Nine Ball UK Open.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Who is this Elliott Sanderson?
He will be Shaw's partner for Great Britain A in WCOP next month (after Shaw's original partner Appleton was "removed" :LOL:)
Is that Sanderson the best GB can come up with? What about Melling, Mark Gray?
Would Judd Trump be interested in partnering the one who thrashed him in US Open.

View attachment 642147

sanderson is a eurotour mainstay. i think he might be favorite over the rest of the brits, minus darren, at the moment. imran probably next in line. but yea, GB is not as good as they used to be

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Incredible, FSR down 0-6 to his dead money opponent Ashik Nathwani who at 691 is a huge130 FR points below FSR
If Ashik wins it will be upset of the year (in a major event)

0-6.JPG

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sanderson is a eurotour mainstay. i think he might be favorite over the rest of the brits, minus darren, at the moment. imran probably next in line. but yea, GB is not as good as they used to be
Sanderson is below speed of Melling, Gray but I think Melling /Gray could be Great Britain B. Last year, Shaw/Melling had kerfuffle and self destructed early so my guess is they probably split Shaw and Melling cos of poor team dynamics despite them being buddies. Shaw is dominant player so need someone more "docile" like Sanderson as his partner :ROFLMAO:

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pretty rough match on streaming table 2, a Fargo unrated and Fargo 604 playing tight and sloppy under the bright lights.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sanderson is below speed of Melling, Gray but I think Melling /Gray could be Great Britain B. Last year, Shaw/Melling had kerfuffle and self destructed early so my guess is they probably split Shaw and Melling cos of poor team dynamics despite them being buddies. Shaw is dominant player so need someone more "docile" like Sanderson as his partner :ROFLMAO:

melling hasn't been doing the milage lately. or rather he has, driving a delivery truck. nothing wrong in that. i hope he gets back and starts travelling more because at his best there's not many like him. maybe UK open will be a turning point.

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sanderson has met Imran Majid six times in the last four years, and Majid has won five of those six matches

891014+1

Oh...overlooked, that Styer has lost his first round match too.
But I think Miguel Silva is a EC bronze medalist, so at least it wasn't an "easy" opponent.
Miguel Silva is the best Portugal pool player! And he is not a pro...
Awesome and deserved win for him.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
what caused the cueball to move @32:57 of this video? looked creepy.

In my post #24 I commented on cue ball movement while finishing the roll.

I'm thinking the cue ball is getting some flat spots/wear and I wonder who makes this cue ball. If not it may have some imbalance with those black marks imbedded in the ball, or? Maybe it settled on a piece of chalk dust, but look at that moment, sorry I didn't put the match players names, but the time lines are accurate for this bite that was recorded earlier.

Was just watching this live match, score was 7-5. The cue ball, as it fished rolling from the 1 ball to the 2 did allot of left right movement.

L.S. Dennis

Incredible, FSR down 0-6 to his dead money opponent Ashik Nathwani who at 691 is a huge130 FR points below FSR
If Ashik wins it will be upset of the year (in a major event)

View attachment 642160
This was supposed to be grey, sure looks brown to me! Way too many wing balls on the break to the point it’s becoming boring to watch the break and run outs. Maybe they should go with 3.75” inch Pockets? Goofy colored balls as well makes it hard to watch,

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has there ever been a breakdown of 1 on the spot vs 9 on the spot of break and runs?

I looked through some of AtLarge's break stat threads.

Over the last 2 years, I could only find 3 examples of them racking the 9 on the spot.

Derby City 2022 - B/R on Successful break was 43%
International 9 Ball 2021 - B/R on Successful break was 42%
Derby City 2020 - B/R on Successful break was 42%

Which is all pretty much in line with racking the 1 on the spot.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I looked through some of AtLarge's break stat threads.

Over the last 2 years, I could only find 3 examples of them racking the 9 on the spot.

Derby City 2022 - B/R on Successful break was 43%
International 9 Ball 2021 - B/R on Successful break was 42%
Derby City 2020 - B/R on Successful break was 42%

Which is all pretty much in line with racking the 1 on the spot.
I think the stat you need to look at is B/R on all breaks since putting the 9 on the spot makes it harder to make a ball. There are also a bunch of other possible break shot requirements that muddy the waters.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the stat you need to look at is B/R on all breaks since putting the 9 on the spot makes it harder to make a ball. There are also a bunch of other possible break shot requirements that muddy the waters.

On all breaks...

Derby City 2022 - 30%
Int'l 2021 - 27%
Derby City 2020 - 29%

Most of the events that were 1 on the spot were in the 40's, but there were a few that were low 30s.

So I believe you are right about the other break shot requirements being a factor.