Missouri State 9 ball tourney in Springfield Mo.

sjensen1207

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bad scheduling, plus I really don't like the fact that it's limited to only 80 players and it's only a race to 6.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
What do you expect?

More intelligent scheduling - Valentine's Day weekend.

Hell the flyers are still on their way to some of the previous players homes.

Sure will make for a COLD February for those that attend this thing.

I think Millersburg may be easy pickin's on Saturday.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
When examined

Hell the flyers are still on their way to some of the previous players homes.

Sure will make for a COLD February for those that attend this thing.

I think Millersburg may be easy pickin's on Saturday.

Based on lodging, gas, food, entry and your time. If time is FREE you would have to place 4th or better just to cover your cost.

Sounds brutal, unless you live close to te venue where those cost are nominal.

I guess it will be the $30 entry fee 8 ball tourney in Millersburg on Saturday the 13th for me, little to no overhead. One day event.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks Daryl.

No problem, Mark. In defense of this tournament, you do get to play a lot of pool. The player is guaranteed 7 matches of 9-ball race to 6. If you make to Sunday, you are in the money and guaranteed 4 more matches of race to 6. If you make it to the finals (top 12 out of 25) then it is a double elimination tournament. Plus there are not many tournaments in this area played on the 4 1/2 x 9's and it is a prestigious tournament to win. Looking at it as purely economical stance, it may not be the best odds for the money lay out. It does pay well if you win though.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
I agree

No problem, Mark. In defense of this tournament, you do get to play a lot of pool. The player is guaranteed 7 matches of 9-ball race to 6. If you make to Sunday, you are in the money and guaranteed 4 more matches of race to 6. If you make it to the finals (top 12 out of 25) then it is a double elimination tournament. Plus there are not many tournaments in this area played on the 4 1/2 x 9's and it is a prestigious tournament to win. Looking at it as purely economical stance, it may not be the best odds for the money lay out. It does pay well if you win though.

We have a 10 ball at Teachers St Peters,Mo in March, same format. But it is on bar tables.

I will post a flyer when I get one.

If there was an auction? At Springfield. I might drive down for that and buy you.

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We have a 10 ball at Teachers St Peters,Mo in March, same format. But it is on bar tables.

I will post a flyer when I get one.

If there was an auction? At Springfield. I might drive down for that and buy you.

:smile:

They don't do an auction. I'm probably not going to make it this year. I'm on call for work and since it's Valentine weekend no one wants to cover. I may try to get to the 10 ball tourny in St. Louis.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
I will start a thread

:smile:

They don't do an auction. I'm probably not going to make it this year. I'm on call for work and since it's Valentine weekend no one wants to cover. I may try to get to the 10 ball tourny in St. Louis.

I will start a thread as soon as I get a flyer.

I think it is the weekend after the Break tournament.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
What Brainiac came up with that?

No - there is a scheduling change by the Break tournament so now it is the same weekend. Brutal.

I guess some of the better Missouri Players will play at Teachers and the road players and some local players will play at the Break. Good new is that the auction for Teacher's should be Friday night and the Break on Sunday.

Nice little drive between the venues. About the same distance to each of them for me.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
So who is going to Billiards in Springfield? I might stop in on Saturday to see how it's going and look for familiar faces.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Go Sunday for the Finals.

So who is going to Billiards in Springfield? I might stop in on Saturday to see how it's going and look for familiar faces.

I would go Friday for the finals but they do not have a player auction?
Dennis Bullock will be the sole player from our MO8 team to play in this.

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Blizzard Warning

It's snowin' like cats and dogs out there boys, ya better plan on being stuck here for at least next Wednesday. Regardless of if you show up or not please insure you have plenty of stake money for the snow in "playoffs". Action will be fierce and plentifull! LOL

Actually, there aren't any damned spots left and I wanna fricken' play so I'm hoping that some of you will keep your asses home! :thumbup: :deadhorse:

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
I thought they were going to open it up to 96 players

It's snowin' like cats and dogs out there boys, ya better plan on being stuck here for at least next Wednesday. Regardless of if you show up or not please insure you have plenty of stake money for the snow in "playoffs". Action will be fierce and plentifull! LOL

Actually, there aren't any damned spots left and I wanna fricken' play so I'm hoping that some of you will keep your asses home! :thumbup: :deadhorse:

Since you are from there, I would have to say someone is NOT going to make it, so good luck getting in.

How did you finish last Saturday? number 2?

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Any updates on the tournament action? I stopped in there just long enough to say hello to Darren and Phil yesterday. Things looked even busier than I expected and it was a little difficult to have a conversation for all the noise.

Didn't even look at the score sheet. Only saw a handful of players that looked familiar.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Results most likely by word of mouth?

Any updates on the tournament action? I stopped in there just long enough to say hello to Darren and Phil yesterday. Things looked even busier than I expected and it was a little difficult to have a conversation for all the noise.

Didn't even look at the score sheet. Only saw a handful of players that looked familiar.

I know a guy that went down for the event, I will not see him till pool league Wednesday but hopefully a local from Springfield will post the results so we will know who the Mo State 9 ball champion is this year and who ate their dust.

I was with the 2nd place finisher yesterday. Dustin Dunham in Union Missouri, had 16 players, bar added 175 and the auction and tourney 1st place was over 560 bucks. Over by 11 p.m. Dustin double dipped my horse, but can you guess who I had in the auction?