Missouri State 9 ball tourney in Springfield Mo.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
I've been playing some bar tournaments at "Brew & Cue" in Republic and also "My Place" in Springfield. The wife goes along and both of us are whipped when we get back to Greenfield. Makes for a long day/night for us but it's the only practice I get. Am showing a little improvement in my game but need to get back on the 9' tables.

I did ask Phil to put me back on Billiards' mailing list while I was there.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Anyone got the top 4 finishers in this event?

Does anyone from the Springfield area have the top 4 finishers in this years event?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sam?

anyone else/?

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
OK I broke down and called the pool hall

Does anyone from the Springfield area have the top 4 finishers in this years event?:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sam?

anyone else/?

1st place English Andy Craig, British Citizen/Missouri resident
2nd place Snooker John Turpin
3rd place Troy Kirkendoll
4th place Brandon Spitler.

I have heard about this Andy Craig guy and he seems to do well in every event he plays in.
Snooker John has played well for decades and was at the door.
Troy Kirkendoll's game has picked up, just bought him in a calcutta a couple weeks ago. He won.
Brandon Spitler? Do not know him?

That is all the details I could get. ANDY CRAIG? I think that is how he spells his name. You calcutta players may want to make a NOTE of his name.???

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Andy plays in the 8 ball tourneys down at "My Place" fairly often. He has beaten me and I've beaten him. 8 ball on a little bar table is a whole different world and I'm sure he's more acclimated to the 9'. I still want to play him some snooker somewhere (a few practice games beforehand would be needed though). I don't think there is a snooker table in Springfield though.

Andy is a nice fellow. Eagle eyes and very good cue ball control. That he is/was a snooker player is evident the moment you see his stroke.

Snooker John took second? I should have played.

Don't know Troy or Brandon?

Thanks for the update. I knew Andy was playing strong when I was in there as Darren mentioned that he was doing well.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Snooker players usually play better on a small 9 footer.

Andy plays in the 8 ball tourneys down at "My Place" fairly often. He has beaten me and I've beaten him. 8 ball on a little bar table is a whole different world and I'm sure he's more acclimated to the 9'. I still want to play him some snooker somewhere (a few practice games beforehand would be needed though). I don't think there is a snooker table in Springfield though.

Andy is a nice fellow. Eagle eyes and very good cue ball control. That he is/was a snooker player is evident the moment you see his stroke.

Snooker John took second? I should have played.

Don't know Troy or Brandon?

Thanks for the update. I knew Andy was playing strong when I was in there as Darren mentioned that he was doing well.

Those guys that grew up playing snooker on those big tables with tight pockets usually have the edge on a 9 foot with 4 1/2 inch pockets.

Just from what I have seen.

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
I am not sure

How many players did they get?

Sam Waltz posted that he could not get in due it the tournament being full which was originally set at 80 players? I will see Dennis Bullock who player in this event and spent $400 plus to attend and play so, based on my calculations it required 4th or better to break even?

I will update this post Thursday after I speak to Dennis unless he split on Saturday night which does not make any sense since he had a room for Saturday night:???? except????? If he got knocked out he probably headed home to take care of paperwork required, just like wha';;;;;;;;;;;;;;:p:p:p:p

Sam Waltz

My way...
Silver Member
Congrats to my English mate!!!

Andy Craig is a consumate gentlemen and I'm honored to call him the 2010 Missouri state 9-ball champion as well as my friend. He is a most deserving victor! Well done mate and best of luck in the future as well! :smile:

I'm still workin' on gettin' him to start playin' one pocket though... LOL

Aaron_S

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry to hear you didn't get to play, Sam. I'm sure you would have done very well.

Congratulations to Andy Craig; he struck me as being a fine player and a real nice guy to boot.

Congratulations also to Snooker John and Troy Kirkendoll for their 2nd and 3rd place finishes.

And congratulations to the Mid-MO crew as a whole. Sounds like our area was well represented with 4 or 5 players in the top 12. Good job everybody!

Aaron

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
Does anyone have the 5th through 12th results?

I have heard about this Andy Craig guy and he seems to do well in every event he plays in.
Troy Kirkendoll's game has picked up, just bought him in a calcutta a couple weeks ago. He won.

That is all the details I could get. ANDY CRAIG? I think that is how he spells his name. You calcutta players may want to make a NOTE of his name.???

Anyone have the 5th through 12th results.

troy kirkendoll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
missouri state 9ball

hey mark, ivan sweezer tied for 7th 8th, chuck miles and boone wagner got 9th thru 12th, brian from rolla tied for 5th -6th. the guy who got 4th was from around branson. sorry not good with names. but thats the best i can tell ya

dardusm

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
hey mark, ivan sweezer tied for 7th 8th, chuck miles and boone wagner got 9th thru 12th, brian from rolla tied for 5th -6th. the guy who got 4th was from around branson. sorry not good with names. but thats the best i can tell ya

Hey Troy,

Congratulations on 3rd! Wish I could have played this year but work got in the way.

Darryl Smith

markpatrick

Cardinals
Silver Member
You ought to go to Quincy on the 27th?

Winner break.

Congrats on your 3rd place finish. Did what you won cover your beer cost? Or did you wait til after the event to indulge?;)

dgarfoot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brian from rolla? harris maybe? solid player, was involved a few years back when Dustin played him up in Rolla. I know he has asked for the same game, and Brian wouldn't even talk to him lol.

Underclocked

.........Whut?.........
Silver Member
Troy, congrats on the high finish!

Don't think we've met but we probably will eventually. Going to try to play in that tourney next year if I figure to be able to stay on my feet long enough. Wife tells me (and she's surely right) that I couldn't have stood it this time.

troy kirkendoll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
missouri state 9ball

thanks for all the congrats. dayrl we sure missed ya but im sure i will see ya there next year. and believe it or not mark i only had like 8 or 9 beers from friday til time we left.

brandonspitler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol...

the guy that got 4th, is from Branson, and does not play much 9-ball. Don't let his 4th place finish fool you.
Everyone was just happy that he didn't pee on anyone in the bathrooms during the event.

4th place finisher,
Brandon Spitler. :rolleyes:

troy kirkendoll

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
missouri state 9ball

lol. sorry bout not remembering your name! it was nice playing someone who was a good sport , even when they werent gettin any rolls against me. pleasure meetin and playin ya.

brandonspitler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lol. sorry bout not remembering your name! it was nice playing someone who was a good sport , even when they werent gettin any rolls against me. pleasure meetin and playin ya.

good playin with you too bro. about the "good sport" thing...my ex-wife would disagree. lol!

417babe

One of the best player in town.

Andy Craig is a great pool player,He's a former Pro-snooker player in UK. He is a very nice man and get along with everyone, not to mention,such a joker too,lol. Oh by the way, his favorite food are: French fries, 2 over easy eggs and BEANS!!!, lmaoooooooooo your busted Mr Craig,hahahaha.

Last edited: