Pictures of hackwork section!

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
Are you going to repair the 1/8 of missing material from the the tops of the rails.

The tables are done that way in the pool hall that I shoot at in Lancaster CA. To bad the owner wont spend the money to have them fixed right. He has always said that the tables to him always played slower and I explained to him why. {K66 rubber lowered and sanded rails}. The tables were done that way years ago. Same white facing material also.

Cant wait to see the rework photos!!!

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I will be adding wood back to the rails to bring them back to the proper height. This table originally had Monarch rubber on it so when it was modified it wasn't done right from the start. This set of rails need wood removed to accommodate k55 profile rubber close but not the same.

I am in the process of making some jigs and setting up a dedicated work area just for dealing with old warp rails.

Customer wants diamond black rubber so I have to order the diamond rails and see what angle I need to mount it to the right height and how much to add or remove.

I broke a couple of ribs 7 weeks ago so I'm taking my time on this project almost 100%.

Craig

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
I will be adding wood back to the rails to bring them back to the proper height. This table originally had Monarch rubber on it so when it was modified it wasn't done right from the start. This set of rails need wood removed to accommodate k55 profile rubber close but not the same.
Craig

Speaking of adding some wood, I am going through the same process with these poor Gold Crown 1.5 rails also. Starting with the wrong K66 runner, 2 of the cushions were stitched on with staples, all the poplar underneath was chewed all to hell and the heads on the rails were all blown out on top from years of getting the feather strips stapled into them. I will post some finished pics tomorrow when they are done.
CIMG7450.JPG

CIMG7451.JPG

CIMG7453.JPG

CIMG7455.JPG

CIMG7457.JPG

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
Speaking of adding some wood, I am going through the same process with these poor Gold Crown 1.5 rails also. Starting with the wrong K66 runner, 2 of the cushions were stitched on with staples, all the poplar underneath was chewed all to hell and the heads on the rails were all blown out on top from years of getting the feather strips stapled into them. I will post some finished pics tomorrow when they are done.
View attachment 160343

ok that makes me shudder....like seeing a spider on your pillow :eek:

the staple fiend needs a swift kick

n10spool

PHD in table mechanics
Silver Member
I haven't seen stapled down rubber since i first started I bought 3 tables at auction another guy bought other 14 almost everyone of them had the staples in the rubber spaced closer then yours.

Memopries of when I first start on tables by myself.

Craig

reverend

Table Mechanic
Silver Member
Here are a few after pics of that table.

All of the poplar under the rails for the cloth relief replaced.
under_rail.jpg

The heads on the subrails all cut off and replaced with fresh poplar and extended subrails for tighter pockets.
extended_subrail.jpg

corner.jpg

Side pocket angles corrected from factory Brunswick angles and extended.
facing.jpg

QuickEdward

Silver Member
Here are a few after pics of that table.

All of the poplar under the rails for the cloth relief replaced.
View attachment 160766

The heads on the subrails all cut off and replaced with fresh poplar and extended subrails for tighter pockets.
View attachment 160767

View attachment 160768

Side pocket angles corrected from factory Brunswick angles and extended.
View attachment 160769

I'm confused, how'd ya get the cushions to stay on... don't see any staples.... lol

dave_k

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
tore down a table yesterday to place into storage while they remolded the basement, while tearing down the table i noticed that the pockets had been replaced by a hack that didnt believe in pulling the stapled flaps so he just cut them off.....so i finished his job along with mine.

IMAG0124.jpg

Last edited: