New Here? - Introduce Yourself

Pukka

Registered
Sorry for the confusion Magnum. The correct number is Cuetec #99272. This has a white shaft, but it comes in other colors. You will see them all. They are listed together. MSRP is $140, but many places sell them for $112.
Pukka

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
To all of the new guys & girls and not so new guys & girls, Welcome to the Forums.

Come visit us over at the Main Forum. (Ok, I mean just don't post in this Sticky only)
That's where a lot gets done. ;)

JoeyA

Last edited:

Pukka

Registered
Hi Magnum; Ordered my Cuetec on line through Cuestore. $112 No tax. Free UPS shipping. Free black vinyl case. Comes with a Tiger Predator layered-leather tip. Its 76 LL rating means a medium-hard tip.
Hustler Pukka

JoeyA

Silver Member
Hi JoeyA: Am new to this website. How do I visit at the Main Forum?
Hustler Pukka

Looks like you made it Pukka.

Come back and post again.

This is just a STICKY NOTE (which is at the very top of the Main Forum and not everyone reads the Sticky Notes. You are in the Main Forum, just in the Sticky Note section where a lot of people don't read. Start a new thread and you will be in the Main Forum (regular reading/posting section).
JoeyA

Last edited:

Pukka

Registered
Hi; The new Cuetec 99272 performed well this morning. Won the vast majority of games. Was then challenged by the owner of the establishment. A single match. I broke with my backup stick, another 18 ounce model. Made a single low ball on the break. Switched to the Cuetec and ran off the remaining solids, including the 8 ball. A good day. A great cue stick.
Hustler Pukka

Pukka

Registered
Hi again everyone;
Been doing a little research. Found out that Rage Heavy Hitter Jump-Break cue sticks weigh 25 ounces. Does anyone here ever use one? They worth $80 in new condition?
Only have two cue sticks presently. Both 18 ounces. Great tools, but a little light for devastating breaks. Also considering the Elite Heavy Hitter Break Cue. A whopping 27 ounces. They sell for $93-$108.
Hustler Pukka

jamnut

Underwater Tiger
Silver Member
Hello from Schaumburg, IL.

Hi all,
I have decided to see how good I can become at pool. This started last week when my wife and I decided to go out and shoot pool , somehting we haven't done in ten years or so.
Even though neither of us is very good, we had a blast, and I remebered just how fun and involving this game can be. Then I wondered why I never made a serious attempt to excel at it. Beats me...
So now I AM going to try to pracice and become better at this game; I don't have any aspirations of being pro or anything, as I am a little old for that, I just want to get maximum pleasure out of it, and see how many of its problems I can deal with and solve(?)
I am concentrating, starting today, with stroke and cue ball fundamentals, i.e., a smooth, straight, consistent stroke, and, trying to get the cue ball to stun, follow, draw. I'm not trying English, as I have enough problems now, and that will come with time.
I practiced these skills for a couple hours today, and will continue, as I am the kind who loves drills and repetitive practice.
Do these basics seem like good starting points, and do you more experienced players have any resources that you could recommend?
I hope to learn from those who have gone before...
Thank you!

Last edited:

Pukka

Registered
Hi Jamnut;
My 66th birthday arrives in two weeks. Ouch! Been hustling 8-ball pool for over 45 years. Practice is the key to playing well. Pick yourself up a concentric cue stick. This way you will remain consistent.
Have another pool match scheduled to start in 7 hours. This is the third consecutive week. Played 10 games so far.
Won 9 and lost 1. My opponent sunk the 8 ball on the break.
Hustler Pukka

JKing

Registered
Hello All

I have always enjoyed pool but I don't play as much as I used to by any means. I managed a pool hall in the 90s and it was a really enjoyable experience. My friends would come when my shifts were over and we would spend our evenings racking and breaking and enjoying the game.

Also I recently I started looking into the particulars of my cue that I bought during that time. I was told at the time I purchased it that it was a Meucchi. Now I am not entirely sure. It does not have any branding on it whatsoever. I don't think I got taken on the purchase. The fellow wanted to buy it back at better money later but I liked it too much and held onto it. Still, the lack of any branding at all is curious as it is not set up to look just like a house cue, ala' a sneaky pete.

One of the reasons I joined this forum was in the hopes that some of the experts around here might help me solve the mystery.

What would be the right forum to drop a thread into with some good photos of the cue and ask for some help in identifying what I have? :)

JoeyA

Silver Member
Start a NEW THREAD right here in the Main Forum.

More people read the Main Forum than the rest of the forums and surely someone will recognize the photo of your cue. Be sure and take photos of the joint pin and close ups of the collars.

JoeyA

I have always enjoyed pool but I don't play as much as I used to by any means. I managed a pool hall in the 90s and it was a really enjoyable experience. My friends would come when my shifts were over and we would spend our evenings racking and breaking and enjoying the game.

Also I recently I started looking into the particulars of my cue that I bought during that time. I was told at the time I purchased it that it was a Meucchi. Now I am not entirely sure. It does not have any branding on it whatsoever. I don't think I got taken on the purchase. The fellow wanted to buy it back at better money later but I liked it too much and held onto it. Still, the lack of any branding at all is curious as it is not set up to look just like a house cue, ala' a sneaky pete.

One of the reasons I joined this forum was in the hopes that some of the experts around here might help me solve the mystery.

What would be the right forum to drop a thread into with some good photos of the cue and ask for some help in identifying what I have? :)

Hoser

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello Everyone

Been reading the forum for a while and thought I'd officially join. Been playing for over 40 years and still a student of the game.... Thanks for all the information everyone has shared, enjoy the forum very much.

AlbertaShark

Registered
23 years old living now in Claresholm AB Canada.

Been playing pool for over 1 year. I mostly play everyday atleast 10 racks a day. Looking for tips and pointers on how to develop skill.

Nice to be here!

Delta046

Hi everybody.

I have been reading the forums for awhile now and figured it was time to join. It helped me research and find a table that both the finance and I liked. Plays great and its nice to be able to practice at home.

IMG_3867.jpg

bboyer1969

Registered
Hello,
New member here from IN. Found the forum looking for a specific cue so thought I would join. I just started playing again after a 10 yr break. Been doing drills and the stoke is coming back very fast.
Happy playing all...
Brian

Sharkfood

Registered
New here

Hi, just started playing again after about 20 yrs off (little rusty). Picked up a slate 9 ft table and will be practicing a lot. Big difference from the 7 ft bar boxes I used to play on in my early days. Looks like a lot of good info here.

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like nobody has been very cordial, that is normally reserved for the NPR portion of the forum. Welcome to the site. There are alot of really good people here and a wealth of knowledge.