pickle in a pickle

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I mean legalize all drugs -- heroin, cocaine, LSD, PCP, hash, marijuana, mushrooms, opium, et cetera, et cetera.

The problem of drug trafficking would be eliminated if drugs were legal.

The cost to run overcrowded prisons would not be coming out of my taxpayer dollars.

The dissemination of drugs in the underworld is a profit-making industry today. Legalize the damn drugs and put a stop to it.

I don't know anyone not on drugs supporting this one!

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With all do respect, wouldn't drugs take a good man and turn them into a homeless bum on the street? I am not looking to bash your good friend, I'm just saying, I know a few people, many in bad places, that ended up dead. And, I am pretty sure, they finished that way because of drugs and choosing death over a life of crime. I think a person would have to give these individuals a little nod for taking their own life over harming others. I don't see how being a good pool player or nice to a select few makes them a poor victim. Every killer, robber, rapist, drug dealer has a good side, friends and or morals. That doesn't change what they are/did. Courts can be a perfect tool to help us determine this.

Courts are overcrowded, as are the jails. Educating the public about the pitfalls of substance abuse, especially our youth, will go a long way to curbing the problem, much more than throwing everybody in jail. Incarceration should be reserved for some criminals, but not all substance abusers are violent.

What about the kid in Oklahoma that got the book thrown at him for having a roach in his ashtray, resulting in three years in prison? When he came out, he was a changed man and not for the better. Incarceration isn't helping the problem of substance abuse.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know anyone that doesn't do or on drugs supporting this one!

I'm not sure what you're saying, as there's a double negative in your sentence.

If you mean that those doing drugs today would not support that theory, I'm not so sure about that.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've read literally thousands of pages on this topic that were written by subject-matter experts, but to encapsulate their findings, the money saved by legalizing drugs could be better spent on educating youth about the pitfalls of drug abuse, resulting in less substance abuse as a whole.

The problem isn't those disseminating the drugs; rather, it's the user. Eliminating the need for illicit drugs, and it will not be as big a problem.

Much like the nationwide cigarette banning today, you don't see as many people smoking when they reach their teenage years as there were when I was a teenager.

not that i disagree with you, i don't, but that's one pretty big "if". there's hella money out there already that could be spent on this that or the other. the problem isn't the government not getting enough dough from us tax payers. it's how they're spending it.

every government funded this or that works their ass off to spend all their dough because they don't want their budget cut the next go around. kick backs, bribes and elected officials getting ridiculous pay for what most of us wouldn't even classify as "work". there's more than one Bell California in every state in the country and it's that frivolous spending is a big part of why the country's hurting for dough.

h the middle is what separates the rich from the poor. it's shrinking and the difference between the two is getting bigger.

legal or not people are going to keep doing drugs to try to forget how crappy their lives are. almost everyone i know works a job that they f*cking hate. i don't mean they don't like doing it. i mean they hate it to the point that they'd rather suck d*ck for money than do it. but everyone's so broke they can't even afford a back alley BJ anymore.

anyway drugs help people forget how unhappy they are one puff,hit,injection or pill at a time

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
not that i disagree with you, i don't, but that's one pretty big "if". there's hella money out there already that could be spent on this that or the other. the problem isn't the government not getting enough dough from us tax payers. it's how they're spending it.

every government funded this or that works their ass off to spend all their dough because they don't want their budget cut the next go around. kick backs, bribes and elected officials getting ridiculous pay for what most of us wouldn't even classify as "work". there's more than one Bell California in every state in the country and it's that frivolous spending is a big part of why the country's hurting for dough.

h the middle is what separates the rich from the poor. it's shrinking and the difference between the two is getting bigger.

legal or not people are going to keep doing drugs to try to forget how crappy their lives are. almost everyone i know works a job that they f*cking hate. i don't mean they don't like doing it. i mean they hate it to the point that they'd rather suck d*ck for money than do it. but everyone's so broke they can't even afford a back alley BJ anymore.

anyway drugs help people forget how unhappy they are one puff,hit,injection or pill at a time

LOL! What a post! LOL! :grin::grin::grin:

I'm not sure where to start, but suffice it to say that there will always be alcoholics, cigarette smokers, and drug users, no matter if they're legal or not.

Yes, life does suck sometimes, but there are other avenues to escape reality than popping a pill, taking a toke, snorting a line, or getting a "BJ." LOL!

No matter who is at the helm of the government spending, there will be pros and cons. What I think sucks worse than the spending is the amount of waste that happens each and every time a new administration gets in. It is as if the government comes to a halt, and then there's a lag time. Some programs that had billions of dollars invested in them are elmininated. NASA is a good example of this. :wink:

Omar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, I mean legalize all drugs -- heroin, cocaine, LSD, PCP, hash, marijuana, mushrooms, opium, et cetera, et cetera.

The problem of drug trafficking would be eliminated if drugs were legal.

