My Balabushka

toomanybugs

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have always loved this one!

I have always loved this one, when it was displayed in Pool and Billiards magazine some years back (mid-80's cue makers issue).

Sorry for my bad picture, I have miss placed the magazine. :eek:

Attachments

• Balabushka_xx1.jpg
    Balabushka_xx1.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 1,689

Paul Schofield

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
classiccues said:
Paul,
Great cue.. obviously a Boti blank.. fantastic work. I can't see the date, but I gotta think no earlier than 72-73.

JV

The box is dated November of 1975. It is just days before he died. I remember calling his house to thank him for his work. I wound up speaking with his wife who revealed George's passing. George's father died just a couple of weeks before George did. His father's name was George also. This created some confusion at the time.

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Paul Schofield said:
The box is dated November of 1975. It is just days before he died. I remember calling his house to thank him for his work. I wound up speaking with his wife who revealed George's passing. George's father died just a couple of weeks before George did. His father's name was George also. This created some confusion at the time.

Paul, great cue and story......the term is often overused but this is truly a monster collectible Bushka !!

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
And now!

You should sell it and buy a house! Take what is left over and donate it to St. Jude!
Rent the house and get what you probably paid for the cue on the monthly!!!!
It makes me think about pool bumbs. Balabushkas swinging. The line you never hear any more.
I will put up my Balabushka for $100.00! And it was a more than weekly thing!
Back in the late 60's at The Fireside Billiars there was at least one Balabushka that was owned by every parton that had a little extra cash!
A Freaking house!
Thanks for shareing!
Nick :)

ScottR

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On top of everything already mentioned, it is a pretty fancy Balabushka. Oh, man.....

Scott

Hit Man

<-------GANGSTA'
Silver Member
Balabushka

Paul Schofield said:
Happy New Year! For your viewing: Paul Schofield's Balabushka

box
leather wrap
thread protector
Szamboti forearm blank
three Balabushka shafts (ivory ferrules)
three Szamboti shafts (ivory ferrules)
maple windows
ebony points
Bushka rings
Fellini black textured leather case

Paul. Thanks for sharing. Tell us what you paid Mr. Balabushka to make that gem back in 75' so we can all go "ooooh and ahhhh".

Hal2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Cost is Priceless ...

Hit Man said:
Paul. Thanks for sharing. Tell us what you paid Mr. Balabushka to make that gem back in 75' so we can all go "ooooh and ahhhh".

Ralph, a wise man will never divulge the initial cost of a rare item he owns.

This in itself, adds to the mystique and value.

Best Regards,
Hal

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
dirtypool40 said:
there SHE IS!!!!! <in best, dramatic "Wrath of Khan" voice>

I have lusted after that cue since first seeing it in a magazine 20 years ago!!!!

I have a Davis blank going together NOW after all these years.

SOOOOOOOOOOO good to finally see her again.

:happydance:

toomanybugs said:
I have always loved this one, when it was displayed in Pool and Billiards magazine some years back (mid-80's cue makers issue).

Sorry for my bad picture, I have miss placed the magazine. :eek:

that's the article I was talking about.

There was a great macro shot of the top of the wrap, that ring and those sexy points.

PLEASE somebody tell me they have some of those pics somewhere!!!

PAUL!!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post some good macros....:bow-down:

Matt_24

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
125K???? What???

I'd say...30K. I mean, if that ivory box cue of Szamboti's (purchased by Will Prout) didn't go over 60K...there is no way this would bring 125K IMO.

That is one nice Balabushka.

kano

Unbelievable!!!!!
Silver Member
simply put . . .

. . . this is cue p0rn!!!!

me jealous.

it's funny to think that this cue was rumbling around in that little cardboard box!

u'd need some kind of titanium pressurized waterproof case today.

congratulations Paul!

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
It doesn't get much better than this!

Awesome, congratulatons.

Chris

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Matt_24 said:
125K???? What???

I'd say...30K. I mean, if that ivory box cue of Szamboti's (purchased by Will Prout) didn't go over 60K...there is no way this would bring 125K IMO.

That is one nice Balabushka.
66K for the box

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
HOB Weert said:
So this is then the last cue George made and delivered?

MH
HOB Weert

Perhaps, if so its even more important. Its actually hard to put a number on a cue like this if thats the case, its worth what someone will pay, its the perception of value not its real value, it works like this in Art, Watches, Historical stuff, Diamonds too. All big $$$ things arnt worth what they cost but thats what makes them fun and when you own a few houses, ya gotta blow it on something:thumbup:

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Paul,

A wonderful cue! It is heartwarming to see you have kept it all these years. Very special!

I lived in Mansfield when you used to come down to play Donnie Williams at Park Lanes. The time does go by.

Will Prout

kvinbrwr

Skee Ball Monster Playa
Gold Member
Wow

Stunning collectible cue. Congratulations on owning it.

Thanks for showing it.

Kevin