the process of buying an "ultimate weapon" shaft to give it a try.

I have always appreciated the fact that a lower level player such as myself is able to put extreme spin on the cue ball, if needed, while still being able to pot difficult shots. I give full credit to this cue.

DAVE_M

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always appreciated the fact that a lower level player such as myself is able to put extreme spin on the cue ball, if needed, while still being able to pot difficult shots. I give full credit to this cue.

It ain't the cue... Putting extreme spin on a ball has nothing to do with you having a Meucci.

thewhiffer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It ain't the cue... Putting extreme spin on a ball has nothing to do with you having a Meucci.

I appreciate the comment Dave, and I will concede that, after a brief period of adjustment, I am able to feel comfortable in this using another cue (I once had to use my wife's McDermott cue in a tournament and found I could adjust to it fairly quickly). However, I believe that having the Meucci during my learning years helped to aquire this skill although, thankfully, it doesn't seem necessary as often anymore.