The cost to run overcrowded prisons would not be coming out of my taxpayer dollars.

The dissemination of drugs in the underworld is a profit-making industry today. Legalize the damn drugs and put a stop to it.

The problem with this thinking is that legalizing drugs isn't going make them free. It's just going to put a different bunch of crooks in power distributing them. It's still going to a profit-making business. It will just be American businesses making the profits.

Between that and the taxes that the government are sure to apply, it's hard to imagine drugs getting any cheaper. Take a look at cigarettes. So addicts still won't be able to afford them, and will still turn to crime.

I agree there are problems with the drug laws in this country and how they are administered, but I don't think this is the answer.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not sure what you're saying, as there's a double negative in your sentence.

If you mean that those doing drugs today would not support that theory, I'm not so sure about that.

I corrected, maybe it will make sense now. It is my opinion and I'm sure you will have your hands full with opinions by days end... have fun:smile:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The problem with this thinking is that legalizing drugs isn't going make them free. It's just going to put a different bunch of crooks in power distributing them. It's still going to a profit-making business. It will just be American businesses making the profits.

Between that and the taxes that the government are sure to apply, it's hard to imagine drugs getting any cheaper. Take a look at cigarettes. So addicts still won't be able to afford them, and will still turn to crime.

I agree there are problems with the drug laws in this country and how they are administered, but I don't think this is the answer.

I see your point for sure, but I haven't read of very many cigarette smokers commiting armed robbery for cartons of cigarettes -- well, at least not yet. :eek:

The strategy I relayed is a long-term strategy. For sure, it is not one that can effect a solution overnight.

I would rather see drugs in the hands of legalized businesses using capitalism as their business practice rather than cartels murdering innocent citizens to enhance their cause.

I did grow up in the Woodstock generation when it was acceptable to alter one's state of consciousness at will; a societal norm, if you will. With that said, I would NEVER want anyone I love to smoke pot as a child, the same as I would not want my children to smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol.

There is no simple answer to substance abuse in our society today, but I do know that what's currently the status quo ain't working. When one in every 100 Americans is in jail, it speaks volumes, as far as I'm concerned.

And let's throw in the fact that one in every three high school students today never receive their high school diploma, just as an aside.

If there isn't a change agent soon, American society will continue to diminish to a pit of despair. Unfortunately, the drug of choice today is OxyContin (oxycondone), prescription pills. Doctors should be held accountable for how freely they prescribe this medicine. Here's a legalized form of drug dissemination that needs to stop. They need to start yanking doctor licenses, IMO.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

We hear about people breaking into stores for smokes probably hundreds of times a year, poor addicts! Too bad they smoke, such good people. This is for a legal drug! I agree that having people legally permitted to live life in a drug induced state detached from reality isn't the answer.

Piss in a cup for welfare, supplying daycare for lower income and keeping drugs illegal is a much better option. Also, not supporting people in there illegal activities would be nice. Drugs are illegal for a reason (people can't control them self) they are addictive.

poolplayer2093

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We hear about people breaking into stores for smokes probably hundreds of times a year, poor addicts! Too bad they smoke, such good people. This is for a legal drug! I agree that having people legally permitted to live life in a drug induced state detached from reality isn't the answer.

Piss in a cup for welfare, supplying daycare for lower income and keeping drugs illegal is a much better option. Also, not supporting people in there illegal activities would be nice. Drugs are illegal for a reason (people can't control them self) they are addictive.

all this frowning on drugs but everyone forgets they can hit up their local dealer anytime they want practically. just go to a bar. alcohol's an extremely dangerous drug. it ruins lives and when people are on it they really just aren't themselves.

you never hear about someone smoking a fatty blunt then beating their wife and kids. i know they have a (ACoA) Adult Children of Alcoholics set up to help kids raised around drunks.

is there an equivalent for kids that grew up with parents that smoked weed?

basically one of most harmful drugs to people that're on it and people that're around people that're on it is completely legal and drug testing for welfare wouldn't stop people from getting high on it.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
The 3-year old was obviously the mastermind on this well planned caper.
All three suspects hatched this plot while locked up together in day care.
They would of got away clean, but the 3-year driver had to go back for his Tickle Me Elmo doll.

I know a guy who actually worked at the factory where they produced the 'Tickle Me Elmo' dolls. He worked in quality control and had to make sure that when you tickled the doll it responded with the appropriate laughter.

He finally had enough after a year or so and quit. He told management that there's only so many 'test tickles' he could handle. :eek:

Best,
Brian kc

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Courts are overcrowded, as are the jails. Educating the public about the pitfalls of substance abuse, especially our youth, will go a long way to curbing the problem, much more than throwing everybody in jail. Incarceration should be reserved for some criminals, but not all substance abusers are violent.

What about the kid in Oklahoma that got the book thrown at him for having a roach in his ashtray, resulting in three years in prison? When he came out, he was a changed man and not for the better. Incarceration isn't helping the problem of substance abuse.

