Mosconi cup to florida

Monti

The convention center has 240,000 sq. feet of meeting space. I'm betting there will be at least 2000 seats.

Parking seems to be $30. Ubers might be the ticket if you are staying elsewhere.

Dining at the hotel is limited -- a steak house, a breakfast place and a couple of bars -- but there are a bunch of restaurants about a mile south -- Vietnamese, Irish, Brazilian, pizza. And an outlet mall that has some restaurants and a food court.
Where do you see that it says it is being held in the convention centre? I can’t find this info?

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Walt,

I don't own Cue-Phoria, and actually haven't been there in like 6 years..
Only one 9 footer left.. nothing there but APA

Racks (in Sanford) is where most everyone goes. They have good food, good rates and lots of Diamonds (9 and 7)
Clicks North (in Casselberry) also just got all new Diamonds. (four 9 footers and fourteen 8 footers)

Let me know when you're in town.. been a while :)
Don't be messing with my stories.
Dammit!

Haha. You let ME know where you get to the mid Atlantic.
Dammit!

ACL

I also hope his words “The courage it takes to leave behind what's not for you anymore is the same courage that will help you find your way to what is” don’t mean he’s ditching his wife and kids.
The whole family would be moving if and when it happens. There are other reasons he is looking for a change that I can't divulge. Suffice to say, this is a move he has been considering for a while.

And no, he isn't walking away from pool.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Where do you see that it says it is being held in the convention centre? I can’t find this info?
It's the only space I can see in the RC complex that has room for 2000+ seats as an arena. You need a high ceiling to make that work. Look at the Google Maps satellite view and street views.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My favorite Rio moment was when the place got overrun with grasshoppers in 2019.

• Haha
Reactions: JAM

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The whole family would be moving if and when it happens. There are other reasons he is looking for a change that I can't divulge. Suffice to say, this is a move he has been considering for a while.

And no, he isn't walking away from pool.
Hope it works out for him and that he is going into the whole thing with his eyes open...the grass ain't always greener.

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For those who are considering going, I found a pretty good deal. Just north of the venue is the Grand Beach Resort. It has good reviews. You can walk to the venue without crossing a main road and it looks like it is as close to the tournament as the Caribe Royale hotel, as the convention center is between the two. Google says nine minute walk.

I'm a member on booking.com so I got a discount and upgrade to a two-bedroom apartment with two full baths. The parking is free. Full kitchen, washer and dryer. $700 total with all fees and taxes. Free cancellation.

View attachment 751062

Here's the map. I see the Grand Beach has slightly better reviews. (4.5/4.4)

View attachment 751064
Great suggestion Bob, Been there for conferences several times and the conference center has numerous rooms that are more than adequate and very nice. the hotel is pricey for the room you get and most of the hotels around will charge resort fees, parking charges, and whatever else they can tack on. For those staying off-site don't forget the 30-something daily parking charges daily. Bob's deal is the best deal you will find at that time of the year.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Just to be clear that's the Caribe Royale convention center, just north of the main hotel.

bpeacock

Just made a reservation at the Caribe. The website said only 1 King Suite remaining. It is within driving distance so we splurged on the hotel.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I think the venue is a major step up from Bally's. Here is the resort's info on the meeting space and other stuff. 120 two-bedroom villas available along with the regular suites...

Thanks Bob!!👍🏻

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Damn Lou!! What bin did you pull that crap out of?? 🤣🤣

Like the thing says, it's from the Broadway musical "Book of Mormon."

They're getting their mission assignments and guys are getting Japan, France, etc. while he dreams of Orlando. He gets Uganda. It's a long number and I just wanted to post up the Orlando reference.

Lou Figueroa

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Like the thing says, it's from the Broadway musical "Book of Mormon."

They're getting their mission assignments and guys are getting Japan, France, etc. while he dreams of Orlando. He gets Uganda. It's a long number and I just wanted to post up the Orlando reference.

Lou Figueroa
With a capitol T and that rhymes with P and that stands for POOL!!!

• Haha
Reactions: ACL