Mosconi Cup 2015, Boyes: 'Disappointed if we aren't partying on Wednesday!'

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i agree with most of what being said, euros are better cueists and shot makers
USA better at racking, jumping and trick shots

however one thing i know they dont like but stats seem to back up is the euros cant gamble
daz lost to svb in 06 at 8 ball his best game and also to hatch who lets face it is nowhere near the caliber of daz but when the moneys on the line cant produce
boyes dont know if he has ever gambled
shaw...well we seen how the bergman and him match went

tournaments different story though euros seem to thrive on that

actionplayer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

however one thing i know they dont like but stats seem to back up is the euros cant gamble
daz lost to svb in 06 at 8 ball his best game and also to hatch who lets face it is nowhere near the caliber of daz but when the moneys on the line cant produce

coming to think of that i remember this topi coming up last year around same time and darren responded on this that when he had his own table he would be playing lots of money matches and nobody was barred....well unless im missing something that hasnt happened

dynamite

Gold Member

You don't mention all the money matches I've won?..
like 75-80% won more than I've lost

All the 5-15k money matches i won in manila against world class players that i beat day in day out over a spell of 3 years from 06-9 No other Western player gambled and won the way i did in Philippines.I could write a Book on it. :) You wouldn't believe how many close huge sets i won with everyone routing against me there and i was on my own with my Stakehorse but i bet my own also. Always

All the Money Matches i won in USA and Europe from say 06-2012...
all the Money Matches i won at English 8ball from 93-2006 i won about 95% of my Matches and some Huge sets 20-50k etc.

Yes i lost a few games like Everyone Else but over a 20 years spell i might have one of the Best Records for Money Matches thats for sure. and I've played loads of top players not hustled and looked for Handicaps Ive only given Handicaps.

The match with Shane was 08 and i played great but the break killed me.

From 93-2009 i would say i was much better money player than tournament player for sure..
Recent years i rarely play for money as i focus on tournament play these days,Gambling all the time good but it affects your tournament play.So i Decided to Focus on Tournaments as it means so much more to be Successful and to be Remembered for what I've Achieved and make a good honest clean living and be proud of what I've achieved when its all said and done:) But i might come out of retirement and play some big sets Again soon. For me its lack of Motivation and Hunger to do so at the moment:).

Still during that time I've made more money gambling than I've lost.. but not like from 93-2009 .

So i would say my Winning Percentage Record Money Matches is about 80% and Probably Made Over 500k in 20-22years.

Thats not bad for a guy that CANT PRODUCE :thumbup::thumb up:

Darren

dynamite

Gold Member
coming to think of that i remember this topi coming up last year around same time and darren responded on this that when he had his own table he would be playing lots of money matches and nobody was barred....well unless im missing something that hasnt happened

Thats because I've been really busy and had lot of health issues.
and my lack of Motivation and Hunger is just not there..
But i hope to play some huge sets in future.:smile:

but first i need to get healthy and mentally right.

Darren

corvette1340

www.EpawnMarket.com
Silver Member
Thats because I've been really busy and had lot of health issues.
and my lack of Motivation and Hunger is just not there..
But i hope to play some huge sets in future.:smile:

but first i need to get healthy and mentally right.

Darren

Huge sets against anyone but Shane I'm assuming. You'd need the 8-ball to make it even remotely fair.

dynamite

Gold Member

Karl /jayson/chris/fiejen/ etc not gambled as much as me but they have won matches and lost some like everyone else...

Darren

dynamite

Gold Member
Huge sets against anyone but Shane I'm assuming. You'd need the 8-ball to make it even remotely fair.

10ball yes you are prob right.. but push out after break no :wink:

only way i would play shane is all around.

or 3 inch pocket 8ball.

Darren

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
You make a good point Dockter. I don't know if I can really say that I like the Hate Talk, but know what you mean. I especially don't like it when the hate talk becomes personal.

It does add another dimension to the Mosconi Cup that wouldn't otherwise be there, whether we like it or not.

JoeyA

Everyone loves to hate Karl, every sport needs a good heel and it seems we get both in this event. Who is hated more? Mike Dechaine or Karl Boyes? Personally I love watching both of them play and laugh when I see people go crazy about them. They don't get near as much wiggle room as players that everyone loves.

I love the trash talk before the event and can't wait to watch, and no one can deny both of AZB's hated heels can sure as hell play.

