MEUCCI THE PRO SHAFT

StrokeofLuck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play the Meucci The Pro shaft exclusively after playing several years with several different brands of carbon fiber shafts. I liked the CF but I was missing the feel and sound of a wood shaft. I knew about The Pro's reputation and that's what I went with, without any regrets. There's a reason why Billy Thorpe and Coey Duel prefer The Pro shafts over the Meucci Carbon pro shafts. One thing about The Pro shaft, when I started using it I got used to it after one or two racks, feeling like I have been playing with it for years. Hard to explain. You have to personally experience it.
Corey was playing the wood Pro in ND a couple weekends back. Just watched him on YouTube last night playing in LA. Looks like he made the switch to their CF now.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Its basically the same as a normal shaft, but with an ultra light ferrule. If your happy using the Carmeli / Pierce / Schmelke then stick with those. There really isn't that much difference, just a lower deflection. And a longer taper than standerd.
Well, not really. The front end, first 5-7" or so, is drilled out and replaced with a thin dowel of lighter wood. This combined with a light ferrule lowers the end-mass and reduces the squirt. Meucci uses solid wood shafts like Mezz does. The Meucci Pro, imo, is one of the best playing/feeling wood ld shafts out there.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started to reply to you, but now , after thinking about it , why would I bother? Opinions are just that - please don’t read too much into people’s comments- I never compared myself to any pro player! I just base my opinions on my own personal experiences -
Yea ya did when you say why do you need these things and they don’t . That’s exactly what you’re doing comparing yourself to the best in the world. I didn’t say you have to like any certain shaft. One person magic wand is another mans dead piece of wood. But saying if eferin doesn’t need it either should anyone else is making a comparing yourself to One of the best players ever and that’s silly.

Last edited:

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, not really. The front end, first 5-7" or so, is drilled out and replaced with a thin dowel of lighter wood. This combined with a light ferrule lowers the end-mass and reduces the squirt. Meucci uses solid wood shafts like Mezz does. The Meucci Pro, imo, is one of the best playing/feeling wood ld shafts out there.
I did not know that about the pro, thanks.always I've been using mine for close to a year now. I did briefly change back. To a solid shaft. The biggest difference i found. In the way it plays, was finding the right butt for it.i agree with you. Its got a great feel. Then again i like using the longer taper.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea ya did when you say why do you need these things and they don’t . That’s exactly what you’re doing comparing yourself to the best in the world. I didn’t say you have to like any certain shaft. One person magic wand is another mans dead piece of wood. But saying if eferin doesn’t need it either should anyone else is making a comparing yourself to One of the best players ever and that’s silly.
Yes I’m comparing myself to Efren Reyes as a pool player - sure - oh did I mention that I can sing like Sinatra- play ball like DiMaggio/ and hit harder than Marciano— come off it please!!

jayman

Hi Mom!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Budget billiards is not selling Meucci products any more, That's huge! and I can see why.

IMG_0702.JPG

JPB2

Pro is a good shaft. I recently got a Meucci w/ Pro shaft. Not a wet noodle like my memory of the '80's shafts. Not a hard stiff shaft. Plays better than I do. Then again, that's not a high benchmark. Anyway, good shaft IMO

sbrownn

Registered
Does anyone have a 29" maple The Pro 12.5mm with 3/8x10 joint they want to sell, hopefully with a plain black joint ring?