Mike sigel meucci?

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
The guy Meucci should be honoring today is Dennis Hatch. I've seen the old lock and key design on a couple magazine covers because of his playing.

I remember St Louie Louie's name on a George case, but I never saw it on a Meucci.

I remember a thread (from a while ago) where the subject of Louie's Meucci came up, and someone (I forget whom) posted a picture of it. Trying t find it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack, maybe we can start another thread to see if they could report the picture.

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds like a pretty 'out there' story to me. I'd have to have Bob or Mike confirm something like that.

I was there. Ask Mike S. about it.

I should add, have you ever been around Mike S. when he is losing? It is everybody fault but his, in this case the cue.

Last edited:

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just looked at some AZ photos...and it does look like he has a Meucci with a 314 shaft.

Tommy-D

World's best B player...
Silver Member
> I remember seeing an ad posted for Mike's Meucci on a site several years ago,seemed like it was Tampa Billiards. They wanted like 35k for it.

Mike won no telling how many tournaments with the Joss/Kersenbrock combo John Wright sold. He played with another high-end Joss for several years. Either before or after his association with Joss ended,he played in the '93 U.S. Open with the aforementioned Gina.

I've seen at least a dozen OLD Meucci's in Memphis that Louie either played with then sold,or he was given and sold. As far as a "line" with his name,I've never seen one,but saw at least 5-6 that had his name engraved/stamped on the forearm,that are probably still being played with at least occasionally in Memphis. The other 5-6 I've seen were cues that were basically pristine,because they were bought from/given away by Louie himself. Tommy D.

JoseV

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If memory serves me...Meucci had a Sigel series cue called "Captain Hook" and it actually had hook inlays in the butt sleeve.

Oh man , A frend of mine had one of those cues back in like 97 while i was living in Puerto Rico but could not help but wonder why there were fishing hooks on it . But now so many years later i finally found out what the deal with the fish hooks on the bottom of the cue.

Thanks for the info Voodoo Daddy

DeepBanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Captains . . . Rig . . .

Da Hook at some point used this stuff . . .

Attachments

• Mike Captain Hook Sigels Set.jpg
    Mike Captain Hook Sigels Set.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 1,645

DeepBanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Captain . . . Hook . . .

Da Man Himself . . .

Attachments

• Mike Captain Hook Sigel.jpg
    Mike Captain Hook Sigel.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 1,765

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had that Gina Cue until I sold it to a friend of mine along with Mikes Flowers case. I would post pictures of the cue and case but I don't know how!:mad:

no-sho

Here you go bud. Thanks for sharing! Love that GINA. I'm curious....what size shafts did SIGEL use and tips?

Attachments

• SIGEL.1.jpg
    SIGEL.1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 472
  • SIGEL.2.jpg
    SIGEL.2.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 1,893
  • SIGEL.3.jpg
    SIGEL.3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 554
  • SIGEL.4.jpg
    SIGEL.4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 456
  • SIGEL.5.jpg
    SIGEL.5.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 441

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong. Jim Rempe used the crown jewel cue.

Dick

I'll tell you something funny. Rempe asked me to keep an eye on the cue he would be right back. Of course as soon as he left I started hitting balls with it. It was one of the worst cues I have ever hit a ball with, yet he played with it for years winning everything. Funny how people can be so different when it comes to a cue.

Thomas McKane

Lifelong student of one p
Silver Member
Dude

I'll tell you something funny. Rempe asked me to keep an eye on the cue he would be right back. Of course as soon as he left I started hitting balls with it. It was one of the worst cues I have ever hit a ball with, yet he played with it for years winning everything. Funny how people can be so different when it comes to a cue.

Dude, you seem to have it in for Meucci cues. Don't know what you hate about 'em but you seem to have wild stories for why they all suck.

PROG8R

Gator Nation
Silver Member
I don't think so. With the long butt cat and the white ring just below the wrap it looks more like a Gina.

WoW, that got me to look at all the old photos... That Earl looks a lot like a person that used to be a member on here that you all loved to hate on...
:D