What do drugs have to do with him zip-tying some guys and ransacking a house? You're making an assumption that he was high on drugs or strung out in search of more. When he said, "Where's the $ and drugs," for all you know he wanted the drugs to resell for additional cash. So, based on your argument, if all drugs were perfectly legal (and everyone had'm), Bobby might be robbing even more. No one knows.

I dunno - I know you might like the guy and have a ton of pics with he and your bf--- but that doesn't mean the guy ain't a bad egg --- know what I mean? Sometimes it's best to throw your hands up in the air and distance yourself from people who hijack people's homes---- REGARDLESS of their supposed reason.

Just sayin' :)

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What do drugs have to do with him zip-tying some guys and ransacking a house? You're making an assumption that he was high on drugs or strung out in search of more. When he said, "Where's the $ and drugs," for all you know he wanted the drugs to resell for additional cash. So, based on your argument, if all drugs were perfectly legal (and everyone had'm), Bobby might be robbing even more. No one knows.

I dunno - I know you might like the guy and have a ton of pics with he and your bf--- but that doesn't mean the guy ain't a bad egg --- know what I mean? Sometimes it's best to throw your hands up in the air and distance yourself from people who hijack people's homes---- REGARDLESS of their supposed reason.

Just sayin' :)

I might have agreed with you when I was younger, but I've seen some bad eggs turn their lives around for the better when they quit using. Just saying. :)

Of course, I do not condone armed robbery, and if anybody ascertains that from my posts, then they have misunderstood or misinterpreted what I was trying to relay.

As far as distancing myself against things that I find harmful, well, I've been doing that since September 2006, and I must admit that my lifestyle is much happier, but it has nothing to do with drugs. :grin-square:

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
all this frowning on drugs but everyone forgets they can hit up their local dealer anytime they want practically. just go to a bar. alcohol's an extremely dangerous drug. it ruins lives and when people are on it they really just aren't themselves.

you never hear about someone smoking a fatty blunt then beating their wife and kids. i know they have a (ACoA) Adult Children of Alcoholics set up to help kids raised around drunks.

is there an equivalent for kids that grew up with parents that smoked weed?

basically one of most harmful drugs to people that're on it and people that're around people that're on it is completely legal and drug testing for welfare wouldn't stop people from getting high on it.

I don't drink and never have... its for a reason! Go to the MADD website and try looking through all those pictures! Totally pointless deaths! Rather than ban drinking, maybe a blow device standard in vehicles. Alcohol is just more proof that legal drugs don't work. People will and do abuse it. Alcohol is a hard one, maybe ban sales outside of bars. At least the people selling it can monitor you.

So many vices, it is sad some become overwhelmed and consumed.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't drink and never have... its for a reason! Go to the MADD website and try looking through all those pictures! Totally pointless deaths! Rather than ban drinking, maybe a blow device standard in vehicles. Alcohol is just more proof that legal drugs don't work. People will and do abuse it. Alcohol is a hard one, maybe ban sales outside of bars. At least the people selling it can monitor you.

So many vices, it is sad some become overwhelmed and consumed.

In the '50s and '60s, cigarettes were considered cool. Here is a cartoon that I grew up on glorifying cigarettes: Fred and Barney Smoking Winstons.

Children see this commercial and think cigarettes are okay. They enter their teenage years and start smoking. At 27 cents a pack, which is what it was when I started smoking in the late '60s, they were cheap and easy to get a hold of.

Since that time, thanks to educational outreach and public outrage, cigarettes are not looked upon with the same light. Hopefully, this can happen with substance abuse with the right strategy. That's all I'm trying to say. :smile:

mosconiac

Job+Wife+Child=No Stroke
Silver Member
TheBookOfMoron.jpg

MOJOE

Work Hard, Be Humble. jbk
Silver Member
According to Tenessee's DOC page, Robert Pickle has only been out of the can since 06/10/2010.. Looks like the rehabilitation is not working so well! Assuming that this is the same 50yr. old Robert K. Pickle.. Pretty sad.. IMHO

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see your point for sure, but I haven't read of very many cigarette smokers commiting armed robbery for cartons of cigarettes -- well, at least not yet. :eek:...

And there it is...the difference between cigarettes and meth/ crack/ pills. They cannot be considered the same.

And legal hallucinogenics. Ouch!

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
According to Tenessee's DOC page, Robert Pickle has only been out of the can since 06/10/2010.. Looks like the rehabilitation is not working so well! Assuming that this is the same 50yr. old Robert K. Pickle.. Pretty sad.. IMHO

I mean, it's possible it could be somebody else, but I can't imagine there are many with the last name of "Pickle." :(

Here's an InsidePOOL article about Bobby which states he was born in the "early sixties" and picked up a pool cue at the age of five: Bobby Pickle. [retrieved 31 August 2010]