Grantstew

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You don't mention all the money matches I've won?..
like 75-80% won more than I've lost

All the 5-15k money matches i won in manila against world class players that i beat day in day out over a spell of 3 years from 06-9 No other Western player gambled and won the way i did in Philippines.I could write a Book on it. :) You wouldn't believe how many close huge sets i won with everyone routing against me there and i was on my own with my Stakehorse but i bet my own also. Always

All the Money Matches i won in USA and Europe from say 06-2012...
all the Money Matches i won at English 8ball from 93-2006 i won about 95% of my Matches and some Huge sets 20-50k etc.

Yes i lost a few games like Everyone Else but over a 20 years spell i might have one of the Best Records for Money Matches thats for sure. and I've played loads of top players not hustled and looked for Handicaps Ive only given Handicaps.

The match with Shane was 08 and i played great but the break killed me.

From 93-2009 i would say i was much better money player than tournament player for sure..
Recent years i rarely play for money as i focus on tournament play these days,Gambling all the time good but it affects your tournament play.So i Decided to Focus on Tournaments as it means so much more to be Successful and to be Remembered for what I've Achieved and make a good honest clean living and be proud of what I've achieved when its all said and done:) But i might come out of retirement and play some big sets Again soon. For me its lack of Motivation and Hunger to do so at the moment:).

Still during that time I've made more money gambling than I've lost.. but not like from 93-2009 .

So i would say my Winning Percentage Record Money Matches is about 80% and Probably Made Over 500k in 20-22years.

Thats not bad for a guy that CANT PRODUCE :thumbup::thumb up:

Darren

In 50 years time it'll be the world titles that matter in the record books not the results of money games.

Best of luck to you and the lads in Vegas, me and about 10 mates are flying in from Amsterdam to cheer you and the team to another victory!!

dynamite

Gold Member
Props to you Darren for backing up your friend. I like that.

But by doing so, you have placed a focused spotlight on Karl for the Mosconi Cup.

Karl will do his team proud if he sits motionless especially when his opponent is bearing down on a shot in his direction. Hopefully both teams will carry on in a professional manner.

May the best team win!

JoeyA

He already placed the spotlight on Himself :p...

Me backing him up here makes absolutely no difference at all.. only to 20-30 haters on a pool forum :thumbup::thumbup::thumb up:

We should nit pick every player thats moved in there chair while opponent shooting! You be Amazed how many of your idols and heroes!! The So Called Great Sportsmen Are Actually NOT.

D

dynamite

Gold Member
In 50 years time it'll be the world titles that matter in the record books not the results of money games.

Best of luck to you and the lads in Vegas, me and about 10 mates are flying in from Amsterdam to cheer you and the team to another victory!!

Correct ... :smile:
They mean more to me than having a 75-80% money match winning record. lol.

Great post see you in vegas have a good trip :thumbup:

Darren

dynamite

Gold Member
Daz why is it that toasty has been left off of euro team???

this year he wasn't really in the mix to make the team ... not the best year for him not done good in ranking events etc

previous 2 years i don't know why he didn't get picked :confused:

molinatx4206

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree with you about this year... By the way, I'm a huge fan of your game and consistency throughout your career. This year will be a good mosconi cup competitively ... I always root for you and it's awesome that you come on here and answer questions/ critics

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Daz

I would say that you are easily one of the top 3 14.1 players in the world today.

The two drill videos you did with TAR were excellent. Have you considered doing another one that focuses primarily on straight pool?

dynamite

Gold Member
I agree with you about this year... By the way, I'm a huge fan of your game and consistency throughout your career. This year will be a good mosconi cup competitively ... I always root for you and it's awesome that you come on here and answer questions/ critics

yeh good fun sometimes... shame people post without knowing the facts and looked at history properly..

all good thanks for support.

darren

dynamite

Gold Member
Daz

I would say that you are easily one of the top 3 14.1 players in the world today.

The two drill videos you did with TAR were excellent. Have you considered doing another one that focuses primarily on straight pool?

possibly pal thanks

top 3 not sure..

but my record would suggest so

9 titles from 18 events played only twice failed to reach semi final so can't complain 13 finals from 18 events not bad :thumb up:

D

GWAPO

I don't really gamble because of 3 reasons !

1, I don't have a rich backer

2, I don't sniff white stuff every time out in toilet

3, I have 2 kids to feed

:)